Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford, here is a way for you to make even more money! ?

My extensive consumer research and focus group results have just come in and it revealed that most folks are purchasing the Lux package because of the additional safety tech, B&O sound system and connected, built-in navigation and to a lesser degree, the wireless phone charging.

1. These consumers are going to purchase this Lux package whether or not it includes a universal remote, heated steering wheel and dash USB ports.
  2. Consumers who would like to have the remote, heated steering and dash USB ports will not spend Lux package money to get them.
    • They WILL pay for them individually or as part of a less expensive package.
Ford, to make more money (and I'm only thinking of you) put the items in #2 above in the High package which will push your consumers on the fence into this package, or, add them as individual options or part of a smaller package which your consumers will spend money on when they won't go the Lux route.

1603760696964.png

I don't think so, start taking items out of packages for individual sale and less people will opt for the packages. Making things exclusive to packages is what makes people choose them. I think Ford knows what they are doing and how to make people spend more.
Sponsored

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could have sworn i remember someone saying there are other usb ports but the lux packages offers more. Maybe they are in the center console?

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could have sworn i remember someone saying there are other usb ports but the lux packages offers more. Maybe they are in the center console?
Mid package comes with the rear USB ports. Lux adds the top dash USB ports

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's surprising that Ford is leaving so much money on the table, given how . . . "transparent" their intentions with B&P pricing is. So many of these options would be no-brainers a la carte for many consumers, but once they're gated behind packages AND trim levels . . . they'll compromise to save money.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I once needed a USB connection on my dash for a GPS. Had Geek Squad at Best Buy do it. They did a fantastic job.

Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as I get it still in Lux, I don't care that it comes in a lower package? Maybe move it to Mid? So lower models can get it.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's surprising that Ford is leaving so much money on the table, given how . . . "transparent" their intentions with B&P pricing is. So many of these options would be no-brainers a la carte for many consumers, but once they're gated behind packages AND trim levels . . . they'll compromise to save money.
You may be correct but probably not. Ford builds these packages the way they do to maximize returns - not for any other reason. They presumably know more about consumer behavior (and profitability of take rates of individual options vs forced up-sold packages), than we do. I agree their bundling on Bronco is particularly poor from a consumers’ standpoint.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will find something similar to this, that I have used on my motorcycles, and have someone mount them on the dash. This is basically what Ford is putting in the dash and cost $20.
Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux 1604167522813

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ford’s ”problem” is they know some of us will pay *a lot* more for a Bronco, but they’re not sure how many. The way to get the most cash out of us is ’second degree price discrimination’ where they use bundles of options to force our hand. If you *want* the 2.7, you must take the automatic, or if you want the sound deadening added to the body you have to get the high package, until you get to the ultimate of the ultimate - the dash-top USB ports. Someone told them people that have spent a ton on go-pros and the like can probably get approved for the MAXIMUM version and so they bundle up several things to prompt us to pay more.

A different way to “bundle” is to give bulk discounts if you buy multiples of something - so single buyers must pay a higher price, but people who would be more price sensitive still move product.

Here’s some lecture notes about it that parallel what I paid UW for: http://www.its.caltech.edu/~mshum/ec105/matt9.pdf

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will find something similar to this, that I have used on my motorcycles, and have someone mount them on the dash. This is basically what Ford is putting in the dash and cost $20.
I just received one of these I ordered from Amazon. My plan is to put this in the cargo area. I want something similar but without the display for the dash. I will find the right one before the Bronco arrives. I’m sure wiring it up and installing it will be fairly easy.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dash mounted picatinny rail accessory is a cool idea, but to take full advantage, you need power up on the dash to keep from tucking wires all around or having them hang over the dash.

Please add the dash USB ports to a lower package or as a stand-alone option/accessory. Perhaps even make it a package with the rail itself. Doesn't make sense to confine this great idea in a multi-thousand dollar package.

Yup, this one makes little sense. Plugs for all!

Baron von Bruce

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

USB dash power? They don’t even give you a garage opener unless you go lux! This is a feature my wife’s mid range Subaru came with.
I didn’t even know they made vehicles still without that feature.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just received one of these I ordered from Amazon. My plan is to put this in the cargo area. I want something similar but without the display for the dash. I will find the right one before the Bronco arrives. I’m sure wiring it up and installing it will be fairly easy.
Wire it to one of the aux switches?
Im going base so i will be adding everything as well back seat power,ambient footwell lighting,picitinny rail i found this long piece of rail that was not used on another project it might work nicely
Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux 20201122_155734

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there is a high possibility that the wiring may be there for the dashboard usb and it will be covered with a solid plate. Then all you need is to buy the USB outlet and install it yourself.

I think this because I bought my base trim mustang in 2006 and added several components only found in the GT or upper level packages. For example, mine had a basic instrument panel. But I wanted the My Color option. I needed a new guage pod and the switches to operate it. I pulled off the switch cover, which was blank, but the wiring was already there. I installed my guages and the switch, and saved $$$.
Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. For example some Mustangs that didn't come with the optional exhaust cutouts are wired for them. Some didn't. Sometimes it depends on what they have on hand in parts when they put a particular vehicle together.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bundles have several purposes. One is to incentivize customers to purchase higher priced options. Another is to help with production.

Imagine if every single option was optional. Tracking the permutations wouldn't be that hard but managing the parts inventory would be. With packages you know that based on the orders you need X number of options for a given package level. It simplifies the planning and parts inventory at production.

And the number of customers who complain about it are infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things.

Customization is where the aftermarket steps in, although in some cases creative owners can make the stock parts work.
Sponsored