Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on the timing coinsident with the storm, the shutdown should be weather driven.
Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on the timing coinsident with the storm, the shutdown should be weather driven.
They're in Michigan. I would have to think they are used to running the plant in bad winter weather.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Through all of next week? It might have fed into their decision to close yesterday instead of waiting until Monday, but weather is not the reason for this shutdown.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
according to that article MAP has been shut down since yesterday and thru the Week of 2/7. So much for my build date of 2/10.
You should feel lucky that you may miss ice mountain tbh

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're probably joking but from what I understand the raptor doesn't fit down the assembly line. So you might be correct lol!!
I was joking, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Raptor's rolling off the line while 2020 reservation holders are still waiting for theirs to be built. Hell, I anticipate seeing Raptor's on the road before my Grangtober 2020 res even gets a build date.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was joking, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Raptor's rolling off the line while 2020 reservation holders are still waiting for theirs to be built. Hell, I anticipate seeing Raptor's on the road before my Grangtober 2020 res even gets a build date.
The 2022 Raptor will not exist if they wait for all Bronco reservations to be fulfilled.

The commodity and allocation distortions are just going to get uglier from here. The next phase is when constrained parts start showing up in dealer stock Broncos while reservationists at unlucky dealers still wait.

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right in time for my build week. Yay...
Your better of on waiting till they have the chips then its built rather then they built it and it sits in ice mountain for four months like mine is so sad.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If M.A.P will be down through the 7th cant they bring in employees instead of laying of and have them go through ice mountain clearing off snow and checking in on the cars.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Possible. It makes sense to me. For the last month theyve been building broncos and people have been getting good EDD. Then out of the blue all of these dates change to 3 months out. To me that affirms they had chips and we’re rolling and discovered they were bad which created a domino effect pushing hear built trucks out three months and shutting down the factory to figure it out before building more.
Ford is not going to issue a press release - the info was that the IPC modules (instrument control panel module - I had to ask) were received and were faulty.

Sponsored
OP
OP
REIMANOV

REIMANOV

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BaseSquatch, 2009 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also have a Ford Maverick on order (which is assembled in Mexico). They just put 40k units on hold due to a microchip shortage as well.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If M.A.P will be down through the 7th cant they bring in employees instead of laying of and have them go through ice mountain clearing off snow and checking in on the cars.
Is that what you want for your vehicle...someone who is pissed off that they are out in the cold pushing snow off a vehcile with a broom, scratching the hell out of your paint?

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that what you want for your vehicle...someone who is pissed off that they are out in the cold pushing snow off a vehcile with a broom, scratching the hell out of your paint?
Pretty sure that’s not allowed in their contract

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep building tops please! Particularly two door....
Luckily those tops don't have microchips in them. Hopefully Webasto cant get a bit ahead of the curve. Wishful thinking probably, but why not.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is not going to issue a press release - the info was that the IPC modules (instrument control panel module - I had to ask) were received and were faulty.
This is what people forget. It's not a chip they just take out and replace, its whatever component it is in. So now the company making dash panels has to not just make the thousands each month, but has to make an extra 3 or 5 thousand...in a timely manner....with constraints they are dealing with. Not an easy fix. Bad news
Sponsored