Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Solution....outsource more parts and chips to China...after all they aren't a communist country or any thing. They have our best interests at heart. Get ready for the Great Reset folks...it's on it's way if we hold the current course.
Sponsored

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also have a Ford Maverick on order (which is assembled in Mexico). They just put 40k units on hold due to a microchip shortage as well.
Did they shutdown that plant in Mexico?

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm afraid to see what my production date is now?????

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what people forget. It's not a chip they just take out and replace, its whatever component it is in. So now the company making dash panels has to not just make the thousands each month, but has to make an extra 3 or 5 thousand...in a timely manner....with constraints they are dealing with. Not an easy fix. Bad news
Agreed - I wonder if they were fully assembled and/if the module is easily replaceable with tearing the dash apart / I do not know.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They're in Michigan. I would have to think they are used to running the plant in bad winter weather.
They can’t park the broncos in the yard that are waiting on chips unless they install snowplows and there is a constraint on snowplows 😂

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed - I wonder if they were fully assembled and/if the module is easily replaceable with tearing the dash apart / I do not know.
I agree chips are needed wherever the module is being assembled. The modules are delivered to the final assembly plant from a third party whether Ford our outsourced by Ford. The modules would then be installed in the waiting bronco. I doubt anyone in MAP is soldering chips in a circuit board. Every module in the bronco most likely has chips. It could be abs modules, safety constraints modules, camera modules, bcm, pcm, airbag modules, the list goes on, or it could be a combination of modules that don’t have chips. There is average of 1400 chips in a modern day vehicle.

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well at least Ford realizes they are in a hole and is going to stop digging . I have no faith in my now May delivery.
PFFFT I just backed up to 09 May estimated delivery from 02/08 and I have no faith, lol
It is what it is

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

be glad you're at least somewhere...with each passing week I feel more and more many of us folks that reserved the first few hours won't see a 2022 Bronco at all...absolutely hilarious and sad at the same time.
I felt the same way up until mine went into production on 01/14, and I thought the delay would send me over the edge. I HAD a 02/
Luckily those tops don't have microchips in them. Hopefully Webasto cant get a bit ahead of the curve. Wishful thinking probably, but why not.
You’re being too optimistic for this thread, lol

Sponsored

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm afraid to see what my production date is now?????
My “Estimated Delivery” date went from 02/08 to 05/09 and my fear is when they ramp up production again those of us on Ice Mountain will be forgotten about

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let the Drone flights begin! We need some RECON. Ford is lying again...

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes the Tacoma is not what it is all hyped but nope and here is my own video talking about what you said and if not interested I understand but rarely do you here others tell the real story.
Please, for the love of baby Jesus, try for a period at least once in a paragraph besides the end. I just cannot take you seriously as a human with such disregard for the education we provided for you. Otherwise we block.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you guys seem to forget they piled up F150s by the 1000s last year that were missing a chip so whether they were bad or not in the Bronco seems mute.
What?
Sponsored