guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-production-at-key-north-american-plants.html

Finally some good news.

FORD AIMS TO RESTART PRODUCTION AT KEY NORTH AMERICAN PLANTS
MAR 26, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.

The following statement may be attributed to Kumar Galhotra, Ford’s president of North America:

Ford is aiming to restart production at select plants in North America as early as April 6, bringing key plants back online while the company introduces additional safety measures to protect returning workers.

Ford is planning to resume production at Hermosillo Assembly Plant on April 6 on one shift. On April 14, Ford is planning to start building vehicles at Dearborn Truck Plant, Kentucky Truck Plant, Kansas City Assembly Plant’s Transit line and Ohio Assembly Plant.

To support these assembly plants, Ford also is aiming to resume production April 14 at:

• Dearborn Stamping Plant
  • Dearborn Diversified Manufacturing Plant
  • Integrated stamping plants within Kansas City and Kentucky Truck plants
  • Sharonville Transmission Plant
  • Portions of Van Dyke Transmission, Lima Engine and Rawsonville Components plants
We will continue to assess public health conditions as well as supplier readiness and will adjust plans if necessary.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nick - I sort of agree with you - but it is also good news they are starting to even think about this and look forward to restarting.
Jeep on the other hand - with all the stock they have on the lots - is not under so much pressure to restart, which is a bad thing. Why would they restart when there is so much sitting not the lots.
So hopefully Ford has the need to build more, and the need to restart in a safe manner.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nick - I sort of agree with you - but it is also good news they are starting to even think about this and look forward to restarting.
Jeep on the other hand - with all the stock they have on the lots - is not under so much pressure to restart, which is a bad thing. Why would they restart when there is so much sitting not the lots.
So hopefully Ford has the need to build more, and the need to restart in a safe manner.
I think it’s likely that they are continuing with future product development, especially since we’ve seen the Baby Bronco our and about. But the plants up and running, cranking out explorers and edge’s? Not happening for at least a few months

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
They're going to regret making this announcement when they later have to retract it. The stock value will take two beatings for this.

I don't expect us to even reach peak active cases until May.
I work for a national used car dealership.... I talked to one of our higher ups in the analytics department. He has his own model and expects us to have over a million cases within 2 weeks, and called this “society changing” and that we haven’t hit the tip of the iceberg yet.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work for a national used car dealership.... I talked to one of our higher ups in the analytics department. He has his own model and expects us to have over a million cases within 2 weeks, and called this “society changing” and that we haven’t hit the tip of the iceberg yet.
It will be faster than some other countries because we have greater and less organized States rights, but given the relatively low exponential rate and high level of asymptomatic cases I don't expect it to be that fast.

Unless he meant worldwide. When this hits the low development nations it's going to get real ugly fast. Those are the places we'll get to see a very poorly flattened curve -- but they will also be in recovery faster. I have to wonder if some of Trump's military education and the idea of acceptable losses don't play into the "better by Easter" charade.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah stock price though is based on human perceptions at any given moment, along with forces outside the company such as government interference, and then some actual company performance. It's interesting to see how it plays out in the stock market. The historic unemployment figures today so far haven't caused a crash. Not sure what increased virus cases will do compared to stimulus and how people react, and how that will impact Ford.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't have something to "Hope For"......... then you're "Hopeless".

I'd rather have a date that we are "Hoping To Hit" vs. "No Date At All".

Also.... This is just a "Target" Date. Things change and so do "Targets".

To those of you that are saying "No Way", well, I "Hope" that you're wrong. I "Hope" that you just don't know All of the facts. I "hope" that you're Not An Expert in any of the Medical or Economic fields that know more about what's going on that I (just some guy on the internet).

Can't we just give it all a chance to workout that Easter could be the turning point for all of this?

.... come on..... quit being Debbie Downers.....

FoMoCo... we need another leak! The Debbies in the group are stirring up a lot of hopelessness....

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

To those of you that are saying "No Way", well, I "Hope" that you're wrong. I "Hope" that you just don't know All of the facts. I "hope" that you're Not An Expert in any of the Medical or Economic fields that know more about what's going on that I (just some guy on the internet).

Can't we just give it all a chance to workout that Easter could be the turning point for all of this?

FoMoCo... we need another leak! The Debbies in the group are stirring up a lot of hopelessness....
Personally I'd rather have dates and policy based on science than some religious holiday. Having a reality TV entertainer and collection of fawning pastors around him pushing this resurrection Sunday thing is not what I consider hopeful. But yes Ford, it would be nice to have another leak.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

I’d rather have a realistic date than a date that keeps getting pushed back. For example, the reveal. Having it be scheduled for April and having it be pushed back indefinitely sucks. I’d have rather not had any sort of promise than have one that gets broken.

And I’m by no means a Debbie downer. I’m honestly one of the most positive people on this forum, but I’m also a realist and reality is fucked up right now. Trying to cover that up with butterflys and rainbows doesn’t help. It just makes Ford look stupid when their “Best laid plan... oft go astray.”

Underpromise, overdeliver.