indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went back to work today. Electrician on a residential high rise. While this may be overly optimistic, it’s not completely implausible.
I work in IT and mostly from home - so basically nothing changed and I never got to leave work. :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
guernsej

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Nickp @Stampede.Offroad, I'm anticipating two things will make this timeline realistic.

1) Public understanding of and adherence to distancing and hygiene controls.

2) Widespread antibody testing.

As antibody testing ramps up across the country we'll have a much better understanding of who's had it and, more importantly, who might be safe to start working again. So long as strong distancing and hygiene controls are enforced as businesses crawl back into operation, it's possible we can begin soon to unwind ourselves from near total economic shutdown without sacrificing the progress of current "stay at home" policies. The virus isn't going away any time soon so it's critical we transition to a more sustainable posture when able to safely do so.

Having everyone suddenly go back to business as usual would be counterproductive but resuming low output production at key plants using minimal and dispersed employees seems ok to me.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Nickp @Stampede.Offroad, I'm anticipating two things will make this timeline realistic.

1) Public understanding of and adherence to distancing and hygiene controls.

2) Widespread antibody testing.

As antibody testing ramps up across the country we'll have a much better understanding of who's had it and, more importantly, who might be safe to start working again. So long as strong distancing and hygiene controls are enforced as businesses crawl back into operation, it's possible we can begin soon to unwind ourselves from near total economic shutdown without sacrificing the progress of current "stay at home" policies. The virus isn't going away any time soon so it's critical we transition to a more sustainable posture when able to safely do so.

Having everyone suddenly go back to business as usual would be counterproductive but resuming low output production at key plants using minimal and dispersed employees seems ok to me.
This. We had cough/fever rip through our house in late Feb, put all four of us in bed.

I am hoping that this is what it was. ..Mild cases. Because my son is VERY at-risk, I'm at-risk just due to my age LOL ...Knowing that I could go back to the office would lighten the mental toll on me for a multitude of reasons, and help my coworkers as well.

Widespread antibody testing is what will get the country back to work.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This. We had cough/fever rip through our house in late Feb, put all four of us in bed.

I am hoping that this is what it was. ..Mild cases. Because my son is VERY at-risk, I'm at-risk just due to my age LOL ...Knowing that I could go back to the office would lighten the mental toll on me for a multitude of reasons, and help my coworkers as well.

Widespread antibody testing is what will get the country back to work.
My dad postulated something similar when I was talking to him last night. We all got sick around late January. I was blaming juniper allergies and gutting it out. He went to the doctor and got diagnosed with bronchitis (not uncommon for him) and got whatever meds are normal for the doc to give him for that. Mom was down with it, too.

My dad said it was possible this virus got out and spread way sooner than any of us knew and that a lot of people may have already had it and gotten it misdiagnosed as flu, seasonal allergies, or some other respiratory issue.

One thing's for sure: Until there's a widespread antibody test, we won't actually have any idea how many people may have had this thing and gotten over it with minimal symptoms.

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I work for a national used car dealership.... I talked to one of our higher ups in the analytics department. He has his own model and expects us to have over a million cases within 2 weeks, and called this “society changing” and that we haven’t hit the tip of the iceberg yet.
Someone who works for a used car dealership has has his own Coronavirus prediction model? I need to meet this guy, he sounds awesome.

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My company is going to start having a very limited number of people return to the office on Monday while the majority of us continue to WFH. In the meantime, I'm getting dominated by the yellow death of the south that is coating everything.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone who works for a used car dealership has has his own Coronavirus prediction model? I need to meet this guy, he sounds awesome.
Any company our size is going to have an analytics team that tries to predict future growth/trends. But yes he is a cool dude:ROFLMAO:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone has a 'hope'...and all who've read 2-3 articles have an 'opinion'. But there's zero hard info. Hell, China is finding 10% of 'recovered' patients still test pos; and are now trying to determine if they're still vectors.

Stock market? Hell, you might as well gamble on the winner of a frog-jumping contest.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I work in IT and mostly from home - so basically nothing changed and I never got to leave work. :(

I'm with 'ya indio22 …….. I work in auto parts in PA and when they were talking about shutting down it was made very clear, it is just car dealers, not service or parts. Although many auto parts stores in our area have locked the doors and do business over the phone and bring parts to the door and only offer limited delivery to garages that are open. We on the other hand are worried more about money than employee safety, but that is another story. My wife works from home in the medical field so work has not stopped for either of us. FWIW.

Personally I am not one to "freak out" on all this because I was taught at an early age about hygiene and washing your hands, you know the things that parents should teach their kids. Father was a Navy man and Mom was a church goer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to check my calendar, but last fall I caught a NASTY COUGH & ear nose throat "virus" also, lasted a LONG time....six weeks?? maybe. Got to the point I just quit talking because even just a word or two would cause a MASSIVE coughing fit. One ear plugged up with fluid BEHIND the ear drum,,,took weeks to to drain.

Then , just a few weeks ago, right as C-19 was starting here, BOOM... fever, nose running like a spigot, slight cough.

I'm really curious about anti-body testing also. Seems like at some point we will need it in order to get the work force back....some job sites may be Covid 19 positive only sights? I can see it happening, until a vaccine is available.
For the young-uns, we'll treat it like the chicken pox, make them room together until they all catch it, lol!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My company is going to start having a very limited number of people return to the office on Monday while the majority of us continue to WFH. In the meantime, I'm getting dominated by the yellow death of the south that is coating everything.
Yep, same here. Pollen season has everyone stuffy and sneezing.
Sponsored