Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
has anyone told the virus about this timeline
UAW isn't too happy with this. I'm thinking it will be pushed out closer to May. The big question is when they do go back, will job #1 for 21's stay on schedule or will they keep building 20's longer?

Reactions: Jdc

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Given that Michigan is an up and coming COVID hotspot, I am thinking it may be longer than April 15th.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Army core of engineers is converting Chicago's McCormick Place into a 3000 bed hospital... with a finish date nearing the end of April. While I try to stay optimistic... any parts of NORMAL business will likely be well into May perhaps June timeframe.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only good thing about the virus is there is a lot less traffic during my commute.Was hoping to see the Bronco soon. They opened fishing season early this year and really could use it.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Army core of engineers is converting Chicago's McCormick Place into a 3000 bed hospital... with a finish date nearing the end of April. While I try to stay optimistic... any parts of NORMAL business will likely be well into May perhaps June timeframe.
Ford was probably going to show it there. Now that they can't, I wouldn't be surprised if they either show it online or at a Ford only event. Too much competition to keep it bottled up much longer.

kjv915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 f-150
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-production-at-key-north-american-plants.html

Finally some good news.

FORD AIMS TO RESTART PRODUCTION AT KEY NORTH AMERICAN PLANTS
MAR 26, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.

The following statement may be attributed to Kumar Galhotra, Fordā€™s president of North America:

Ford is aiming to restart production at select plants in North America as early as April 6, bringing key plants back online while the company introduces additional safety measures to protect returning workers.

Ford is planning to resume production at Hermosillo Assembly Plant on April 6 on one shift. On April 14, Ford is planning to start building vehicles at Dearborn Truck Plant, Kentucky Truck Plant, Kansas City Assembly Plantā€™s Transit line and Ohio Assembly Plant.

To support these assembly plants, Ford also is aiming to resume production April 14 at:

• Dearborn Stamping Plant
  • Dearborn Diversified Manufacturing Plant
  • Integrated stamping plants within Kansas City and Kentucky Truck plants
  • Sharonville Transmission Plant
  • Portions of Van Dyke Transmission, Lima Engine and Rawsonville Components plants
We will continue to assess public health conditions as well as supplier readiness and will adjust plans if necessary.
where will the bronco be built/assembled?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I highly doubt this timeline. Schools are basically done for the year and Detroit is still one of the biggest hot spots in the usa right now. Hence the COBO army take over (itā€™s still cobo to me)

Iā€™m with nick. Id rather have a realistic time line rather than a date that gets kicked down the line.

and I definitely think job one is kicked down the road regardless. The last 6-9 months are pre production testing. How easy is the car assembled. Canā€™t iron that out with a plant down

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
and I definitely think job one is kicked down the road regardless. The last 6-9 months are pre production testing. How easy is the car assembled. Canā€™t iron that out with a plant down
I saw over on Blue Oval that Ford has built 44 pre production models of the Sport. Haven't seen anything on the full size.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw over on Blue Oval that Ford has built 44 pre production models of the Sport. Haven't seen anything on the full size.
that would be about right. Being the job 1 date was what August/September for the sport

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that would be about right. Being the job 1 date was what August/September for the sport
October is what I kept seeing.

With pre-production units starting, previously, in June for Bronco that seems likely to be pushed back a month or two. Some of those people will still be working while general plant operations are down, but I wouldn't expect it to be enough to keep the schedule.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll have to check my calendar, but last fall I caught a NASTY COUGH & ear nose throat "virus" also, lasted a LONG time....six weeks?? maybe. Got to the point I just quit talking because even just a word or two would cause a MASSIVE coughing fit. One ear plugged up with fluid BEHIND the ear drum,,,took weeks to to drain.
I caught something like that back in January or February. But fluid behind the ear is not a symptom of Corona right?
Sponsored