First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just feel so defeated right now guys. I haven’t been really active on here and it makes me sad but I honestly just can’t think about the Bronco right now. I’m doing fine, haven’t lost my job etc. but it just hurts my heart both for us, and the team building/designing the Bronco to have this clusterfuck going on. I’m sure they can’t wait to show us to do this thing justice vs. the crappy leaked pictures. But the Bronco needs an event to do it justice, and I don’t see that happening any time soon. Knowing this I just get sad every time I think about the Bronco now.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco needs an event to do it justice, and I don’t see that happening any time soon. Knowing this I just get sad every time I think about the Bronco now.
I feel'ya Mr Nick. But more than an event, Bronco needs a healthy Ford, an active buying market, and a robust supply chain, not just for factory parts & pieces, but for all the planned aftermarket goodies.

It might take longer than we think for those parts to fall into place.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel'ya Mr Nick. But more than an event, Bronco needs a healthy Ford, an active buying market, and a robust supply chain, not just for factory parts & pieces, but for all the planned aftermarket goodies.

It might take longer than we think for those parts to fall into place.
I've been watching the Ford stock, and reading prognostications. Ford dropped the dividend, which is good/bad depending on who you ask. Hard to get a handle, some claim bankruptcy is a likely conclusion, due the virus downturn and other factors that were already hurting the company. Others see Ford turning things around after the virus situation and leveraging their new products such as Bronco line. When reading two articles predicting the opposite - hard to tell the future. Hope things work out and Bronco is a hit.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hard to tell the future.
After 9/11 we had the 'new normal'...a generation later that's become 'normal'. While life post-covid is certain, impossible to forsee all the changes. For certain, lottsa stuff we import today will become insourced & some pricing will increase...I don't just mean in auto manufacture - but everyday life. Also certain the >10% of our economy previously consumed by healthcare will increase. Change Always creates winners & losers...it'll just take awhile for the dust to settle.

So while 'ford' and also 'bronco' will for sure exist, nobody has a crystal bell to see all the twists & turns ahead.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been watching the Ford stock, and reading prognostications. Ford dropped the dividend, which is good/bad depending on who you ask. Hard to get a handle, some claim bankruptcy is a likely conclusion, due the virus downturn and other factors that were already hurting the company. Others see Ford turning things around after the virus situation and leveraging their new products such as Bronco line. When reading two articles predicting the opposite - hard to tell the future. Hope things work out and Bronco is a hit.
i imagine there may be a stimulus for all the auto markers when this is done.
all the stocks shares before and after CV most are down close to 50%
Ford From 10.00 to 5.00
Tesla 900 to 500
GM 35 to 22
FC 15 to 7
VWG 180 to 120
Toyota 140 to 120

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i imagine there may be a stimulus for all the auto markers
Cruise lines are learning the hard way that US Government only bails out US-based companies

There'll be more stimulus coming....but between legislative action & Federal Reserve balance sheet...you're prolly looking at $9-$10 trillion. Surely some/all of that has got to be recovered through government revenue at some point.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just feel so defeated right now guys. I haven’t been really active on here and it makes me sad but I honestly just can’t think about the Bronco right now. I’m doing fine, haven’t lost my job etc. but it just hurts my heart both for us, and the team building/designing the Bronco to have this clusterfuck going on. I’m sure they can’t wait to show us to do this thing justice vs. the crappy leaked pictures. But the Bronco needs an event to do it justice, and I don’t see that happening any time soon. Knowing this I just get sad every time I think about the Bronco now.
It probably wouldn't be on dealer lots until around Feb of 21 as it was. Nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes., so it's possible we could still get it early next year. I'd like nothing more than to see all of the details so I can decide if it's what I'm looking for or not. At least, this will give me a little more time to pay down my current ride and save some more for a down payment.
Sponsored