First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It probably wouldn't be on dealer lots until around Feb of 21 as it was. Nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes., so it's possible we could still get it early next year. I'd like nothing more than to see all of the details so I can decide if it's what I'm looking for or not. At least, this will give me a little more time to pay down my current ride and save some more for a down payment.
I am ok with it for now. I was never going to buy new. My plan is November 2023 to buy a 2 year old leased vehicle. Should be able to get a mid level for ~$25k with a warranty!

but just sucks that the reveal has been pushed. I want to see it. Hear it. Compare it.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just talking to someone on facebook who works at the plant where Bronco will be produced and he says they are closed for 6 more weeks. Keep in mind, this is a person I don't know, but it sounds correct to me. A lot of people are not able to work right now due to social distancing.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cruise lines are learning the hard way that US Government only bails out US-based companies
Well, if you structure your company to avoid paying taxes in to governments of countries that actually can support you (and paying employees of those countries), then you don’t deserve the benefit of that government when you need it in an emergency. Fair is fair.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was just talking to someone on facebook who works at the plant where Bronco will be produced and he says they are closed for 6 more weeks. Keep in mind, this is a person I don't know, but it sounds correct to me. A lot of people are not able to work right now due to social distancing.
Considering that plant is in the epicenter for Michigan, makes (unfortunate all the way around) sense.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's crazy how COVID-19 has affected some manufactures greatly and others not. I work in machinery manufacturing (hint: big yellow machinery) and we haven't slowed down one bit. The auto industry has been hit hard.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's crazy how COVID-19 has affected some manufactures greatly and others not. I work in machinery manufacturing (hint: big yellow machinery) and we haven't slowed down one bit. The auto industry has been hit hard.
I'm guessing that big yellow machinery is farm and/or construction equipment, so it makes sense to me that y'all would still be working.

Farmers still gotta farm, and construction workers still gotta construct. Those are essential businesses (unless you don't want food and you don't want roads on which to transport that food).

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
your also in San antonio where few cases have been reported so far. Most of the auto industry is in Michigan where they are getting hit HARD

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well. It may start that soon. The virus jumped species again (tiger at Bronx zoo tested positive) which tells me it's probably here to stay for awhile. New treatments seem to be effective. So either we try and wait it out, which would be pointless if animals are able to spread it, or we get back to work and focus on treatments/vaccine.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whelp Bronco Sport production delayed to September 7th. Original Date was July 13th. What does that mean for the Bronco? Delayed from December to March? April? How far will this go?

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whelp Bronco Sport production delayed to September 7th. Original Date was July 13th. What does that mean for the Bronco? Delayed from December to March? April? How far will this go?
At this point it’s probably too early to tell. Though, if I had to guess, if the current delay for the Sport holds, the actual Bronco probably wouldn’t get as much of a delay, if any at all.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point it’s probably too early to tell. Though, if I had to guess, if the current delay for the Sport holds, the actual Bronco probably wouldn’t get as much of a delay, if any at all.
I don’t see how. It’s not that the FSB is ready for production and they are just waiting. They have to get all the production bugs out of the way before job 1. And they can’t do that if the assembly plant is closed.

I’m worried that we won’t have a good dealership inventory until June 21 at this rate.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m worried that we won’t have a good dealership inventory until June 21 at this rate.
Might they just label everything a '22??
Sponsored