Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Feel how you want but you are not a doctor, scientist, or otherwise qualified expert on infectious diseases. Those that are, are sufficiently concerned to push for the steps currently being taken.

Of course idiots will and react like idiots and panic making make things worse. Unfortunately, people need to be convinced that ceasing social interaction and staying home is necessary or they won't do it. Claiming "fake news" and questioning the seriousness of the situation just because the virus doesn't present a significant risk to younger demographics is unhelpful.
I'm an ER nurse and am with doctors for sometimes 60hrs a weeks. Do you wanna know how many are concerned about the actual virus? 0. We have completed training and met requirements about COVID19. Also we get briefed and updated from the CDC EVERY DAY. So I guess that makes me educated on this. We send people home with covid19 unless they are having respiratory distress. These are facts, not feelings. Anyways, they have found that a Malaria drug has a 100% cure rate. This will go into testing and be approved soon, hopefully... If nothing else comes out of this I hope people keep washing their hands. Lol
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm an ER nurse and am with doctors for sometimes 60hrs a weeks. Do you wanna know how many are concerned about the actual virus? 0. We have completed training and met requirements about COVID19. Also we get briefed and updated from the CDC EVERY DAY. So I guess that makes me educated on this. We send people home with covid19 unless they are having respiratory distress. These are facts, not feelings. Anyways, they have found that a Malaria drug has a 100% cure rate. This will go into testing and be approved soon, hopefully... If nothing else comes out of this I hope people keep washing their hands. Lol
Been washing my hands before it was mainstream, though I am not a Hipster xD

Whole things exaggerated and overblown, shame we can't get political as there's much more to discuss about it, but if it means dealing with a lockdowned spring, so be it
Ford Bronco Ford Temporarily Halts North American Production img(3).png(3)
Ford Bronco Ford Temporarily Halts North American Production tumblr_900c0f2cb666c0889c0577d76e9d27fc_026791d5_500
Ford Bronco Ford Temporarily Halts North American Production upload_2020-3-18_14-54-59
Ford Bronco Ford Temporarily Halts North American Production memes-to-cure-your-coronavirus-woes-xx-photos-33-8

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Been washing my hands before it was mainstream, though I am not a Hipster xD

Whole things exaggerated and overblown, shame we can't get political as there's much more to discuss about it, but if it means dealing with a lockdowned spring, so be it
You and me both, I wash my hands religiously. It's disgusting when you find out just how many people will wipe their ass and not wash their hands... I will wash my hands after shaking someone's hand... I'm definitely not trying to get political. I am just totally pissed that I didn't get to see the Bronco reveal! ;) :p

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You and me both, I wash my hands religiously. It's disgusting when you find out just how many people will wipe their ass and not wash their hands... I will wash my hands after shaking someone's hand... I'm definitely not trying to get political. I am just totally pissed that I didn't get to see the Bronco reveal! ;) :p
Same, at this rate, just give us more leaks

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friend, an MD/PHD at the San Diego VA Medical Center, and his colleagues felt the same way until they started seeing an uptick in cases last week. Now he's been reassigned to help with COVID response and they're extremely concerned they aren't fully prepared to handle what's happening.

My dad is a pediatric pulmonologist in Philadelphia. He was also unconcerned given the generally mild symptoms presented in most cases and low cold fatality rate. This week he's starting to see an impact from the surge in New York trickling to Philadelphia. He's now extremely concerned.

My mother in law is an ER nurse in LA. Also wasn't concerned until they saw a surge this weekend. Staff are starting to get sick but testing is still limited.

I'm in the military in San Diego. We had a few positives last week. PUI this week have exploded - major ADCON and OPCON staffs now have dedicated watch floors to track COVID reporting. Commands are having to conduct their own contact tracing. We're still not testing most cases, including ILI without fever at all, so actual numbers are much higher.

I'm glad your hospital in I'm assuming Arkansas is not significantly affected. I'm also glad you're properly triaging patients and sending non-critical cases home to keep hospital resources available to those who need it. Hopefully you're also testing them before sending them home so they can be properly tracked and quarantined, but I doubt it because the resources aren't there yet.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Triage, those under 65 get priority. Death panels really are a thing.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people aren't concerned about the disease itself, nor would they be if you're young and healthy. It's obviously not Ebola. The vast majority of those who get it will be mild or asymptomatic, and will look back on it as no worse than a cold.

That doesn't change the fact that 1-4% of reported cases are dying, 7% or more when healthcare resources are overwhelmed, and it is currently overwhelming healthcare resources in many places.

The number of people claiming "Fake News" and "but our economy" on this board indicates a decent portion of our population does not understand how bad this could get, and may not be taking mitigation measures seriously. I hope that changes.

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you gonna go all John Wick on the entire world? If you do, you will kill the majority of doctors and nurses who see this in a very different fashion than it is portrayed in the media. Media is all about hype, worst case scenarios, getting viewers attention. The majority of this is FAKE news. The virus? Oh that's real, and PRECAUTIONS should be taken seriously. People acting like the zombie apocalypse is coming just adds to the media fire, the reportable news, the juicy stuff. People act like the virus just rips you from limb to limb, that's not the case. Wanna know how many people we are actually testing? Almost none, only those with serious complications. Think the mortality rate is a bit skewed? Yep! All these "corona screening" tents that are set up, they DO NOT test you. Those are only there because there is SO MANY people rushing to the ER at the sign of a cough or fever. The reality is we are actually asking people to NOT come in, because it is NOT a high mortality rate. I'll take my tin hat off but relax, more people will die from suicide after the economy tanks than from the virus itself. -BOR
Then I have a question for you. Say you were showing symptoms, or like some of the idiots out there tested positive, would you intentionally expose your wife and child, or hell, just immediate family to it? Now imagine some of those are high risk. Would you intentionally expose them?

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people aren't concerned about the disease itself, nor would they be if you're young and healthy. It's obviously not Ebola. The vast majority of those who get it will be mild or asymptomatic, and will look back on it as no worse than a cold.

That doesn't change the fact that 1-4% of reported cases are dying, 7% or more when healthcare resources are overwhelmed, and it is currently overwhelming healthcare resources in many places.

The number of people claiming "Fake News" and "but our economy" on this board indicates a decent portion of our population does not understand how bad this could get, and may not be taking mitigation measures seriously. I hope that changes.
Sorry, but again, the economic fallout from this is SIGNIFICANTLY worse. There are currently less than 200 cases in GA, and last I checked, about 6 deaths. Less than 200 cases in a state with millions of people and the busiest airport in the world, yet the state is completely shut down. Do I feel for the families that have lost loved ones? Of course. But I can't take you seriously at all. The amount of people that are losing their small businesses (My uncle for example), unemployed, not able to make rent, and not to mention large corporations that are taking a hit like I work for (and therefore will have to start laying people off if this doesn't improve) so vastly outweighs the people that are infected, that it isn't comparable. Does it have a higher mortality rate than the flu? Sure. But I guarantee the flu is going to kill exponentially more people and no one's ability to provide for themselves/their families are going to be affected by that.

So yes, I am much more concerned about the economic ramifications, and your brother's sister's cousin's best friend's acquaintances with degrees aren't going to convince me otherwise.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then I have a question for you. Say you were showing symptoms, or like some of the idiots out there tested positive, would you intentionally expose your wife and child, or hell, just immediate family to it? Now imagine some of those are high risk. Would you intentionally expose them?
Come on man. No one is intentionally running around looking to expose people, nor would BuckedOff-Road seek out your grandma or kids to cough on if he got the virus.

Put the tin hat away.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on man. No one is intentionally running around looking to expose people, nor would BuckedOff-Road seek out your grandma or kids to cough on if he got the virus.

Put the tin hat away.
Right, might as well ask if people run around trying to give their families the flu. Too many people are programmed to overreact.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs