guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What in the actual fuck is your thought process here? China could torture babies, nuke Hong Kong, raise Cthulhu, it doesn't matter how bad they are because it doesn't change the fact that they have unequivocally demonstrated that stopping the movement and social interactions of a populace stops transmission.

For fucks sake, replace China with South Korea if it makes you feel better - the fact still stands that the only demonstrated means of effectively stopping transmission to date are targeted quarantine with widespread testing (not possible yet in US) or lock-down.

Xenophobia rarely walks hand in hand with effective public health policy.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Studied infectious diseases in college, BS in Biology, MS in Systems Analysis, wife runs a research lab, and I'm telling you this because I'm far from an expert and I would appreciate it if the folks on here would just turn off Fox News and listen to the people that are.
Good for you, I came here for Bronco information.

Can everyone please stop responding to these posts which only serves to keep the circular arguments going.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Those were actually the people I was talking about. People exhibiting symptoms and some even testing positive that don't care. There was an interview yesterday with a nurse, of all people, that was exposed to it, started exhibiting symptoms, but was unable to get tested, because of a lack of testing kits. Instead of doing things like self quarantine, which has been suggested from the beginning, she lived her life like nothing was wrong. Continued to work in her hospital around sick patients until she went on vacation to Hawaii. She tested positive when testing was finally available.

As for the media, screw them. However there is a difference between the media and news. When someone from the CDC says "Hey folks, this is serious" I'm going to believe them over some randoms on the internet.
That nurse has broken all the rules doing that. Our hospital actually screens us every time we walk in. Before we can clock in we have our temperature check and have a questionnaire. Any sickness and they send you home before you get past the front door. Trust the CDC all you want, but they are also the ones saying that you must wear an N95 respirator an additional surgical mask with a face shield, a gown, head cover, and two layers of gloves. They are also now telling us to only wear a surgical mask or p wear a BANDANA OR A SCARF over our face. They are saying that unless the patient is confirmed COVID19 (Tests take up to 4 days), that you don't have to treat them like they have it. THIS MAKES NO SENSE! We are trained to treat all patients like they have the worst case condition and wear the appropriate PPE. Now they are saying the people are "healthy until proven otherwise". So if you want someone to blame for the transmission of this disease, it's the CDC. I now don't get the appropriate PPE to protect myself, my family, or my other patients from the spread.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OMG what are your facts? What facts do you want to see from me?
Reading is hard I guess, as you clearly didn't click anything I posted. Ignorance is bliss, and it's certainly easier than using your brain and learning something. I'm done arguing with you.

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading is hard I guess, as you clearly didn't click anything I posted. Ignorance is bliss, and it's certainly easier than using your brain and learning something. I'm done arguing with you.
I read them, I agree with them. What do you think you've demonstrated?

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is literally no one in the field of science that thinks we should lift our emergency measures because this is totally overblown since GA only has 287 cases and China managed to stop theirs around 80k. If you can't understand why, that's on you.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All very true information. I don't hate on the less fortunate, but they are generally poor with hygiene. They are also the population that comes in for extremely unnecessary reasons (which furthers the spread). You are 100% right about controlling those in and out. Cheers to a short virus lifespan and a booming economy after it is gone!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I know you're just spouting BS. China has had 81k active cases and they have over a billion people. Are you seriously suggesting that a third of our country, conservatively, is going to contract this virus, especially considering how much more prepared we are compared to China where it started? Might want to stop listening to these "experts".

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
OK, I haven't finished the entire thread, but I have to interject here.

a) china has alot fucking more than 81,000 cases. but just like N.Korea, and Russia, they are lying their asses off to look good.

b) we are less prepared than Chine. We have this thing called civil and human rights, which makes it a bit harder to force the mandatory shoot on site kind of quarantine that China imposed.

c) we are less prepared because we shipped all of our fucking manufacturing to China...they can make shit they need to test, slow, and recover. We have to order it.

d) looking at the R0, in two months, expect 80% of the population to have gotten it, with about a 1% fatality rate overall (at this point I assume that I have it as my boss does and we are in close contact at work, she came down with it yesterday, was in the office every day of the last two weeks). But I won't show symptons, neither will wife or kid, but if I infect my folks, they will, and likely as not won't make it....well, its about a 50/50 there. same with my sisters due to extreme obesity in them and associated health issues already, two of them are on breathing machines at night and can hardly walk stairs..

e) provided we can go full fucking quarantine tomorrow, expect the complete infection numbers to be about 250k, which is 2.5k dead, minimum, up to 25k max. Italy has been under quarantine for 3 weeks and still hasn't seen their peek. We are not a police state like S.Korea either with nearly 100% surveillance all the time, and we are not like any of the asian countries with their extreme compliance with government orders

This isn't a we're all fucked situation, but it is a 'a lot of us are fucked' situation. get your head out of your ass man.

Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a) china has alot fucking more than 81,000 cases. but just like N.Korea, and Russia, they are lying their asses off to look good.

b) we are less prepared than Chine. We have this thing called civil and human rights, which makes it a bit harder to force the mandatory shoot on site kind of quarantine that China imposed.

c) we are less prepared because we shipped all of our fucking manufacturing to China...they can make shit they need to test, slow, and recover. We have to order it.

d) looking at the R0, in two months, expect 80% of the population to have gotten it, with about a 1% fatality rate overall (at this point I assume that I have it as my boss does and we are in close contact at work, she came down with it yesterday, was in the office every day of the last two weeks). But I won't show symptons, neither will wife or kid, but if I infect my folks, they will, and likely as not won't make it....well, its about a 50/50 there. same with my sisters due to extreme obesity in them and associated health issues already, two of them are on breathing machines at night and can hardly walk stairs..

e) provided we can go full fucking quarantine tomorrow, expect the complete infection numbers to be about 250k, which is 2.5k dead, minimum, up to 25k max. Italy has been under quarantine for 3 weeks and still hasn't seen their peek. We are not a police state like S.Korea either with nearly 100% surveillance all the time, and we are not like any of the asian countries with their extreme compliance with government orders

This isn't a we're all fucked situation, but it is a 'a lot of us are fucked' situation. get your head out of your ass man.
First thing that came to mind reading your post. Just put covid 19 in place of John wick.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Your post is filled with conjecture. Why don’t you do some actual research? So many parrots on here just repeating what they’re told instead of finding out for themselves.

We’ve got one guy that insists that a third of the country will be infected, conservatively. Another states confidently that if we “go full fucking quarantine tomorrow”, we’ll only have 250k infected. Do you guys just pull numbers out of your ass? I’m done responding to this thread full of halftards.
Sponsored

Last edited: