Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your post is filled with conjecture. Why don’t you do some actual research? So many parrots on here just repeating what they’re told instead of finding out for themselves.

We’ve got one guy that insists that a third of the country will be infected, conservatively. Another states confidently that if we “go full fucking quarantine tomorrow”, we’ll only have 250k infected. Do you guys just pull numbers out of your ass? I’m done responding to this thread full of halftards.
Good don't reply. Your optimism bias will keep you behind the curve.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good don't reply. Your optimism bias will keep you behind the curve.
Yeah, his reading comprehension is shit.

BB, if we continue on course, 1/3rd of the population being infected, which means between 1/300th and 1/30th dead, would be a solid and agreed upon result by experts.
If we went on total absolute lockdown today, and completely stop the spread and did full testing to find all weak and asymptomatic cases we’d likely find there are somewhere around 250k cases already. But we won’t go on a true quarantine and our testing is absolute shit right now. Even people who most likely have it aren’t being tested if the symptoms aren’t bad. Hell, if I get it and get tested they won’t bother testing my wife and kid who would certainly have it, and they know it, and therefore wouldn’t report them as cases.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your post is filled with conjecture. Why don’t you do some actual research? So many parrots on here just repeating what they’re told instead of finding out for themselves.

We’ve got one guy that insists that a third of the country will be infected, conservatively. Another states confidently that if we “go full fucking quarantine tomorrow”, we’ll only have 250k infected. Do you guys just pull numbers out of your ass? I’m done responding to this thread full of halftards.
And you want to do some research?

care to explain why in February the 3 Chinese mobile companies lost over 8 million subscribers? A loss of total customers for first time in history? (This is hardly their first quarantine in recent history)

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is literally no one in the field of science that thinks we should lift our emergency measures because this is totally overblown since GA only has 287 cases and China managed to stop theirs around 80k. If you can't understand why, that's on you.
I guess I'll contribute to the coronavirus thread outside of the coronavirus thread just to tell you that China is still having new cases and deaths every day, so they clearly haven't stopped anything.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
China is still having new cases and deaths every day,
You have to understand the environment there. Xi Jinping has declared there are no new cases...so if you raise your hand and say you need treatment for the virus...then yes, you are dead.

Sponsored

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are blaiming them all on imported cases, they are claiming zero community spread by the Chinese. It is quite literally all propaganda.
They can blame it on whatever they want, but there's still over 6,000 active cases in china, and adding more every day. Whatever they blame it on it still adds to their numbers.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
41 new cases and 7 new deaths today, so... guess not
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Would you prefer slowed?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00741-x

https://news.umich.edu/containment-...p-covid-19-spread-down-from-exponential-norm/

@Carolina Jim - Any data to support your claim in the other thread that WHO tests are wildly inaccurate? Seems like it's based more or less on underlying distrust which, valid or not, doesn't count as evidence.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-trump-falsely-says-who-coronavirus-test-was/

I'm also looking for any reliable sources you may have (other than inherent distrust of ChiComms) indicating significant manipulation of China's reporting after the first three weeks (which were clearly a cluster fuck of terrible governance and almost entirely to blaim for the current worldwide state of affairs). I'm sure their numbers are inaccurate and probably being massaged lower for appearances, but they seem to be generally in line with growth and decay rates playing out in developed nations and those are really hard to fake (example, Iran and Russia). Normally I'd run a regression test to see for myself but I don't have access to sufficient data.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First it's claims that the pandemic is overblown and lock-down isn't necessary so stop hurting the economy, now it's lock-down isn't even effective and China is misreporting numbers so screw China.

At what point can everyone just agree that there's a goddamn pandemic that needs to be dealt with and experts agree that staying at home is necessary to stop it because the alternative is much worse? China and the WHO aren't relevant anymore beyond using their lessons learned to implement effective policy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm super fucking bummed that the reveal was delayed and production is shutting down, same as everybody else...it would have been awesome to finally see it. I'm crossing my fingers that production isn't too affected just like everyone else, and I know the inevitable recession/depression is going to really fucking hurt. But the number of people coming on here acting like this is just overblown hysteria, a political hit-job, or a Chinese conspiracy is shocking and unhelpful.

And if you think this is bad, just wait another few decades for the worldwide debt bubble to pop as climate change starts wrecking our shit :eek:

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why don’t you do some actual research? So many parrots on here just repeating what they’re told instead of finding out for themselves.
I know I'm posting way too much on this shit and I know you hate getting lectured @ChrispyKC

But @bbostic5 I'm gonna keep calling you out for being a special kind of stupid about this (not calling you full stupid, for all I know you're brilliant at other things).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/

This is what exponential growth looks like. If we're lucky, in a couple weeks we'll slow to linear growth around 100-250k cases and then decay to logarithmic and taper out as the mitigation measures being put in place now start to have an effect; if we're still nowhere close to 2009's swine flu death total by the the time we start looking like South Korea (and what's being reported in China ;) @Carolina Jim), I will jump for joy and publicly offer you the sincerest of apologies.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-korea/

Hopefully we slow things down and keep deaths in the single digit thousands but most people who know what they're talking about aren't optimistic.

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully we slow things down and keep deaths in the single digit thousands but most people who know what they're talking about aren't optimistic.
As you well know, this is truly wishful thinking. I really don't see that the US is doing anything better than what's going on in Italy. California maybe a few days ahead. New York, under lock down, is going to be undermined by the REDICULOUS spring breakers in the coming weeks. Healthy, mild symptom, young folks spreading to the unsuspected folks back in their home states. This is where federal leadership needs to coordinate and clamp down. Unfortunately, that time has passed.

We are in for quite a ride. Be responsibly safe to slow this train wreck down..
Sponsored