Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

an interesting read
not really. he has a basic misunderstanding of logarithmic or exponential growth.

He also claims'it's not that bad, see this chart!' then links a chart comparing it to being slightly more deadly than the Spanish Flu...you know, the one that killed some 20 million people?

He also completely misrepresents the reason why certain countries were able to slow/delay or nearly stop the spread.

Oh, also zero handle on the implications, or lack thereof, of half-lifes, and aerosol spread.

And he chooses to ignore a very large amount of data that we have been seeing the last few weeks.

And again, also completely ignores the effects that testing limitations have on case growth, or rather, real vs confirmed infection rates.

There were a few things in there that were pretty spot on however, but those are generally things everyone already knows, such as how much more it effects elderly and those with pertinent underlying conditions.

I'd grade this paper a D-, passing, but only because it was well written, if poorly researched and misrepresenting data.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

all you people are so dumb my dad works for corona and he said the graph is wrong it actually looks like this (pic related) it is only a gradual rise not steep so calm down heckers.
Ford Bronco Ford Temporarily Halts North American Production corona get the streach

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we just only had a thread somewhere on this site were everyone could post all that they wanted about the Coronavirus....

SFA is better than IFS in the Rocks!!!!! Take that!!!

Just getting a little sick of the Coronavirus post... Bring on the CHAIRS!!!!!!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we just only had a thread somewhere on this site were everyone could post all that they wanted about the Coronavirus....

Why? You are absolutely correct with that statement.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah these coronavirus arguments are spreading like, well, you know ...

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

an interesting read
I wrote an in depth "journal club" style review and decided not to post when I realized it had grown to 4 pages long. I can message the full break-down with citations to anyone interested (doubtful, it's super boring)

TL/DR: this article appears to be at least somewhat politically biased, frequently inaccurate, and at times dangerously misleading. I would highly recommend not using at as the basis for any arguments regarding COVID19 and the steps we're taking to mitigate it.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wrote an in depth "journal club" style review and decided not to post when I realized it had grown to 4 pages long. I can message the full break-down with citations to anyone interested (doubtful, it's super boring)

TL/DR: this article appears to be at least somewhat politically biased, frequently inaccurate, and at times dangerously misleading. I would highly recommend not using at as the basis for any arguments regarding COVID19 and the steps we're taking to mitigate it.
I’d take a look at what you got, if you don’t mind.

Sponsored

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well it’s taken me 43 years to get here. Formerly known as Republican. Now Conservative Constitutionalist. Always got my news from multiple sources but trusted Fox News the most. My trust in Fox has been shaken, for multiple reasons, be glad to explain but you all probably don’t care.

So to my point. To those who believe that this Covid-19 is a farce, or over blown ect. Let me help you figure this one out. The answers to these questions, who’s to blame or who stands to gain, or will the economy take a dump, will not help. First establish in your own mind if it’s a real crises. Gain information from multiple sources. Experts in the field, not politicians. Scientist, doctors, pathogen researchers should be your go to. If they are showing numbers of deaths, I would argue substantial, then doesn’t that make it a crises? Maybe not for you. That’s fine each of us have our own levels of tolerance, losses we are willing to except. But just because people see these number of deaths and critically ill and want to proactively work to prevent themselves from attracting it, does not make them nuts, conspiratorial or any of the like. Some may still think people are overreacting.

So, of hearing news that this is no big deal, I’d encourage you to look at some other info. And if after that your still not convinced so be it. But don’t get upset when others don’t agree. The Fox News guys are too quick to just blame things on the opposite party. Make things look like all hype. For the most part I agree. But don’t allow your self on ALL issues to just believe there is some hidden agenda, and remain uninformed from other news sources. Full disclosure I stoped watching, listening to most all main stream media, including fox,msnbc,nbc, cnn, cbs, google, Facebook, I may have left some out.

Take a look around, these professionals are reporting data that they are staking their reputations on. I do think you can trust it. Incase some do not know, the word intubate, breathing tubes, ventilators, and the like mean that person is in critical care. So normally would be placed in a section of the hospital called ICU, ( intensive care unit ). Let that sink in. When Italy and other nations are placing more people in ICU than out patient, that’s a problem on a whole other level. It’s real, get prepared.

Former Fox News hard core republican, turned a little independent, self thinking constitutionalist, signing off. Good night Merica.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well it’s taken me 43 years to get here. Formerly known as Republican. Now Conservative Constitutionalist. Always got my news from multiple sources but trusted Fox News the most. My trust in Fox has been shaken, for multiple reasons, be glad to explain but you all probably don’t care.

So to my point. To those who believe that this Covid-19 is a farce, or over blown ect. Let me help you figure this one out. The answers to these questions, who’s to blame or who stands to gain, or will the economy take a dump, will not help. First establish in your own mind if it’s a real crises. Gain information from multiple sources. Experts in the field, not politicians. Scientist, doctors, pathogen researchers should be your go to. If they are showing numbers of deaths, I would argue substantial, then doesn’t that make it a crises? Maybe not for you. That’s fine each of us have our own levels of tolerance, losses we are willing to except. But just because people see these number of deaths and critically ill and want to proactively work to prevent themselves from attracting it, does not make them nuts, conspiratorial or any of the like. Some may still think people are overreacting.

So, of hearing news that this is no big deal, I’d encourage you to look at some other info. And if after that your still not convinced so be it. But don’t get upset when others don’t agree. The Fox News guys are too quick to just blame things on the opposite party. Make things look like all hype. For the most part I agree. But don’t allow your self on ALL issues to just believe there is some hidden agenda, and remain uninformed from other news sources. Full disclosure I stoped watching, listening to most all main stream media, including fox,msnbc,nbc, cnn, cbs, google, Facebook, I may have left some out.

Take a look around, these professionals are reporting data that they are staking their reputations on. I do think you can trust it. Incase some do not know, the word intubate, breathing tubes, ventilators, and the like mean that person is in critical care. So normally would be placed in a section of the hospital called ICU, ( intensive care unit ). Let that sink in. When Italy and other nations are placing more people in ICU than out patient, that’s a problem on a whole other level. It’s real, get prepared.

Former Fox News hard core republican, turned a little independent, self thinking constitutionalist, signing off. Good night Merica.

I don't mind and you won't bore me because I agree. Mainly a FOX watcher as well but I always read between the lines also. When the whole thing started in China I looked at my wife and said "start stocking up, don't go crazy just get ready because if this gets big people will freak out" About a week or so later we were watching the news and they reported that China was shutting towns down because of it and I looked at her a said " Now I know they(China) are lying, only 1000 dead and they are shutting down towns " " Wrong !!!!1 add a few zeroes to that if they are shutting down. They(China) don't want the truth out. " She looked at me and rolled her eyes, like quit being a doomsday'er. Everytime she turns the news on now I say "what was that you were saying before" ;)

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a look around, these professionals are reporting data that they are staking their reputations on. I do think you can trust it.
My man right here. This a hundred times.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs