Sponsored

Ford, there are no supply chain issues with communications best practice[Update: Email From Ford]

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Ford, there are no supply chain issues with communications best practice[Update: Email From Ford] 7FE2CFF9-B91B-421E-8289-7CF422E3C703

Have you noticed lately that when you get on the phone with a Ford Customer Service Rep or on the chat site you almost immediately feel like you are about to waste your time because they will regurgitate the talking point and refer you to shop.ford…? Lately, i have started preempting them by stating that i am aware of the website and that i know i should keep in touch with my dealership, leaving them with nothing new to tell me. To fair, it is not their fault.

Inaccurate to borderline misleading status updates, indifference of switching delivery windows without any statement briefing customer as to what the issue(s) is/are and indifference of sending systems generated updates that do not reflect reality, and i difference especially towards people coming up on their 2 year anniversary of waiting. My build for my Wildtrak 3.0 was 6/10 so i have been waiting for 36 days. There seems to be a systemic issue with Wiltraks built in the last week of May and first week of June and i’m yet to receive one email from Ford explaining what the issue is. My situation is not as bad the situation of those yet to be scheduled after almost 2 years waiting or people that have been waiting for 40+ days since their built date.
The bogeyman in these unending delays has always been supply chain issues. Even if we concede that, then for goodness sakes WHAT IS THE SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUE IN THE COMMUNICATION DROUGHT AND MISCOMMUNICATION we are experiencing here. The most reliable sources of information here are the selfless individuals with contacts who help us wrap out minds around this mess.
There is a lot Ford has to worry about especially with their quality control issues but it seems to me the cheapest piece of this puzzle is fixing the line communication while they work on fixing their assembly line.

Most people including me are holding on at this point because there is too much sunk cost in this whole venture and they just want to power through; to me this is not where you want to be when you’re trying to compete successfully because the first alternative people have they will switch. Go figure why Jeep is still outselling the Bronco.

This is becoming a meltdown for Ford with missteps, endless recalls, BUNKER MENTALITY etc. This is how empires fall; lack of soft skills amplifies shortcomings in hard skills and the endless spiral continues until people throw their hands in the air and walkaway.

FORD, DO BETTER.
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Preaching to the choir... and its not just Ford. Lots and lots of businesses can't deliver product and can't tell you when its going to show up. I am managing a $80 million infrastructure project. Between contractors not having staff, can't get widgets, and every business being in the same situation, its just part of the landscape.

The low level CS people on the phone are not going to be able to tell you where your Bronco is and what is going on.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Preaching to the choir... and its not just Ford. Lots and lots of businesses can't deliver product and can't tell you when its going to show up. I am managing a $80 million infrastructure project. Between contractors not having staff, can't get widgets, and every business being in the same situation, its just part of the landscape.

The low level CS people on the phone are not going to be able to tell you where your Bronco is and what is going on.
The “choir” i am preaching to, Ford, is not singing at all. The customers are the audience and the choir, Ford, needs to start singing.
And like I stated, the paradox here is that this is the cheapest fix. If a company is running a business in which the average client will spend and average of 50K on their product, in this environment, it is malpractice if such a company is incapable of sending out specific correspondence to groups of customers about issues that are impeding the delivery of that product. In fact, of all the problems in the world today COMMUNICATION is the one variable that organizations control and the organizations that will survive are organizations that maximize the use of it

We should be completely drowning with emails from Ford to the point of saying “OK Ford we get”

LightningFan75

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Ford, there are no supply chain issues with communications best practice[Update: Email From Ford] 7FE2CFF9-B91B-421E-8289-7CF422E3C703

Have you noticed lately that when you get on the phone with a Ford Customer Service Rep or on the chat site you almost immediately feel like you are about to waste your time because they will regurgitate the talking point and refer you to shop.ford…? Lately, i have started preempting them by stating that i am aware of the website and that i know i should keep in touch with my dealership, leaving them with nothing new to tell me. To fair, it is not their fault.

Inaccurate to borderline misleading status updates, indifference of switching delivery windows without any statement briefing customer as to what the issue(s) is/are and indifference of sending systems generated updates that do not reflect reality, and i difference especially towards people coming up on their 2 year anniversary of waiting. My build for my Wildtrak 3.0 was 6/10 so i have been waiting for 36 days. There seems to be a systemic issue with Wiltraks built in the last week of May and first week of June and i’m yet to receive one email from Ford explaining what the issue is. My situation is not as bad the situation of those yet to be scheduled after almost 2 years waiting or people that have been waiting for 40+ days since their built date.
The bogeyman in these unending delays has always been supply chain issues. Even if we concede that, then for goodness sakes WHAT IS THE SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUE IN THE COMMUNICATION DROUGHT AND MISCOMMUNICATION we are experiencing here. The most reliable sources of information here are the selfless individuals with contacts who help us wrap out minds around this mess.
There is a lot Ford has to worry about especially with their quality control issues but it seems to me the cheapest piece of this puzzle is fixing the line communication while they work on fixing their assembly line.

Most people including me are holding on at this point because there is too much sunk cost in this whole venture and they just want to power through; to me this is not where you want to be when you’re trying to compete successfully because the first alternative people have they will switch. Go figure why Jeep is still outselling the Bronco.

This is becoming a meltdown for Ford with missteps, endless recalls, BUNKER MENTALITY etc. This is how empires fall; lack of soft skills amplifies shortcomings in hard skills and the endless spiral continues until people throw their hands in the air and walkaway.

FORD, DO BETTER.
Unfortunately it doesn't appear to stop at the Wildtrak... My Order Banks was built 6/5 and I'm right there with you in the dark. It appears it's most Broncos built end of May/beginning of June that are getting the shafy. My dealer just took delivery of an Outer banks that was built at the end of June...a full 3 weeks after mine, yet mine still sits awaiting Shipment. Of course it's not sitting in their lot with an ADM, because the person who ordered it backed out.

It's obvious Ford doesn't value owner loyalty through transparency. Instead they'd rather send out bogus dates via bot and tell they're CSRs to regurgitate scripted material that we're all insanely tired if hearing. If my Bronco won't show up until September then tell me that... If rather have a firm actual date than 4 dates I know they won't make. What infuriated me the most I'd when I get a date range and it comes to the last day... Call Ford and they seem like they're incapable of doing math. They say it's showing delivery between x and y... Well it's the day before y so you're telling me there's a chance my car may ship today and travel 1200 miles to Orlando by tomorrow? Use some common sense. Hell how about just saying it doesn't make sense and that they're sorry that they're missing yet another window?

I've ordered eight Ford's in my life and owned double that. I've never been this frustrated with buying a car. And they can't hide behind chip holds or parts holds... Most of us have been built for over a month with no holds.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You aren't wrong. Even when Ford tried to communicate, the messaging was not well received. Sending a hammock to "hang in there" and a calendar to track the waiting may have been with best intentions, but it seemed like a cruel joke. Ford even tried to offer reimbursement for dealers to offer gifts/accessories for those who are waiting, but they couldn't even communicate to the dealers adequately as most had no idea what it is if you brought it up to them. Some buyers did reap the benefits of the program and good for them. Others received a blank stare from their dealers.

And then you have the automated system that is a failure. There is no rhyme or reason why some receive the emails through every step of the process and others never receive a single email. I have my original reservation that has only received an initial confirmation email of the reservation. Never a confirmed order from Ford (have received updated DORA(s) for MY'21, MY'22, and (presumably for MY'23 and MY'24) from my dealer. Placed a new order and took delivery this past April. Never received an automated email for any step of the process from Ford.

Now, Off Roadeo is another entity that shares the data with Ford. My original reservation that is still on order used to get the automated Off Roadeo emails. I'm confirmed eligible for that reservation through Off Roadeo. The second order should have generated automatic emails from Off Roadeo as the VIN is confirmed delivered but again not a single email.

The automated emails shouldn't be a tough hurdle for Ford to clear. Yet, Ford continues to fail at the most basic communication.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed - just a little email information on what the holdup is would actually save money on call center costs. Actually informing dealers might help too.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lately? If the last year and a half means lately, then yes I noticed that lol.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Ford, there are no supply chain issues with communications best practice[Update: Email From Ford] 02D2D7D8-5FB2-47BB-9A96-2AEA96E22181

A little late to the party but i appreciate the update as to why my Bronco was delayed. Also, cryptic which essential confirms the rumors that all is not well with the Wildtrak 3.0.
TBD-will this new delivery window be honored?

BDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F250 Superduty XLT 6.0 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well I just went on to Ford Chat after getting the “Sorry we are having Supply Issues” Letter and I got this response

Thank you so much for patiently waiting, Ken. According to my system, your vehicle primary status shows In Production and your secondary vehicle status shows Produced. Also, the lasted known vehicle location is Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI. Furthermore, I am showing an ETA for your vehicle order on Jun-21-2023 through Jun-27-2023. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

K76Husker

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was built on 2/24. All I get from ford is stay in contact with your dealer. Dealer has no answers all they say is gps shows still in Michigan. 2024s are gonna roll out before I see mine.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I truly believe there is no incentive for them to get better and they really don't care. They'll sell them all for a mark-up, what's their incentive to "do better"?

As long as the stock holders are happy all is well right?

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I truly believe there is no incentive for them to get better and they really don't care. They'll sell them all for a mark-up, what's their incentive to "do better"?

As long as the stock holders are happy all is well right?
If the stockholders actually knew how poorly run production really is, they wouldn’t be so happy. Share price protection is also why Ford won’t provide any detailed information. They don’t want shareholders to catch wind of what’s really going on. Companies like Ford have large blocks of shareholders- mutual funds, retirement plans, etc so one spooked large shareholder is a problem for them.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is; what about all the $$$$ in deposits? Mine was not huge but start doing the math and that’s a lot of interest $$$$

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still think Ford is trying to screw the remaining price protected order holders. I mean all the orders out there with PP have to be holding Ford back for a ton they could’ve sold at msrp. Or the dealerships could sell over msrp.

I don’t have any price protection since I have a post March ‘23 order, so what do I know?

OBX23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 F150 Hybrid (now) & '23 OBX Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reading all these posts, and waiting for my "built" 2dr. What a crap show. I know we are all eager and frustrated, but does the idea of allowing customers to see build dates, and then leave them hanging without explanation make sense for a business. Transparency is the new norm, but It's ridiculous. I see it scheduled, I see it in production, and I see modules pop. I see it built....then.... for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks, customer gets left clueless -->excitement totally deflated.

All the positive posters saying "it's worth it". I'm sure on delivery day, it seems like it, but overall, it's a shitty business model. If it's a shipping holdup, find somebody better, who can meet ETAs. If it's parts shortage or hold issue...post up and update customers. Don't give an ETA you can't confirm and spin customers out. Built awaiting shipment means load it up. Don't go to built if it ain't done, or at least pull it back to IP with a delay note. Give Chat or CS an ability to enter unit and get a semi-detailed status. Stop sending customers to Tracking link when that's the reason we called. ...and stop saying "contact dealer". I am a Ford Tech in Service at the dealer. Nobody knows shit. No update since "built" May 5th...yeah, I'll watch that tracker instead of call... idiots.

If you are a business owner or run a business.... you get it. If you're a customer, you get it. If you are Ford, you clearly don't get it. Customers are trying to wave the Bronco flag.
Sponsored