Sponsored

Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@McBadlands posted a thread like this for those buying from Chapman Ford, and I thought it would be a great idea for those of us buying from Granger. So is you are so inclined post up your ideas after picking up your Bronco at Grangers. There could be some great ideas for those of us driving to Granger. I'll start.

Since retirement the wife, and I have been trying to see as much of our great country as possible. We have taken a long road trip every year (except 2020 of course), and are planning the same for our Bronco after pickup. We will leave North Carolina, and are planning a 3 day trip to Granger seeing things along the way. After leaving Granger we will head back to Des Moines, and head further west on I-80. As soon as possible we will leave I-80, and hit the old roads (as much as possible) heading west to Cheyenne. From Cheyenne we'll take 85 to Deadwood. See the sites around Deadwood/Rapid City then head west on I-90, again taking the old roads as much as possible to Sioux Falls, then south on I-29 to Kansas City. We're still in the planning stages from Kansas City. I expect I can get in front of the break-in miles somewhere along the line. :)
Estes Park, CO was a nice ride and Pike's Peak is also a must do.
Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"Ford those Buying for Granger."

:rolleyes:

I'm gonna summon an enclosed trailer, schedule a day/time to pick it up after Zach and Albert say it's OK, then wait here patiently for it to arrive and keep the unnecessary 1,420.3 miles off of it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drive. Pee. Gas. Drive. Gas. Pee. Drive more. Pee more. More gas.

I’ll drive the necessary 683 miles and it’ll be broken in by the time I get home so I can start racing people at stop lights for the final 183 miles.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Driving from Denver with my tradein. After that I'll be looking locally for paint protection film for the front end(hood,fenders). This is all dependant on when I'll be taking delivery. I'll need to take off work and I have to give notice. If im stringing together extra days it'll be in and out. I might stop by a buddys place in Iowa if time permits; he's a mustang guy.
You could always ask around IA to find a place and have it done "at pickup".

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Drive. Pee. Gas. Drive. Gas. Pee. Drive more. Pee more. More gas.

I’ll drive the necessary 683 miles and it’ll be broken in by the time I get home so I can start racing people at stop lights for the final 183 miles.
Make sure to find the V6 Challengers...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[
Make sure to find the V6 Challengers...
After ordering a Challenger I’m a bit of an aficionado. I could tell you what they are just by looking at the hoods. I might take on an R/T too and make them weep.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Chicago suburbs buyer here. I'll fly in with my wife and then head north from Granger (rt 17 and 69 look like the 2 lane highway I'd like to travel). Head towards Clear Lake to visit the Valens, Holly and Big Bopper memorial and a break. Then head towards Decorah and eastern Iowa. I have family in the QC area, so we'll head south along the Mississippi River to visit family. Then finish the drive back to Woodridge, IL.

Craft beer and local food choices will fill out the agenda along the way. The main attraction for me beer wise will be Toppling Goliath Brewery in Decorah. It's an award winning brewery and I've never been there, so looking forward to that and picking up a QC style pizza when I visit family.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

[

After ordering a Challenger I’m a bit of an aficionado. I could tell you what they are just by looking at the hoods. I might take on an R/T too and make them weep.
#VideoOrItDidn'tHappen :alien: (y)

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends on delivery date. Winter I might just pay to have it delivered or drive straight shot but stop with family in TN. If it's warm I'd like to take a week and explore what's in the area, once I get closer I'll plan it out.
William, deliver date will play a big part in our quest to go further north. I'm hoping for a mid to late summer, early fall deliver since I'm a 10/04 reservation. But who knows. If it's during the snowy season I have a standby plan of heading south to Miami, OK, and hope Route 66 won't have any snow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll be picking up the Bronco then heading back to Montana. I'll be driving my Badlands to Badlands National Park, Deadwood, Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Devil's Tower on the way (or round about way). But, first I'll get some Chic-fa-lay! I might even check out the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD and definitely get a 10c cup of coffee at Wall Drug!
Don't forget to get a big ol' donut to go with that 10 cent coffee. Those donuts melt in your mouth. We were lucky the day we went to the Corn Palace. The Turtles ( yeah I'm old) were doing a soundcheck for a concert later that night. We just walked in, and had our on private concert as no one else was in there. No one said a thing, and we just sit back, and enjoyed the music.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Head north on I-35 to route 20, hang a right, and take the scenic route all the way back to (five miles from) my house. Unless working out of State, then a flight in from wherever, early morning paperwork at the dealer and a 100 to 1200 miles drive back to someplace on the first weekend I can.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maid Rite loose meat sandwiches are not everyone's favorite, but if feeling food adventurous I would recommend one. (Failing that, they make a tremendously tasty pork tenderloin sandwich
We've had a loose meat sammich in Rolla, MO. It was different for sure, but I thought it was quite good.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Estes Park, CO was a nice ride and Pike's Peak is also a must do.
Estes Park is beautiful. We woke up to this guy in the front yard.
Ford Bronco Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary. 015.JPG

They say the Stanly is haunted. We didn't see any apparitions, but it is a beautiful place.

Ford Bronco Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary. 026.JPG

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Home to work
work to home