Sponsored

Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You could always ask around IA to find a place and have it done "at pickup".
@Used2jeep Dave, I'm hoping Granger will have a detail shop on premises. I would pay them to put a good coat of wax on mine before we take off. Them bugs out west are as big as a vulture, and quite juicy. :p :)
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Used2jeep Dave, I'm hoping Granger will have a detail shop on premises. I would pay them to put a good coat of wax on mine before we take off. Them bugs out west are as big as a vulture, and quite juicy. :p :)
I think I remember taking one off the faceshield of my helmet once. Really loud noise and yes, lots of juice.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Estes Park is beautiful. We woke up to this guy in the front yard.
015.JPG

They say the Stanly is haunted. We didn't see any apparitions, but it is a beautiful place.

026.JPG
Yeah Estes is great, I go up a few times a year if I can. Went up there last year for fly fishing, was a bit miserable because it was when the fires were starting to get going and the air quality sucked.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

015.JPG

They say the Stanly is haunted. We didn't see any apparitions, but it is a beautiful place.

026.JPG
We stayed there 2 Januarys ago in The Lodge. We will be back.

2899F20F-D63A-4060-B9FF-B443B9C7F780.jpeg

Last edited:

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'll be driving my Badlands to Badlands National Park, Deadwood, Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Devil's Tower on the way (or round about way).
I like this plan. May have to use it next year when I pick up my Bronco.

Sponsored

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could always ask around IA to find a place and have it done "at pickup".
Yeah,by locally i meant In iowa. Already called a few places a little while ago. If anyone wants to see if they'll do a deal let me know.

radprez

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4-Motion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll drive back to Florida through Nebraska and Oklahoma - thus reaching my goal of visiting all 50 states - then to the Ozarks to do some rock crawling with my kids and their Rubicon. May the best man win!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The wife and I are are taking a rental car from Southwest Chicagoland to Granger. I have 2 options - the long way home, and the longer way home, depending on the weather when we take delivery.

broncosfirstride.jpg

ride home from broncotown map.png

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wife and I are are taking a rental car from Southwest Chicagoland to Granger. I have 2 options - the long way home, and the longer way home, depending on the weather when we take delivery.

Ford Bronco Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary. ride home from broncotown ma

Ford Bronco Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary. ride home from broncotown ma
Your short trip home will go through my small hometown, population 1,250. You’re hitting some really neat areas with that shorter route. Enjoy!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your short trip home will go through my small hometown, population 1,250. You’re hitting some really neat areas with that shorter route. Enjoy!
Thanks - I have relatives in Charles City and I googled best towns in Iowa to find neat little towns to go through.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stretch from Decorah to Cambridge will be a good scenic drive. Neat area through eastern Iowa and northwest Illinois.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To those traveling I80 or Rt6 through Illinois, if you want a really good Quad City style pizza, I’d highly recommend Danny Boys in Geneseo, IL. Whether you have it on this trip or sometime down the road, it’s worth it.

I always get thin crust with crumbled pork sausage. Delicious.

Danny Boys

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 20-year-old old kid has earned the honor of being my official Bronco breaker-iner. And since he and I have been "planning" for years to take a road trip with no official route, packing almost nothing, and buying stuff as we need it... This will be it.

We'll fly to Iowa and then we will just meander the back roads for the first 500 to 1000 miles to break in the engine, and then see if I can get a speeding ticket on a freeway the last leg of the trip.😍

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
@McBadlands posted a thread like this for those buying from Chapman Ford, and I thought it would be a great idea for those of us buying from Granger. So is you are so inclined post up your ideas after picking up your Bronco at Grangers. There could be some great ideas for those of us driving to Granger. I'll start.

Since retirement the wife, and I have been trying to see as much of our great country as possible. We have taken a long road trip every year (except 2020 of course), and are planning the same for our Bronco after pickup. We will leave North Carolina, and are planning a 3 day trip to Granger seeing things along the way. After leaving Granger we will head back to Des Moines, and head further west on I-80. As soon as possible we will leave I-80, and hit the old roads (as much as possible) heading west to Cheyenne. From Cheyenne we'll take 85 to Deadwood. See the sites around Deadwood/Rapid City then head west on I-90, again taking the old roads as much as possible to Sioux Falls, then south on I-29 to Kansas City. We're still in the planning stages from Kansas City. I expect I can get in front of the break-in miles somewhere along the line. :)

@Granger Ford @Zach@Granger
I had an early 7/14 reservation at Stephens and was #72/70 on their allocations. I spoke with Granger and the same situation. I ended up moving to a local dealer where I'm half way on the allocation list. Every local dealer I called would have gotten me a MY21 with my timestamp, but that early stamp would have probably been a MY22 at both Granger and Stephens.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are going to be bummed because their vehicles are going to arrive later than they want. Maybe some don't care, but I certainly did and preferred getting the car months earlier rather than saving a few bucks. I did find the Granger and Stephens folks to be super helpful and friendly. The wife has a late Granger res that we may use. Good luck folks!

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We stayed there last year and I got the crap scared out of me while looking out the peephole of my hotel room door.
Sponsored