Sponsored

Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Chicago suburbs buyer here. I'll fly in with my wife and then head north from Granger (rt 17 and 69 look like the 2 lane highway I'd like to travel). Head towards Clear Lake to visit the Valens, Holly and Big Bopper memorial and a break. Then head towards Decorah and eastern Iowa. I have family in the QC area, so we'll head south along the Mississippi River to visit family. Then finish the drive back to Woodridge, IL.

Craft beer and local food choices will fill out the agenda along the way. The main attraction for me beer wise will be Toppling Goliath Brewery in Decorah. It's an award winning brewery and I've never been there, so looking forward to that and picking up a QC style pizza when I visit family.
Clear Lake is a beautiful little resort town. The Surf ballroom is a very cool place to see live music. I recommend a restaurant called Ge-Jo’s by the lake.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since I'm "local" and just driving back to Chicago my itinerary is understandably relatively small in scope. My focus will be on food items unique (or at least featured prominently) to Iowa - the breaded pork tenderloin sandwich and Quad Cities Pizza. Hoping to fly in to Des Moines in the morning and leave Granger in the lunch-ish timeframe so I can hit up one of the stops on the Tenderloin Trail (there's 3 nearby to Des Moines) before taking up the run for the border to Illinois.
Once I'm at the border I'll stop for a Quad Cities pizza (or Quad City, debate amongst yourselves), deliberately over-ordering so I have plenty of leftovers to bring home to the spousal unit (note that similar strategy will have been employed for the tenderloin as well).

Prior to leaving I'll request they fill my trusty Stanley thermos with coffee to help out with the remaining ~3 hours home. Oh, and prior to crossing the border I'll make a point of filling up the tank to take advantage of that 40% lower gas tax rate in IA compared to IL.
I love a good tenderloin 🤤🤤

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fly up. Drive back. One day trip.
Boring.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We stayed there last year and I got the crap scared out of me while looking out the peephole of my hotel room door.
Were you in Stephen Kings room? "REDRUM"

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As I only live about 30 minutes away from Granger it'll be more about what I do later. I've been to yellowstone once & the badlands multiple times ( I I would definitely go back again to both) I would want to venture farther out west & check out the 5 national parks in Utah at some point!

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those of you visiting badlands
PSX_20200716_165839.jpg
PSX_20200716_172630.jpg

I was just at the Badlands for the 3rd time this last 4th of July & while I won't be able to afford a badlands edition I will be bringing my base here on my way to Yellowstone someday! The Badlands are breathtaking!

I would share more photos but when I uploaded them it said they were too big of files lol...

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know how long the temp tag is good for?

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Strongly considering bribing those rolling through Sioux City with a “Taste of Siouxland” care package if they stop and let me check out their rides. I’m a late October guy and need some fixes to get me through!

For me... I am taking 100% backroads from Granger to Sioux City with my first real stop at my parents farm - predicting my wife following me home with my three kiddos in the Bronco - loud music and (since I am Iowan) the top will be off if it’s above 55!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

[

After ordering a Challenger I’m a bit of an aficionado. I could tell you what they are just by looking at the hoods. I might take on an R/T too and make them weep.
Not too dissimilar to ordering, or trying to order, this truck?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not too dissimilar to ordering, or trying to order, this truck?
Not really! Besides Dodge makes it easy since it’s already an older car.

Sponsored

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im in IA so my plan is to drive home. I heard there's an OHV park not to far north, so maybe hit that for some fun on the way.

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely planning to hit Badlands NP in my new Badlands Bronco- not sure where else yet on my way back to CO

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely planning to hit Badlands NP in my new Badlands Bronco- not sure where else yet on my way back to CO

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When in Badlands area be sure to see Rushmore and drive through custer state park (wildlife loop and needles eye).

Maybe too far out of your way, but Cody, WY (near Yellowstone NP) is also a great place to visit (Buffalo Bill Center includes the largest american firearm collection). The direct route through WY between Cody and Rapid city is fantastic for scenery on the Cody side - light traffic and twisty mountain roads. Devils Tower is on the way as well.
Sponsored