Sponsored

Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Majority of my trip will depend on when the rig shows up. I have a late first day reservation but with deadlies, I am fingers crossed for a late September/October arrival. IF that little miracle happens I will drive through Colorado to visit family/friends (Estes Park, ect), on to Moab up through Utah and Idaho getting in all the sites I possibly can and back through Eastern Oregon to hit my favorite local haunts. All a gamble right now!
Sponsored

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drivin er back to San Diego and hitting up a bunch of trails in the way in Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, and Cali

PlannedSickDays

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Ben SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those heading back West, be sure to stop at Barn Town Brewing before hopping on the Interstate.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving from SW Chicagoland to Granger with some family/friends to make a trip out of it. Showing up in my '06 Sonata to trade in and get that well needed upgrade to the Bronco 😃

Anyone concerned with breaking in the engine prior to making a long trip with the new car right away? i.e I don't know if its best to just leave Granger and be on I-80 for 5 hours at 70mph without many stops. This will be my first new vehicle purchase and not completely sure if a break in period is needed/recommended

Sponsored

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Driving from SW Chicagoland to Granger with some family/friends to make a trip out of it. Showing up in my '06 Sonata to trade in and get that well needed upgrade to the Bronco 😃

Anyone concerned with breaking in the engine prior to making a long trip with the new car right away? i.e I don't know if its best to just leave Granger and be on I-80 for 5 hours at 70mph without many stops.
I'm planning a drive to Joliet from Granger to see friends. I intend to take all back roads, varying engine speeds for break-in purposes, and anticipating a more enjoyable drive compared to 5 hrs of interstate thru Iowa & Illinois.
Probably Rt 6 out of Des Moines and thru Iowa City, crossing the Mississippi at Muscatine IA, (I'm a nut for steel bridges, the Santa Fe bridge at Fort Madison is a classic, but a bit out of the way), and thru Starved Rock State Park on the way. Looking forward to a great drive, hoping it's not thru 12 inches of snow!

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning a drive to Joliet from Granger to see friends. I intend to take all back roads, varying engine speeds for break-in purposes, and anticipating a more enjoyable drive compared to 5 hrs of interstate thru Iowa & Illinois.
Probably Rt 6 out of Des Moines and thru Iowa City, crossing the Mississippi at Muscatine IA, (I'm a nut for steel bridges, the Santa Fe bridge at Fort Madison is a classic, but a bit out of the way), and thru Starved Rock State Park on the way. Looking forward to a great drive, hoping it's not thru 12 inches of snow!
Sounds good and something that I should do similarly! I'm leaving and returning from Plainfield so just up the road from your friends in Joliet

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone concerned with breaking in the engine prior to making a long trip with the new car right away? i.e I don't know if its best to just leave Granger and be on I-80 for 5 hours at 70mph without many stops. This will be my first new vehicle purchase and not completely sure if a break in period is needed/recommended
There's a whole thread dedicated to that topic. I believe Granger Motors (Zach) posted their recommendations for breaking in the engine. Varying speeds, frequent stops, basically.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We're in Kansas City so it's not a bad drive up there for us. I'm from Iowa originally so may stop and see some family that's still up there. Itinerary will depend on when it comes in. If it's warmer may head up into the Dakotas and see the Badlands in our Badlands. If it's cooler we may swing down south of KC to the Ozarks before coming back home. My first major road trip will be out to the Southwest. I've never been to the Arizona/New Mexico area and really want to see it.
Across 160 in Colorado to Durango is a beautiful drive. Then to the 4 Corners area through the reservation lands then to the Grand Canyon. Doesn't get much better than that.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the most fun I'll have driving my bronco home is the looks on everyone's face when I drive by.....especially the jeep owners

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...... the looks on everyone's face when I drive by.....especially the jeep owners
Yes, we'll wave. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Driving back to Kansas with a stop in KC for some BBQ. I plan to take that week off to enjoy it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pushing my wife out of her Bronco and stealing it:ROFLMAO:

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will driving back to California in December be a bad idea re: snow / rust? Presumably IA/NE/CO/UT will have snow at that time.