First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A good way to end up with a small fortune in F1 racing….start with a big fortune.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoop whoop!!! Excited.

Like many people, I grew up watching NASCAR. But the constant rules changes they started introducing in the late 2000s just kinda rubbed me the wrong way and I slowly lost interest. Once the switched to the stage racing format I effectively stopped watching altogether.

Just so happens that late 2000s was around the same time I got a DVR, which made watching Formula 1 races as an American substantially easier. The first F1 season I followed closely was just after Ford had left the sport (2005? I think), and I've always hoped Ford would return. Glad to see it!!

I hate to say it... but I have to give Netflix a lot of credit for their Drive to Survive series. That really introduced Formula 1 to a lot of Americans, and I suspect that's one of the main reasons why we soon will have three Grand Prix in the US, and why Ford is willing to go back.

ps. Dear F1 teams— Let Andretti become a constructor. That is all.

OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whoop whoop!!! Excited.

Like many people, I grew up watching NASCAR. But the constant rules changes they started introducing in the late 2000s just kinda rubbed me the wrong way and I slowly lost interest. Once the switched to the stage racing format I effectively stopped watching altogether.

Just so happens that late 2000s was around the same time I got a DVR, which made watching Formula 1 races as an American substantially easier. The first F1 season I followed closely was just after Ford had left the sport (2005? I think), and I've always hoped Ford would return. Glad to see it!!

I hate to say it... but I have to give Netflix a lot of credit for their Drive to Survive series. That really introduced Formula 1 to a lot of Americans, and I suspect that's one of the main reasons why we soon will have three Grand Prix in the US, and why Ford is willing to go back.

ps. Dear F1 teams— Let Andretti become a constructor. That is all.
Yep! agree with pretty much everything you said here!
Since we're here...here's a nice little infographic of what is coming up this month...

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Ford Bronco Ford to (Re)Enter Formula 1 & 2023 Season Chat 1675449036348

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a big fan of sports car racing vs the demolition derby that frequently passes for sport and been very happy with how F1 coverage has improved over the years. Cool to see Ford re-enter F1. Will be interesting to see how F1 evolves with the likes of Ford, Audi and Porsche all joining in. Will also be interesting to see this season if M-B can bounce back from their simply embarrassing '22 effort, whether Max and Red Bull can continue their dominance and whether Ferrari is really back. Would love to see some competition for P1 for a change!

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F1 is a must watch for me every event.
I just hope that Max and Checo don’t get a bunch of “your build date has moved” and “built waiting to be shipped “ emails

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will be out in Vegas later this year for the race, I dont watch too much F1, mostly IndyCar and Penske since he carries Ford in Nascar.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F1 is a must watch for me every event.
I just hope that Max and Checo don’t get a bunch of “your build date has moved” and “built waiting to be shipped “ emails
Given the nature of F1 it's a bit of a stretch to think that both would still be under contract to Red Bull come 2026, don't you think?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be out in Vegas later this year for the race, I dont watch too much F1, mostly IndyCar and Penske since he carries Ford in Nascar.
LOL, the only N American race I'll need to DVR because . . . midnight (Eastern) starting time! :rolleyes:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Started watching F1 in the 90s on a channel called Speedvision.

I know there were and are many great drivers and it could be because that is what I watched alot but, I am partial to M Schumacher. I would watch him pass people in the rain as if it were dry. That man had balls of titanium.

Still an F1 fan its just not the same as then. I love all the tech involved. I can remember back then they were just starting to experiment with fly by wire. Now every new vehicle built uses fly by wire technology in it.

I still watch faithfully. Glad to see Ford coming back. 😁

Last edited:
OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was personally glad to see a bit of a shake-up last year.
It just gets so boring when the outcome is almost guaranteed to be the same every single race.
So with that being said, I really hope to see Ferrari stick their nose in the MB and RB fight this year.
As long as they can get their strategy and order and avoid some bad luck.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given the nature of F1 it's a bit of a stretch to think that both would still be under contract to Red Bull come 2026, don't you think?
I think Max is a Red Bull for life unless they become uncompetitive. Checo seems to be a great teammate and driving the RB19 is his best chance at winning races. So unless a new young driver come up in their academy, I think those two will be around RB for a few years.

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a casual racing enthusiast. I usually follow the standings, and sometimes catch a race or two. Mostly watch F1 - Indy - GR sports car (Le Mans / Daytona). Try to get to the Long Beach Grand Prix every year. I looked into going to Vegas for F1 this year, but think it will be more entertaining on TV.

It’s interesting that Ford/RB are welcomed as a collaboration, but GM/Andretti has been omitted for now. Andretti has been involved in racing for decades. I don’t know if it is snobby F1 politics, but I am of the idea that if anyone wants to put a team together and they have the financial support, they should be allowed in. It shouldn’t be pick and choose.

I think it would be amazing if there was another current day Ford vs Ferrari rivalry. Best of luck to them both!

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Bronco owner I'm a little hesitant to believe Ford when they say that they are going to do something in 3 years ;)
Sponsored