First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have a running count on how many Broncos Ford has written off between the paint shop and the dealership? Anecdotally, I can remember hearing story tell of at least seven off the top of my head... This is ridiculous.
It makes you wonder how normal it is. Before this ability to communicate experience with these platforms how did we know? No one knows but Iā€™m thinking this is not abnormal. Letā€™s say 10 broncos. Thatā€™s 1 in 5,500. Not good by no means but at a level you probably would not have heard about before social media.
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yā€™all should be getting your broncos at MSRP. Ford/dealer giving one up at MSRP is a joke of a consolation prize. OP should be getting a fat discount for lost time.

Instead, theyā€™re saying ā€œWeā€™re sorry we wrecked your one of a kind ā€œFirst Editionā€ that we canā€™t exactly replace for you. As consolation, we promise not to ā€œF#%$ā€ you on a different Bronco.
JFC. Donā€™t even know where to start with thisā€¦so I wonā€™t.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All of you saying raptorā€¦ not everyone has 70k sitting around for a new vehicle.
I mean I make 100k a year which I think is decent money but I have 3 kids and a wife and in no way could I afford that car lol
Dude, my wife is elevated in the medical profession and I make decent blue collar money. No kids. I don't know how people afford this stuff.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude, my wife is elevated in the medical profession and I make decent blue collar money. No kids. I don't know how people afford this stuff.
I know what you mean, I've worked in IT for 30 years and my wife is in hospital administration, no kids, could we spend $70-100K on a vehicle, sure, but would we? No way.

Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been and will more than likely remain to be my favorite reaction gif. So good, especially knowing the context of his "what the fuck?"

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All of you saying raptorā€¦ not everyone has 70k sitting around for a new vehicle.
I mean I make 100k a year which I think is decent money but I have 3 kids and a wife and in no way could I afford that car lol
He was in on an FE. He had 70k ā€œsitting aroundā€. But thanks for letting us know what you make.

BGBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Welp, after all this waiting... no First Edition for me.

Just got a call from my dealership saying they got a call from Ford today stating that my vehicle was declared a total loss at the factory.

"Something happened between the day it was built and today, where your vehicle was declared a total loss".

They said they cannot give me another first edition, but can have a 22 built for me right away, or a Raptor for MSRP.

VIN doesn't even show up in the system anymore.

bummed out
Make youself some lemonade. You can presell that raptor today Its got to be worth at least $10-$15k.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your FE. Hope it all works out for you. IMO Ford should be giving you a Bronco Raptor for what you were paying for your First Edition.

Last edited:

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one curious how the hell Ford managed to total a 60k+ vehicle before it could even leave the plant?

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...Ford ... said they cannot give me another first edition, but can have a 22 built for me right away, or a Raptor for MSRP.
Ford said...

How the fuck they gonna gaurantee MSRP? "We don't have anything to do with pricing... Talk to your dealer... They're independent businesses and we have no control over them..."

I would want a letter from Jim Farley personally fucking signed guaranteeing 3 things:

- '22 Raptor being sold for MSRP with no ADM, no unagreed to add-ons, not a penny over MSRP
- Your Raptor is delivered to you no later than 60 days after they start production of them
- If either of those two conditions isn't met Ford will cut you a check for the MSRP of your First Edition that they destroyed

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your definition of afford is different than theirs. 84 month payments, you can technically pay for a raptor working the drive thru at McDonaldā€™s!
Sponsored