Ford Trademarks new name "Wolftrak" possible special edition Bronco?

j_marinelli

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Xterra Pro-4X
While its only an aftermarket option from Ford Performance, there is the "Werewolf" cast iron coyote block. 🤔

https://www.dragzine.com/features/p...ance-releases-the-werewolf-iron-coyote-block/

Advertisement

BONESTOCK

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 Lightning w/TKO swap, '04 Procharged Mach 1, '13 F150 RCSB 5.0L, '61 Falcon

j_marinelli

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Xterra Pro-4X
Woah! Didn't know was it's codename!

Confirmed! Bronco to get cast iron Coyote in the Wolftrak version!!!

hhhmmmmmmpphphhhphhhh!!
While there has been plenty of debate about which V8 people would prefer in the Bronco, if I had enough resources, this is the V8 block Id want to build around in a bronco (and my mustang for that matter LOL)

BuckedOff-Road

First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
I bet one of these names will be used for the raptor version. A Bronco Raptor sounds kid of silly.
That's why it's going to be called the "Braptor", brah. It's marketing focuses on those college kids with daddy's money, alternatively it also plays into the rich midlife crisis gentlemen. It's only available with bright colors and a "if you're reading this, flip me over" windshield decal.

Just kidding but I'll still probably buy the best package available. Haha

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI
That's why it's going to be called the "Braptor", brah. It's marketing focuses on those college kids with daddy's money, alternatively it also plays into the rich midlife crisis gentlemen. It's only available with bright colors and a "if you're reading this, flip me over" windshield decal.

Braptor should be reserved the rotary swaps 😁

Adk_st

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Focus ST '57 CHEVY 6400

I'm neither of those, but fully support Braptor. My decal on the back will either be "Just gonna send it" or Full Send 😄

evoaire

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
I’d guess and say, the wolf track is the 2.7 ifs. While the Mtn. goat will get a v8 with SFA.
But keep the names and brands accumulating, you know brands making brands. So it’ll be the Ford Bronco Shelby Wolf track 2.7 turbo. And the Ford Bronco Shelby gt500 Mnt. Goat V8 NA.

guernsej

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
I've seen the term Warthog used around here before. FWIW.
I second Warthog. Rock Monster sticking around as an actual name would be sweet too. Not in love with Wolftrak but wouldn't be the end of the world. Definitely hoping the Raptor version stays Raptor...it's got heritage now.

BHShaman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander

vintage

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I'm guessing it'll be a similar package to the the Ford Ranger Wildtrak. Which is more of a Sport-Luxury package for the Ranger. It would definitely be a very cool looking package for the Bronco. But we might not see it, as the the Ranger Wildtrak is only for the Global market and not sold in the US.
Ford-Ranger-Wildtrak-X-(1-of-21)-(1).jpg

BONESTOCK

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 Lightning w/TKO swap, '04 Procharged Mach 1, '13 F150 RCSB 5.0L, '61 Falcon
I like most of that. But must it be boosted? I'd rather a factory CNG prep package than turbos. Of course, factory CNG prep plus turbos would be fine, too.
Yeah. I couldn't care less for the turbos. But Ford has a boner for them now due to gubment regulations and beating those pesky cafe standards. lol.