First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now I'm thinking if I get a squanch I may have to do some big brush guard with thick round plexiglass pieces over the headlights, just to have a Bubbles edition. Or at least get a front windshield shade with that pic of him on it.
Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! sams

Sponsored

BigBendBruh

Big Bend
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Imagine having the word "wart" on the back of your $90k suv... If I could afford one I would be very upset by this name choice.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are spot on, they are most likely squatting on Warthog so that the other vendors do not beat them to it. In application, they already have hundreds of names that they are holding in perpetuity and one that I am sure they would like to forget. Looking right at you Probe.

Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! sams
Bahahaha

5700089E-B314-4607-B4EA-F693491232D6.gif

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's because you haven't seen me in my war thong.

@North7 is busy invading their offices as we speak for not overtly crediting Bronco6g.com
Talk about "shock and awe"!

Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dang. You could take that thing off road and go hog wild. It certainly wouldn’t be boaring to drive around and if your significant other gets mad you can just tell her to stop swining.

I’ll see myself out. ?
Well, since you bring home the bacon, you get to call the shots! But don't be pig-headed and hog all the fun!

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Motortrend just posted this article...enjoy!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/for...kNGTA2WxvZ-sITV1M-CUD_TJvIp0qx5C5CCAxY9u3ynug

The Warthog? What You Know As the Ford Bronco Raptor May Get New Name
The Blue Oval’s decision to trademark “Warthog” may point to the Bronco lineup's halo model.

September 14, 2020

A recent application by Ford with the United States Patent and Trademark Office is adding fuel to the fire that the most off-road-ready Bronco model will forgo the Raptor nameplate used by its F-150 and (overseas) Ranger pickup siblings and instead bear the name Warthog. That's right, just like the open-roofed military vehicle from the Halo video game franchise. Or Pumbaa from the Lion King movie.

There's no telling if the Warthog name is truly heading to the Bronco, as the application only deems it for, "Land motor vehicles, namely, passenger automobiles, pick-up trucks, sport utility vehicles." That's an admittedly broad list of possible applications.

Nevertheless, internet forums have circulated the possibility of the top-dog Bronco model donning the "Warthog" name for some time now. Although Bronco fans aren't product planners, the fact they've been predicting a name that the Blue Oval only just got around to trademarking does lend credit to the possibility of a future Bronco model bearing the Warthog name.

Whatever it's called, we expect the most hard-core Bronco model to follow much the same trajectory of its F-150 Raptor stablemate. Look for wider fenders, extra ground clearance, beefier springs and shocks, and more power from the SUV. The switch from "Raptor" to "Warthog" nomenclature may suggest a shift in off-road priorities, too, from the former's high-speed desert-runner vibe to a lower-speed, rock-crawler Jeep Wrangler-esque mission. While the most powerful 2021 Bronco packs a twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 with 310 hp under its hood, the Warthog may sport an even larger twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 with at least 350 ponies.

With sales of the 2021 Ford Bronco still some months off, it's unlikely the Bronco Warthog will debut anytime soon. Nevertheless, it's always possible the name finds its way to another Ford vehicle first. If you ask us, Expedition Warthog has a nice ring to it.

Trademark Application:

Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! 5700089E-B314-4607-B4EA-F693491232D6
If I could pick my engine for the Bronco, I'd opt for a turbo diesel.