First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could pick my engine for the Bronco, I'd opt for a turbo diesel.
I agree!
...and in a Warthog, it should also offer Jake braking with a resounding BRRRT!

Sponsored

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree!
...and in a Warthog, it should also for Jake braking with a resounding BRRRT!
You know the diesel rumbling would be a good replacement in lieu of the V8 we arenā€™t getting

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF ITS A 2021 I ILL LOSE MY MIND IN A GOOD WAY!!!

maybe thatā€™s where Grabber Blue and Grabber Lime are hiding?

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just want to see someone once it comes out do this turbo upgrade.
turbocharger-painted-pink-looks-like-peppa-pig.jpg
What you think that pig thing looks like and what I think it looks like are just a tad different lol. The artist was probably like, "Let's take a truck stop stall depiction of a male appendage and turn it into a pig. The adults will get a laugh at least. "

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Warthog .......... I just want to know if Ford's hog will pack the same punch.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
And the first edition just became irrelevant. Such is the car business though.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Motortrend just posted this article...enjoy!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/for...kNGTA2WxvZ-sITV1M-CUD_TJvIp0qx5C5CCAxY9u3ynug

The Warthog? What You Know As the Ford Bronco Raptor May Get New Name
The Blue Ovalā€™s decision to trademark ā€œWarthogā€ may point to the Bronco lineup's halo model.

September 14, 2020

A recent application by Ford with the United States Patent and Trademark Office is adding fuel to the fire that the most off-road-ready Bronco model will forgo the Raptor nameplate used by its F-150 and (overseas) Ranger pickup siblings and instead bear the name Warthog. That's right, just like the open-roofed military vehicle from the Halo video game franchise. Or Pumbaa from the Lion King movie.

There's no telling if the Warthog name is truly heading to the Bronco, as the application only deems it for, "Land motor vehicles, namely, passenger automobiles, pick-up trucks, sport utility vehicles." That's an admittedly broad list of possible applications.

Nevertheless, internet forums have circulated the possibility of the top-dog Bronco model donning the "Warthog" name for some time now. Although Bronco fans aren't product planners, the fact they've been predicting a name that the Blue Oval only just got around to trademarking does lend credit to the possibility of a future Bronco model bearing the Warthog name.

Whatever it's called, we expect the most hard-core Bronco model to follow much the same trajectory of its F-150 Raptor stablemate. Look for wider fenders, extra ground clearance, beefier springs and shocks, and more power from the SUV. The switch from "Raptor" to "Warthog" nomenclature may suggest a shift in off-road priorities, too, from the former's high-speed desert-runner vibe to a lower-speed, rock-crawler Jeep Wrangler-esque mission. While the most powerful 2021 Bronco packs a twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 with 310 hp under its hood, the Warthog may sport an even larger twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 with at least 350 ponies.

With sales of the 2021 Ford Bronco still some months off, it's unlikely the Bronco Warthog will debut anytime soon. Nevertheless, it's always possible the name finds its way to another Ford vehicle first. If you ask us, Expedition Warthog has a nice ring to it.

Trademark Application:

Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! FB_IMG_1600123490298
When I hear "Warthog" I imagine mud not rocks.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry millennial here: The first editions need to be called "Master Chief Edition" Warthogs. Army OD green with a UNSC badge on it.
Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! FB_IMG_1600123490298

This is the way!
I'm not kidding lol. If they want to name their big boy Bronco the "Warthog", Ford better make sure the vehicle lives up to its namesake.
I'm not a millennial and yet - it still better live up to the name..

Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! warthog.0

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it comes with rocket launchers, count me it!

9F1EBAF0-A0F8-4D1A-9F6E-94D2CA3D6524.jpeg

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Motortrend just posted this article...enjoy!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/for...kNGTA2WxvZ-sITV1M-CUD_TJvIp0qx5C5CCAxY9u3ynug

The Warthog? What You Know As the Ford Bronco Raptor May Get New Name
The Blue Ovalā€™s decision to trademark ā€œWarthogā€ may point to the Bronco lineup's halo model.

September 14, 2020

A recent application by Ford with the United States Patent and Trademark Office is adding fuel to the fire that the most off-road-ready Bronco model will forgo the Raptor nameplate used by its F-150 and (overseas) Ranger pickup siblings and instead bear the name Warthog. That's right, just like the open-roofed military vehicle from the Halo video game franchise. Or Pumbaa from the Lion King movie.

There's no telling if the Warthog name is truly heading to the Bronco, as the application only deems it for, "Land motor vehicles, namely, passenger automobiles, pick-up trucks, sport utility vehicles." That's an admittedly broad list of possible applications.

Nevertheless, internet forums have circulated the possibility of the top-dog Bronco model donning the "Warthog" name for some time now. Although Bronco fans aren't product planners, the fact they've been predicting a name that the Blue Oval only just got around to trademarking does lend credit to the possibility of a future Bronco model bearing the Warthog name.

Whatever it's called, we expect the most hard-core Bronco model to follow much the same trajectory of its F-150 Raptor stablemate. Look for wider fenders, extra ground clearance, beefier springs and shocks, and more power from the SUV. The switch from "Raptor" to "Warthog" nomenclature may suggest a shift in off-road priorities, too, from the former's high-speed desert-runner vibe to a lower-speed, rock-crawler Jeep Wrangler-esque mission. While the most powerful 2021 Bronco packs a twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 with 310 hp under its hood, the Warthog may sport an even larger twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 with at least 350 ponies.

With sales of the 2021 Ford Bronco still some months off, it's unlikely the Bronco Warthog will debut anytime soon. Nevertheless, it's always possible the name finds its way to another Ford vehicle first. If you ask us, Expedition Warthog has a nice ring to it.

Trademark Application:

Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! 9F1EBAF0-A0F8-4D1A-9F6E-94D2CA3D6524
Iā€™m certain the setup will be sweet once it arrives, but I personally think the name is terrible. Bronco Warthog just doesnā€™t roll of the tongue very nicely. Maybe itā€™ll sound better to me by the time it releases.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang. You could take that thing off road and go hog wild. It certainly wouldnā€™t be boaring to drive around and if your significant other gets mad you can just tell her to stop swining.

Iā€™ll see myself out. ?
ba-dum-tss
Sponsored