Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't like Wildtrak and unless this new oddball name comes with a damned GAU-8 Avenger it shouldn't be used for a production model.
/oldmanrant
Sponsored

Blksunshine06

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So did we see the "Warthog" a couple of days ago running around under camo?

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should just double down and offer a Master Chief package. Probably some serious trademark infringement but it’s worth the risk :LOL: :cool:

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tenor.gif

Now I just have to decide wether to go with the Gauss or the Turret version.

Fords HALO vehicle might be called Warthog ?. Who was the Master Chief mind behind this. I want to shake his spartan hand.

2247071315_ea525ba88e_b.jpg

mynameismyles657

Badlands
First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didnt Jeep have a Black Ops Wrangler? Ford could totally license the trademarks from Bungie for an officially branded Warthog!

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Motortrend just posted this article...enjoy!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/for...kNGTA2WxvZ-sITV1M-CUD_TJvIp0qx5C5CCAxY9u3ynug

The Warthog? What You Know As the Ford Bronco Raptor May Get New Name
The Blue Oval’s decision to trademark “Warthog” may point to the Bronco lineup's halo model.

September 14, 2020

A recent application by Ford with the United States Patent and Trademark Office is adding fuel to the fire that the most off-road-ready Bronco model will forgo the Raptor nameplate used by its F-150 and (overseas) Ranger pickup siblings and instead bear the name Warthog. That's right, just like the open-roofed military vehicle from the Halo video game franchise. Or Pumbaa from the Lion King movie.

There's no telling if the Warthog name is truly heading to the Bronco, as the application only deems it for, "Land motor vehicles, namely, passenger automobiles, pick-up trucks, sport utility vehicles." That's an admittedly broad list of possible applications.

Nevertheless, internet forums have circulated the possibility of the top-dog Bronco model donning the "Warthog" name for some time now. Although Bronco fans aren't product planners, the fact they've been predicting a name that the Blue Oval only just got around to trademarking does lend credit to the possibility of a future Bronco model bearing the Warthog name.

Whatever it's called, we expect the most hard-core Bronco model to follow much the same trajectory of its F-150 Raptor stablemate. Look for wider fenders, extra ground clearance, beefier springs and shocks, and more power from the SUV. The switch from "Raptor" to "Warthog" nomenclature may suggest a shift in off-road priorities, too, from the former's high-speed desert-runner vibe to a lower-speed, rock-crawler Jeep Wrangler-esque mission. While the most powerful 2021 Bronco packs a twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 with 310 hp under its hood, the Warthog may sport an even larger twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 with at least 350 ponies.

With sales of the 2021 Ford Bronco still some months off, it's unlikely the Bronco Warthog will debut anytime soon. Nevertheless, it's always possible the name finds its way to another Ford vehicle first. If you ask us, Expedition Warthog has a nice ring to it.

Trademark Application:

Ford Bronco Ford trademarks WARTHOG name! 2247071315_ea525ba88e_b

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
That's Just ReTaRdEd!!! Someone should be fired if
they choose this over the Established Raptor Name.

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

br
I agree!
...and in a Warthog, it should also offer Jake braking with a resounding BRRRT!

I second that...BRRRRT!

Bigfoot54

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just saw an article from Road and Track I believe , stating no plans for a V-8. The best we may see is an Ecoboost variant.
Sponsored