Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say I never missed the memory seat until we got them in my wife's odyssey.
I think this is why we have different camps. If you've never had a feature it seems unimportant. Just like a lot of people here say ACC is a must have but I've never had it so it seems pointless to me.
My situation is perfect for the manual seats, once I set them mine will never move again. I'd bet the majority aren't in that situation.
Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't really call it roughing it, just being appropriate to the vehicle style....putting in memory seats and stuff like that in an open-air 4x4 is kind of like putting a battery in a rolex...you just don't do it.
If that is true, why did Ford even bother to make the OBX an option? It’s supposed to be for the buyer who doesn’t plan to go off-road? Why make it street friendly and not offer the creature comforts ppl have grown accustomed to? I blame Ford for all of it..lol

Deleted member 12876

If that’s really a problem, I say have the lawyers draw up the paperwork

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said, I think Ford is trying to get me divorced by not having a memory for the drivers seat. There is nothing on the planet more frustrating than getting in your vehicle with the seat position all messed up and not being able to get it back to perfect. I pleaded with my wife to only move the seat in but it's impossible for her to not touch every single setting.

At some point I'm gonna have to tell her she's never driving it again which will likely result in me LIVING in my Bronco.... Why Ford, Why???

You would think that for what the leather trimmed seat package costs they would have stinking memory seats!
Have you considered a side chick that's around your height?

Just kidding, folks...

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll one day have a Lux BL with leather. Buying a “lux” anything in the automotive world should include memory.

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if you did not understand my post or if I struck a nerve and you are trying to bolster your self-esteem by lashing out and insulting others.

Please explain how my opining that someone who is obviously used to having creature comforts might have missed out on the more visceral experiences of the past before cupholders, heated seats, memory seats, ABS, traction control, and so on is in any way claiming you won't use your Bronco as a rock bashing tool?

The fact that you bemoan something most people would think superficial, especially in an off road focused vehicle, speaks to you enjoying a softer driving experience and that is great for you. Nobody really cares, but if you haven't wrung out a painfully slow, by today's standards, vehicle or heard the secondaries opening up on a giant 4-barrel feeding a big block trying to oversteer you into a ditch, you have honestly missed out. That makes me sad, it really does. I don't pity you, missing out on such things, the world is less raw and more boring as time marches on, but I am sad for you.

Good luck with your memory seat marriage crisis and thanks for the chuckle about you having the pity for me.
I take exception because I don't need you to feel sad for me. You've made assumptions about me and my life experiences based on one single opinion I shared.

I assure you that I have had PLENTY of these visceral experiences:

I know what it's like to have to try and quickly pump manual drum brakes in a semi-panic, desperately trying and stop quickly and without locking up.

I've experienced that first hard acceleration after putting a shift kit in a transmission, anticipating the joy of that first FIRM shift.

I have first hand knowledge of the emotional ups and downs of that first fire-up after an engine rebuilt. Sitting there in the driver's seat listening to it crank over thinking: did I give it enough timing? Is it getting fuel?

My advice, maybe don't put someone in a box before you know anything about them.

Last edited:

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s an expensive vehicle, it’s not a luxury vehicle.
Leather seats can be considered a "luxury item" I think most of us are used to memory seats. I agree with the OP that it's almost a standard feature that I'd have over any heated/cooled seats or steering wheel. I like those options, but the memory seats are a favorite of mine.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anybody suggested that Ford is just trying to get the OP to buy a second Bronco for his wife.
:)

And what the hell is up with all the buzzkills in the thread?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll one day have a Lux BL with leather. Buying a “lux” anything in the automotive world should include memory.
đź’Ł Boom!

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So glad Im single, but c’mon Ford, need a memory seat option for when I take her to the carwash and dealership xD

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you considered a side chick that's around your height?

Just kidding, folks...
I will definitely add that to my list of reasons for needing a side chick!

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sell it, I'm sure someone will buy it. Buy her a minivan they all have power seats. unreal lol

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A couple of disconnections under the seat can solve this without you having to ban your boss, I mean wife.
:unsure::whistle:

Like I said, I think Ford is trying to get me divorced by not having a memory for the drivers seat. There is nothing on the planet more frustrating than getting in your vehicle with the seat position all messed up and not being able to get it back to perfect. I pleaded with my wife to only move the seat in but it's impossible for her to not touch every single setting.

At some point I'm gonna have to tell her she's never driving it again which will likely result in me LIVING in my Bronco.... Why Ford, Why???

You would think that for what the leather trimmed seat package costs they would have stinking memory seats!
Sponsored