Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My advice, maybe don't put someone in a box before you know anything about them.
Great advice. Wish this guy 👇 was taught that as a kid.
Rather I pity you because I doubt you'll do half the things in your Bronco that I will do in mine.
For some, giving advice is more important than following it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LSU_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least you get a power seat option, my $47K Badlands 2 door with high package is all manual seats. I’m 6’4” and my wife is 5’2”, so I feel your pain. The power seats in the Tacoma are painfully slow for me to wait for when standing in the rain, at least with a manual seat I can fling it back and hop in.
Yesssss this made me mad when I got the Lux package on my 2 door leather badlands only to realize that I still didnt have power seats. :/

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great advice. Wish this guy 👇 was taught that as a kid.

For some, giving advice is more important than following it.
That was more of a "turn about is fair play" response to prove my point.

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't really call it roughing it, just being appropriate to the vehicle style....putting in memory seats and stuff like that in an open-air 4x4 is kind of like putting a battery in a rolex...you just don't do it.
I get what you're saying but that ship has already sailed with power leather seats, heated steering wheel, 12" in dash display...

If you don't want those options, fine get a base, but that doesn't mean I don't want them or shouldn't have them.

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wait a sec, you don't get memory seats, even with High or Lux? Our 2000 Volvo wagon has memory seats.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read somewhere at some point Ford may build a luxury model like the Range Rover for people who say they want a Bronco but would be better off in a Lincoln Aviator or a BMW X series. Maybe a Chevy Traverse? You know a mall crawler with memory seats...IT IS NOT A LUXURY CROSSOVER! IT'S A SERIOUS OFF ROADER! I had an original Bronco which barely had heat, lots of noise and that's about it. I also had 1994 and 1996 Eddie Bauers. No power seats, memory seats, no heated steering wheel, no mini roof antennas. In all three you got a 4X4 truck.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
I've had 7 Broncos, including a 75 and a 79, I am well aware with what what options they had and what they didn't. There wasn't a nut or bolt that I didn't touch on that 75. I get being spartan is classic, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be modern options too. I also absolutely agree that it is a 4x4 truck meant to be used off road. Mine has and will be. That's doesn't mean it can't have convenience as well.

BTW Broncos did have leather seats as an option and while they weren't power seats, they had a power lumbar option (for comfort).
Ford Bronco Ford trying to end my marriage with no memory drivers seat 1637694680410

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like I said, I think Ford is trying to get me divorced by not having a memory for the drivers seat. There is nothing on the planet more frustrating than getting in your vehicle with the seat position all messed up and not being able to get it back to perfect. I pleaded with my wife to only move the seat in but it's impossible for her to not touch every single setting.

At some point I'm gonna have to tell her she's never driving it again which will likely result in me LIVING in my Bronco.... Why Ford, Why???

You would think that for what the leather trimmed seat package costs they would have stinking memory seats!
My kingdom for not having to live with shitty 2005 technologies.

Oh the terrible things Ford forces upon those stupid enough to buy it's products these days. You almost had me, Ford.... Almost. I'm out!

mj21_OBBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like I said, I think Ford is trying to get me divorced by not having a memory for the drivers seat. There is nothing on the planet more frustrating than getting in your vehicle with the seat position all messed up and not being able to get it back to perfect. I pleaded with my wife to only move the seat in but it's impossible for her to not touch every single setting.

At some point I'm gonna have to tell her she's never driving it again which will likely result in me LIVING in my Bronco.... Why Ford, Why???

You would think that for what the leather trimmed seat package costs they would have stinking memory seats!
just buy two Broncos.... problem solved.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

:LOL: That’s ok, my wife complained that it didn’t have telescopic steering wheel and adjustable pedals.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't stand power seats (sooo slooow) but agree, if they don't have memory they are even more annoying in a car with different size drivers. Especially if the forward/backward part is powered and you stand in the rain pressing a button so you can at least sit in the seat if the smaller driver was last. Can't cost much to add that feature and tie it to the fob so mirrors etc adjust too. A dumb oversight IMO, the cost would have just been rolled into the price of the seats anyway.

As for all the "manly men" with real rust and no power steering or breaks and real rocks and all that other chest thumping...., thanks for the laughs, LOL.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get another one for your wife, problem solved😁

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we've learned nothing from this whole ordering process it's whatever we want we get the opposite. But seriously, why didn't they just do 2 basic stripped down trims, a 2 door and a 4 door and let everyone build exactly what they wanted. They probably would have made more money because we would have had nothing to compare our trim to so we would have kept adding options.
logistical nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It should have been an option included in the lux package for sure.
Sponsored