Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi all, I'm not sure if they announced it or if someone has any info (I'm not able to find any on here or the web) but will ford be using those horrible two piece lugnuts that swell after 3 years and become a PITA to take on and off? I recently replaced the ones on my focus after I could not get 7 of them on the studs with the socket wrench, even got out the impact gun. I am curious if anyone knows the sizes and seat types for the bronco, as I would like to replace them the day I bring my bronco home as a form of preventive maintenance. Also I am curious if anyone else on here has had bad experiences with ford lug nuts.
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, I'm not sure if they announced it or if someone has any info (I'm not able to find any on here or the web) but will ford be using those horrible two piece lugnuts that swell after 3 years and become a PITA to take on and off? I recently replaced the ones on my focus after I could not get 7 of them on the studs with the socket wrench, even got out the impact gun. I am curious if anyone knows the sizes and seat types for the bronco, as I would like to replace them the day I bring my bronco home as a form of preventive maintenance. Also I am curious if anyone else on here has had bad experiences with ford lug nuts.
Yup, I hate the Ford nuts as well. I replace them all with solid nuts as soon as one shows signs of deformity. Otherwise, they can be a real pain when the outer shell breaks off. Not sure why Ford insists on using them.

JackAndKoke24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the way to Vegas from LA, I hit a nasty pothole that put a big gash in the sidewall on my wife's Escape. I could not get the lug nuts off to put on the spare. Had to drive to a tire shop in the middle of a desert on the flat then wait 2 hours until the shop had an open slot to finally put on the spare. Once in Vegas at another tire shop, I got new tires and new lug nuts. The mechanic had to hammer on the socket then attach the air impact wrench to zip it off and repeat for every lug nut.

The new lug nuts only cost about $20 for the whole set for all 4 wheels. I will do the same as Trustable and replace the lug nuts the day I get my Bronco.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the same topic, does anyone have a lug nut that they recommend? I have yet to find a good aftermarket one that won’t rust right away with the beautiful salt filled winters we have here.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the same topic, does anyone have a lug nut that they recommend? I have yet to find a good aftermarket one that won’t rust right away with the beautiful salt filled winters we have here.
Samsies! Always used Gorilla lugs but yep after a couple winters they start to look like hell. But then I see this on their site..
Ford Bronco Ford two piece lugnuts on the bronco? 1602767730972

Which means they'll still rust and probably make you jump through hoops for a exchange :mad:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Samsies! Always used Gorilla lugs but yep after a couple winters they start to look like hell. But then I see this on their site..
Ford Bronco Ford two piece lugnuts on the bronco? 1602767730972

Which means they'll still rust and probably make you jump through hoops for a exchange :mad:
Yea I have used Gorilla and they rusted after the first season. Didn’t know about their warranty though but like you said they probably are like most companies and will claim you did something to make it rust? I don’t understand why it’s so hard for companies to make good, non rusting life nuts. I get that the solvent they put on the roads is horrible for metals but still there has to be some company out there that doesn’t source their crap metal from China. Maybe not though?‍♂

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I sure hope not, but if they do I'll have some solid nuts waiting at home the day I buy the thing.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
what’s sad is that my 2008 mustang gt500 has those same crap lug nuts. I bought a solid acorn style set off eBay a few years ago and they still work. I also live in the desert so no rust. If the bronco comes with cap style lug nuts I’m changing them out ASAP.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

first thing I do toss those POS. get Gorillas

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn’t even know these were a thing, it’s been decades since I owned a Ford. It sounds like something I will have to fix before I get frustrated when I need to get something done.
Sponsored