Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you look at the off road baja bronco ford introduced sometime ago had a four digit race number on its sides, if you interpret that number as a date then the intro maybe June 9, 2020.
Yep, that was the leading forum theory late last year/early this year. Then they moved the reveal to March because of pent up demand. Now I'm betting they're moving to whatever their original reveal date was going to be - possibly June 9th.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Figure there’s a decent chance of a small to no delay.
We should all absolutely be hoping for a day for day slip. You cannot turn off the office lights, send people to work from home and expect the same efficiently, let alone the inability to have access to the production floor for development work.

If the Bronco team is not allowed enough time to iron out all the Bronco bugs we will be left with episode 2020 Explorer introduction 2.0.

(Otherwise during the post-mortem software review of what went wrong the chief coder will say, I thought it was a zero, not a 1, I guess it was baby formula on my home computer screen o_O)

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FORD'S NEW ANNOUNCEMENT! Bronco debut scheduled for this Spring, but only if the Groundhog sees his shadow.
Ford Bronco Ford Update: 2021 Bronco Will Have Its World Debut This Spring groundhog-day-1-pennsylvania

Last edited:

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if this new “virus killing feature” Fords CEO spoke of on Apr 17th will make it into the Bronco. More reason to get the Bronco out to the people soon!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...ars-will-be-built-to-kill-viruses-51587119401

“On how the virus might change vehicles:
Surfaces will have to have micro structures that can’t hold viruses. These things are there. They’re nano-level structures that are in the fabrics. You can’t feel them, but if you had a microscope, they’d look like you’re putting a virus on top of arrows. The virus can’t live. The surface punctures it, literally.”

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
THE BAD NEWS FOR THE BRONCO RELEASE: The Groundhog did not see it's shadow

THE GOOD NEWS FOR THE BRONCO RELEASE: It makes no difference - since if the Groundhog does not see its shadow Punxy Phil is predicting an early Spring with less than 6 more weeks of winter - today is April 18 - 11 weeks since Groundhog Day - and Punxy has 5 inches of snow on the ground

Sponsored

Vandal

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Scout 80, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you look at the off road baja bronco ford introduced sometime ago had a four digit race number on its sides, if you interpret that number as a date then the intro maybe June 9, 2020.
went back to check out those pics again. great one with the eras side by side. thought I’d post it here for everybody else to enjoy

EFD4DCB9-445F-42AE-B2DF-49A86BB75F3A.jpeg

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

April 17, 2020, 2:37 PM CDT
Ford Warns Tornado May Disrupt Output of F-150 and Cash-Cow SUVs
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...may-disrupt-output-of-f-150-and-cash-cow-suvs

Ford Motor Co. is warning of significant damage wreaked by a tornado in South Carolina this week that knocked out a BorgWarner Inc. auto-parts plant supplying a key component for the automaker’s most profitable models.

The Seneca, South Carolina, parts factory makes transfer cases, an important component of four-wheel-drive systems that Ford uses in its F-150 pickup, its biggest moneymaker, as well profitable sport-utility vehicles such as the Explorer and Lincoln Navigator, the automaker said Friday in a securities filing.

“We do not have sufficient information to estimate when the facility will be back online or whether, or the extent to which, this incident will impact our plans to resume production of four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive vehicles,” Ford said.

BorgWarner’s plant, one of its largest drivetrain manufacturing facilities, was struck by a tornado on April 13 and the company said it’s still assessing the extent of the damage. “Currently, the time to resume operations, partially or in full, cannot be estimated,” the parts maker said in its own filing Thursday.
In this followup news release from Ford on Friday, after ChrispyKC gave us a heads up, it seems pretty clear the 2021 Bronco will become the 2022 Bronco.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the 2021 Bronco will become the 2022 Bronco.
Logical thought. Ford seems to be in a perfect storm of shit flying from every direction. Makes me wonder about the 'spring' reveal. Admin posted that forum notice just yesterday...3 days or so After the Seneca storm. If Job #1 was slipping to March-ish or later would they try to keep the hype alive that long??

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In this followup news release from Ford on Friday, after ChrispyKC gave us a heads up, it seems pretty clear the 2021 Bronco will become the 2022 Bronco.
Why not a 2021 1/2 ........ like the first Mustang.... ?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm an hour away from that plant....from these plant photos, they look to have been hit pretty hard

Ford Bronco Ford Update: 2021 Bronco Will Have Its World Debut This Spring 1587242523625

Ford Bronco Ford Update: 2021 Bronco Will Have Its World Debut This Spring 1587242555376

Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pandemic? Tornados? What’s next? Tsunamis or a swarm of locusts? God does not want me to have this truck. I can’t even go to my church to light a candle. But then again I might accidentally set the place on fire and cause an inferno the likes of which we haven’t seen since Sodom and Gomorrah

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pandemic? Tornados? What’s next? Tsunamis or a swarm of locusts? God does not want me to have this truck. I can’t even go to my church to light a candle. But then again I might accidentally set the place on fire and cause an inferno the likes of which we haven’t seen since Sodom and Gomorrah
I'm an Okie. We've seen it all. Tornadoes are common, earthquakes are getting that way, blizzards are not unheard of, and we've even had a hurricane.

We can recover from anything. Just gotta sack up and git r done.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not a 2021 1/2 ........ like the first Mustang.... ?
2021 1/2 WOULD be a December job 1.
Most 2021 models (would have) been hitting dealers in August. Not January/February like the Bronco was on track to do.

the mustang was in a different time. Back when model years more lined up with actual years. Now it’s basically Q4/ Fall marks the start of the model year.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this rate, don't care how it's revealed, just wanna see if this is what I want or if I'm gonna stick with Mopar

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Ford were smart they'd actually spin this into the marketing. "Rainstorms, Tornadoes, Pandemics, all threatened to put the Bronco project out of production, but we soldiered on. The only thing stronger than our resolve is the truck we resolved to make. The New Ford Bronco, built Ford Tough."
Sponsored