Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Leveraged share repos are responsible for 1/3 of S&P gains — at a MINIMUN — since the financial crisis. We are in a new ball game now.

Long market index and overweight Ford stock — there you go. Ford is cheap now; the market has attributed more risk to it than will be realized.

At the same time, I am a seller of FCA and neutral on GM.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Leveraged share repos are responsible for 1/3 of S&P gains — at a MINIMUN — since the financial crisis. We are in a new ball game now.

Long market index and overweight Ford stock — there you go. Ford is cheap now; the market has attributed more risk to it than will be realized.

At the same time, I am a seller of FCA and neutral on GM.
I’m just curious if the stock market is disconnected enough from reality to hit ATH’s while unemployment is 15%+.

I’m personally not thinking so but I’ve been wrong before.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
stock market is disconnected enough from reality
it's ALWAYS disconnected from reality....TODAY's reality anyway. Its a forward looking indicator. And there aren't many attractive alternatives in the global equity space. In term of fixed income, the US ten-year is a shade over half a percent...and the Senate today is encouraging states to explore bankruptcy, so their paper is a little iffy as well.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We are in a new ball game now.
Every crash brings the "New Normal" and prognosticators saying they have the future all figured out. That is why a broad market fund averages out the winners and losers and rewards the patient investor with a nice retirement. To say it another way, some of us pay cash for our Bronco and some make payments.

• Active managers who claim that they would do better during periods of heightened volatility are going to have to find another argument.
  • For the ninth consecutive year, the majority (64.49 percent) of large-cap funds lagged the S&P 500 last year.
  • After 10 years, 85 percent of large cap funds underperformed the S&P 500, and after 15 years, nearly 92 percent are trailing the index.
Active fund managers trail the S&P 500 for the ninth year in a row in triumph for indexing
"Nearly nine out of 10 targeted funds underperform their respective benchmark index over the long run."
Why Are Fund Managers So Awful at Their Job?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
it's ALWAYS disconnected from reality....TODAY's reality anyway. Its a forward looking indicator. And there aren't many attractive alternatives in the global equity space. In term of fixed income, the US ten-year is a shade over half a percent...and the Senate today is encouraging states to explore bankruptcy, so their paper is a little iffy as well.
That’s what makes this so interesting to me. I feel like the market is going to get pumped like crazy not due to fundamentals but from literally everything else being undesirable. (Including cash if our boy J-pow keeps printing) but at the same time I feel like that’s a house of cards.

I think honestly the long term effect of this is going to be the destruction of small business in the U.S. I just don’t see small retail or restaurants surviving this.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think honestly the long term effect of this...
I hear'ya....but I read today that reservations are booming for 2021 cruises. Now...I don't know if the base price includes burial at sea if you don't make it back - but things may get back semi-normal quicker than you think.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear'ya....but I read today that reservations are booming for 2021 cruises. Now...I don't know if the base price includes burial at sea if you don't make it back - but things may get back semi-normal quicker than you think.
I saw burial at sea is included, you'll have to pay to bring your body back

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what does the other end of that url look like?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
what does the other end of that url look like?
From what he’s said the dealership info they’re sending out is basically stuff we already know
Sponsored