Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what is a "configurator"? Is that options/packages AND pricing?

Can we at least get the options and packages that will be available on the different trims? White tops, black tops, soft tops? And an accurate representation of the colors??

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What a s--t show.

Now I need to stay here on my porch drinking beer and reading the meltdown instead of putting up storm shutters. Because , you know, priorities.....

Sponsored

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand it is disappointing, especially after so many "sources" said it would go live in August, but I think everyone needs to stop overreacting and chill out.

In the auto industry, most "Build and Price" tools go online a few months prior to launch. This is when the prices, options and buildable configurations are finalized. In a few instances, companies will release some pricing info several months ahead (like the Bronco, Mach-E, etc...) but final option pricing is still being decided.

For reference, the F-150, which comes out this Fall still does not have it's "Build and Price" tool up. The Mach-1 which has similar timing does not have it up either.

I wish it was a tad earlier so I could spend more time going through my options before finalizing my build in December with the dealer. At the same time, it's ridiculous to be so upset you're going to cancel a reservation.

Last edited:

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a joke. How did we go from August to December for build and price?

If they launch the build and price without the price portion, that doesn't do alot of people any good and to my knowledge, Ford has never done this anyways.
Ford is probably trying figure out how much they can price the packages at so they can gouge us for all they can get away with.

You know, turn a $42k outer banks into a $70k vehicle once its fully loaded. Then when you complain about the price they can say "hey, you should have gotten a limited edition. You could have had it fully loaded and gotten a discount"

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what is a "configurator"? Is that options/packages AND pricing?

Can we at least get the options and packages that will be available on the different trims? White tops, black tops, soft tops? And an accurate representation of the colors??
configurator is the website lego set that lets you build your bronco with live graphics and pictures

they have a configurator with the sport on the website now

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is probably trying figure out how much they can price the packages at so they can gouge us for all they can get away with.

You know, turn a $42k outer banks into a $70k vehicle once its fully loaded. Then when you complain about the price they can say "hey, you should have gotten a limited edition. You could have had it fully loaded and gotten a discount"
OR they’re listening to people and realizing there’s more details to be sorted out before they can launch it.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp, that answers the question "will Ford screw this up?".

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

I was about to post the exact same thing. It feels like they are trying to draw it out then smack us with insane pricing for the packages/options.

They got all the "Hype" with the starting at $28,500 pricing, then now when they go live it is going to be crazy for any add on.

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand it is disappointing, especially after so many "sources" said it would go live in August, but I think everyone needs to stop overreacting and chill out.

In the auto industry, most "Build and Price" tools go online a few months prior to launch. This is when the prices, options and buildable configurations are finalized. In a few instances, companies will release some pricing info several months ahead (like the Bronco, Mach-E, etc...) but final option pricing is still being decided.

For reference, the F-150, which comes out this Fall still does not have it's "Build and Price" tool up. The Mach-1 which has similar timing does not have it up either.

I wish it was a tad earlier so I could spend more time going through my options before finalizing my build in December with the dealer. At the same time, it's ridiculous to so upset you're going to cancel a reservation.
But the fact we have to lock in a dealer in October puts those with reservations in a tough position. I suppose there is the opportunity to make a change at order as well, at least as I understand it thus far.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.