First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t figure out why in hell would it take that long to build out a configuration on their website. Most of these options are on other ford platforms with the exception of a few like Sasquatch, they aren’t reinventing the friggin wheel, I’m not saying I need this done by August but it needs to be done before Ford forces their customers into a relationship with their dealers by Oct. 31. Call me old fashioned but I like to marinate on a financial obligation of 40k plus, check options and trims and compare what I want vs why I need vs my actual budget...
Ford, ur killin’ me

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many posts on this thread thinking the delay might be tied to recent feedback on this thread. Carmaker1 poured cold water on that in a different thread today:

toymaster said:
I don't believe you. The interior design has not been finished as of yet. If you see one in the wild it is a prototype. For those who are not familiar with 2 doors, you have no F'n room if the back seat is in place. The final design may indeed be a fold down, which would work but I would be extremely shocked if the seat was not designed to be entirely removed without any tools.
Carmaker1: That is absolutely inaccurate. It doesn't work like that at all, in which at this point in time the interior design would not be finished. Prototype may not represent the exact final configurations (on display), but U725 interior designs have been frozen for more than a year.

These things have to be decided early on and fully locked in more than a year-and-a-half out to 2 years out at least. Stuff like this isn't happening anymore or do not even expect a launch within the next 18 months. It's already done.

I also really would suggest that people refrain from assuming that something design wise wouldn't be finished, because design freezes do need to be implemented much earlier on than simple stuff like option configurations.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is it we seemingly have 3 contradictary tweets all on the same day. Am I missing something?
Maybe he fucked up when he said just December. Literally says WELL before ordering. So it isn't August... But we'll before December

Mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To be fair, the Sport configurator is very basic.. You select your model, select the +up package for that model (or not) and then just add towing, 360 sensor, roof rack, etc. There's a dearth of real choice beyond color.

So it's a lot simpler than the potential fleet of options that the full size Bronco has.
Exactly, the Sport has a lot less options, so Bronco owners have more choice and a much more involved configuration. I don’t have a reservation and was going to wait until 2022 anyway. It is a bit haphazard how things are reported but the vehicle is what counts and ina few years looking back this will be forgotten and background noise.

Last edited:

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think this is the definition of "First World Problem" Lol :eek:

I can build and price a sweet F-350 in about 10 minutes, nothing to see here.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I won’t be surprised with Ford if ordering gets delayed too... for them that would make sense..
And when they start building them let's hope it goes better than their latest Explorer disaster.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry but Ford should have had this all fleshed out when they started taking reservations. All the vehicle testing, the build and price tool, pricing for the packages, etc. should have been done upon the official debut. Why reveal an unfinished work of art? I love the Bronco, and I will have one, but Ford's execution has been shoddy. The hype will almost be completely gone by the time these essential details finally come to light. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Retraction and half of the original overstated estimate in 3, 2, 1 ...

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In all fairness, the reason people thought it was August was because someone heard that from a conference call from someone else. There was never an official public date of August. The August date was just hearsay to begin with.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a car. Your dad isn't in the ICU. Your kid didn't just get knocked-up. Your dog didn't just bite a personal injury attorney in the crotch.

It's a car.

Take a deep breath and

re mother-effin lax.
LOL... but what else is there to obsess over when most of us haven’t left the house in weeks for more than groceries or scenery. We’re freakin’ our, man!

Ford Bronco Ford Update: Bronco Build & Price coming in **SEPTEMBER** with ordering in December 1596403771031

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Many posts on this thread thinking the delay might be tied to recent feedback on this thread. Carmaker1 poured cold water on that in a different thread today:

toymaster said:

Carmaker1: That is absolutely inaccurate. It doesn't work like that at all, in which at this point in time the interior design would not be finished. Prototype may not represent the exact final configurations (on display), but U725 interior designs have been frozen for more than a year.

These things have to be decided early on and fully locked in more than a year-and-a-half out to 2 years out at least. Stuff like this isn't happening anymore or do not even expect a launch within the next 18 months. It's already done.

I also really would suggest that people refrain from assuming that something design wise wouldn't be finished, because design freezes do need to be implemented much earlier on than simple stuff like option configurations.
You are correct. Ford is not "listening in" to this Forum to make last minute production changes that take years to plan and implement. Think supply chain. What you are seeing is a hiccup which may be followed by poor smelling gas. This just shows poor management at many different levels.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Status
Not open for further replies.