Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnt make my reservation until Tuesday morning after the reveal. I hope this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and makes half yall in front of me to cancel your reservations. Damn yall need to take a deep breath and sit a play or two out. I went through this with the 2015 Mustang. Half the people will keep bitching about it and then buy one anyways and be absolutely in love with it and say it was so worth the wait. It will get here when it gets here guys.
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He does seem to run communications for Ford, so he probably has some base level of knowledge

Levine Ford.JPG
So if you are the North America Product Communications Manager, and you don't believe in any form of communication other than smug tweets, shouldn't someone reconsider how this position fits in with 'communication'.

Do they realize probably 50% of the Bronco reservation holders don't tweet? i.e. Gen X and older?

What happened to good ol' press releases, emails, website updates?

Take care of your customer base and THEY will be your best marketing.

BunkieDuster69

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 3.6 OB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdeedoo,
Considering the current scheduling, ordering and production constraints brought forth from this pandemic- I think Ford is doing a stand up job than most corps at present.
The excitement shown within this forum for the long awaited Bronco return - engineered with modern tech, and standout solid retro form.... is certain to hold double in pride for all Ford affiliates responsible to bring the end product to market ASAP AND with Refinement design constraints ironed out.
1 change in design requires commitment from multiple third party manufacturers/ material suppliers- both domestic and import sourced all slowed by covid at present.
December it is then... I assure Ford has both ours and corporate interest in mind; the smart play would be to announce a later date (Dec) and open configurator site earlier ( November).

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's false dichotomy and a poor analogy then - it supposes that our only options are to be able to order, price, and receive a "not ready for prime time" vehicle in a timely fashion or to continue to be met with delays in order to receive a fully functioning vehicle. Or in the baby analogy: Would you prefer a 28 week premie or an induced pregnancy at 43 weeks?

Let's suppose, just for a moment, that a 3rd option exists: FoCo could actually get it's crap together, hire a competent web designer, provide clear and consistent messaging to it's potential consumers, and actually deliver a 2021 vehicle within the calendar year for those that want one.

How much confidence does anyone have regarding the 3rd option at this point?
So you read his baby analogy and thought: you're saying there are only two ways, but there's actually a third: Ford could do better. You sir (to him) are making a false dichotomy! OK, then i'm calling your interpretation a false tricotomy because, hey, there's a fourth choice: abort. And by that I mean cancel your reservation.

This is starting to feel very pedantic Doc. But a nice distraction nonetheless. Here's my analogy of how far this relationship has progressed (please adjust the pronouns as needed):

She finally agreed to dinner and you reserved a table. Can you believe is cost $100? You missed the chalkboard of specials near the entrance, so she gives you the gist of it. The details, she insists, will be on the menus which aren't even out. The waiter is inattentive and hasn't taken your drink order. But your date is looking good so you chose to not care. Plus, being rude seldom expedites things.

Nate

Last edited:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my guesstimate on my build. I think it will be pretty close, but who knows.

44,600....................4-Door Badlands
4,000.......................Lux Package Upgrade
3,000.......................2.7 / 10 Speed
1,500........................Sasquatch
1,500........................Color Matched Hardtop
500...........................Towing Package

55,100.....................Total MSRP
If that’s the case, I’d be happy. I’d be surprised if getting to lux cost only $3,000. That’s a lot of upgrades coming all the way from the bottom.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does dealer selection have to do with pricing exactly?? I just don’t get why so many people are hung up on this, unless you think the dealer is gonna do something to the pricing, it’s otherwise irrelevant. And if you are worried about that find a better dealer.
A lot of dealers won’t commit to how much they will charge until the see msrp. They can say the demand exceeds msrp once they see msrp. And they could be correct.

If your at a dealer that is msrp or higher one would want to change dealers.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a feeling that in the end, this will be the first option to fall off the needs list when the price is revealed.
Maybe, or maybe a lot of cancelled orders. There will be severe negativity in the press and twitterverse if the price is outrageous. Not giving people enough time to come to terms with prices and make informed and rational decisions could blow up in their face.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you are the North America Product Communications Manager, and you don't believe in any form of communication other than smug tweets, shouldn't someone reconsider how this position fits in with 'communication'.

Do they realize probably 50% of the Bronco reservation holders don't tweet? i.e. Gen X and older?

What happened to good ol' press releases, emails, website updates?

Take care of your customer base and THEY will be your best marketing.
Gen X and older don't tweet? Okay. Incorrect, but okay.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First, AFAIK this December timeline for the build and price has been tweeted/published by Levine at least twice now within the last week. However, there has been no actual Ford published “August” date except for the “configurator” - in one of his earlier tweets late last week/early this week Levine seemed to draw a distinction between the “configurator” (which he said would be soon or August) and the “Build & Price” tool which he mentioned would be December. I can’t find this tweet but it’s out there ....

The August timeline seemed to stem from THIS:
Ford Bronco Ford Update: Bronco Build & Price coming in **SEPTEMBER** with ordering in December 7D96E1D6-39FE-4424-81DE-5BD98B4FAD40

.... and even this does not say “build AND price” and is also NOT a verified Ford published piece of information. It’s forum speculation.

On FRIDAY (Two days ago) FORD from a different outlet in the company said THIS In the twitter Q&A Twitter thread:
Ford Bronco Ford Update: Bronco Build & Price coming in **SEPTEMBER** with ordering in December 8F461524-7A16-40B2-9236-822A8CFE50A3

All the actual communication from Ford has referenced “fall/December” the ONLY place I’ve been able to see anything about August was from the forum post (above) citing a “high up marketing” source. That is not the same thing as Ford, Inc.

Anyway, just thought I’d point that out.

No sense getting upset when Ford has only ever publicly said “fall/December.” If anyone has a screenshot of an actual Ford employee on twitter or IG or FB or Mortortrend or Ford.com publishing/being actually, name-attributed quoted as saying anything about August, please post it! ?

Otherwiseit just doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal .... yet. ?‍♂

JK

Last edited:

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my guesstimate on my build. I think it will be pretty close, but who knows.

44,600....................4-Door Badlands
4,000.......................Lux Package Upgrade
3,000.......................2.7 / 10 Speed
1,500........................Sasquatch
1,500........................Color Matched Hardtop
500...........................Towing Package

55,100.....................Total MSRP
There is NO way a maxed out badlands is going to cost the starting cost of a wildtrak. Think AT LEAST 5k more

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think people here are more upset about locking in a dealer by Oct. 31st before they know the prices.

I am disappointed that Ford is doing this. Hype is real and this is going to discourage a lot of people. Keep the hype moving by releasing pricing in Oct at the least. I'm not gonna cancel my reservation, but I will be hitting up my dealer before Oct. 31st to see if they can see pricing.
I think there are 2 issues here and a lot of people are trying to turn it into just one. How does knowing the price of the Bronco help you decide on a dealer? The thing you really want to know is what will the dealer try to do when it's time to sign paperwork. Will they try to add things on? Will they want a high doc fee? Will they try to jack you on your trade? Will they charge a high interest rate? You need to pre qualify your dealer and expect the best price you will get is MSRP. That won't change if you know the price today or the day you take delivery.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there are 2 issues here and a lot of people are trying to turn it into just one. How does knowing the price of the Bronco help you decide on a dealer? The thing you really want to know is what will the dealer try to do when it's time to sign paperwork. Will they try to add things on? Will they want a high doc fee? Will they try to jack you on your trade? Will they charge a high interest rate? You need to pre qualify your dealer and expect the best price you will get is MSRP. That won't change if you know the price today or the day you take delivery.
It’s not about us knowing the pricing it’s about the dealer knowing it. Locking a dealer before we know how they will respond to the pricing is insane.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.