Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine the online build tool up and running next week ... :) That would be something !
This being said, If I was Ford haha. I would rush the online build tool with all the information that I have available with warning and notice on the one I don't. We are reasonable and would understand a price with TBD.. to be determined or .. subject to change ...
Sponsored

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just watched the documentary about the release of the 2015 mustang called "A faster horse". I recommend watching it as it gives all of us some insight as to what they are going through with this launch as well. On the mustang a 1 mm too long driveshaft caused an unforseen vibration due to all the camouflage dampening body harmonics. I can only imagine what they are dealing with on the Bronco team. They have a billion dollars on the line with every model release. That being said, I need the build and price before I can commit.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you’re right with this, but Im not sure. I think this is just the leather seats away from the first edition which is 62k. I think that makes this a 60k build.
You could easily be correct.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if this were an OB build, lux will be less than $3k, since mid is standard. I think Sasquatch will be $3-4k.
I hope so. That’d be very reasonable. I’m a bit pessimistic about it though.
lux from standard is going to be like 6k+. People just have pie in the sky expectations and theres going to be a lot of disappointment when pricing goes live. 4-door Fe was like 63k? Expect a loaded badlands to be very similar.
Hey, all I did was correct your badly informed post. ??‍♂

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would rather they take the time to get everything right, no worries on my end.

I already know what upgrades I want anyways. When the pricing comes out I’ll strip out what I can live without dependent on the pricing. I have plans and back up plans! At this point I can’t think about it anymore until it’s time to order haha.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did it get tool get pushed out?

Configurator is a dealer not customer tool

The 3rd twit on there first post stated it but was glossed over for effect.

Following twitter may be hazardous to ones psyche?
Some auto manufacturers call their online build set up configurator.
3CBF939D-B942-40B6-9635-383221FA6B74.jpeg

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Put a $1k deposit down today for a 2021 Rivian R1T.
Honestly, might get it before a Bronco is on a lot.
I’d get the SUV before the truck.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When did it get tool get pushed out?

Configurator is a dealer not customer tool

The 3rd twit on there first post stated it but was glossed over for effect.

Following twitter may be hazardous to ones psyche?
I went back and re-read that Twitter exchange after your post saying we might have glossed over something. Makes sense and I noticed “configurator” was used instead of “build and price”.

I guess in the end, he probably would’ve been better off just not tweeting. Who knows.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well then maybe he should either be clear with his terminology or not say anything. He is in complete control of what he responds to.

He does the Ford brand no favors. He alienates as many people as he ‘engages’.
You may be right that Mike nor Ford promised configurator to go live in August, but there were some reliable sources that stated it being said. It has been a long-standing assumption that Mike was surely aware of and if he really cared, he could have set the record straight early and avoided the uproar. I'll eat my crow on assuming it was an official statement, but I stand by them handling this very poorly and they should be made aware if they are not. This would be the premise of the email to them.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How is it we seemingly have 3 contradictary tweets all on the same day. Am I missing something?
Maybe he fucked up when he said just December. Literally says WELL before ordering. So it isn't August... But we'll before December
Ford Bronco Ford Update: Bronco Build & Price coming in **SEPTEMBER** with ordering in December 1596416600096

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Richtor I totally understand that, I am far from new to the game...

That being said the car business like many others has a language of its it's own.

If you go back and look at the first 3 twits (yes that is what I call tweets) you will see the differentiation.

Mike should not be leaving things like that in the air, however I think he just answers correctly but without total context.

Last edited:

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be right that Mike nor Ford promised configurator to go live in August, but there were some reliable sources that stated it being said. It has been a long-standing assumption that Mike was surely aware of and if he really cared, he could have set the record straight early and avoided the uproar. I'll eat my crow on assuming it was an official statement, but I stand by them handling this very poorly and they should be made aware if they are not. This would be the premise of the email to them.
The dealer tool will not be live till Dec. It is the configurator.,.the build & price has no schedule change yet..

The dealer side of Ford was down today for updates. Hopefully b&p on this update.

But I will not hold my breath

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I totally understand that, I am far from new to the game...

That being said the car business like many others has a language of its it's own.

If you go back and look at the first 3 twits (yes that is what I call tweets) you will see the differentiation.

Mike should not be leaving things like that in the air, however I think he just answers correctly but without total context.
As always, thanks for your input. I only started looking at twitter 2 weeks ago and I already cant stand it...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.