Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess this gives us something to do during the holidays? ?‍♂?:rolleyes:
Hopefully before I do my Christmas shopping so I can "budget" for everyone's gifts accordingly. Bag of chips for you, bag of chips for you, and look, another bag of chip for you dear wife...
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"What we've got here is, failure to communicate" "So you get what we had here last week!"

Nothing could be more true with the subject of this thread. I think Ford should see this as a lesson on being careful with live feedback and who they choose to provide said feedback.

Think the exec here was thinking with industry jargon. However, he was not communicating with an industry audience. Not understanding the difference and being able to pivot illustrates the risk in communicating directly to an audience that is amped on high octane and will hang on your every word.

I am in no way for certain, but agree with Granger Ford that the guy was referring to the industry definition of configurator which is what the dealerships use to actually place an order through the Ford requisition system.

That said, the consumer site is often called an "online configurator" which is what we play with on the internets to get pricing information of our dream build. There has been no further clarification (another blunder), so I am not even sure I know what I'm talking about, but it seems reasonable.

Further, his attempt to provide an elusive form of "clarity" came across more as elusive or ignorant of the perspective of the consumers whom he was communicating with (yet another blunder!)

That fast, Ford has managed to piss off a ton of people. Don't think it will cost any serious customer losses, but it does add to the manure pile that's stacking in the front of the corporate office and it's starting to stink up the place (Bronco experience).

FORD! In the future, please allow the smart interns (under supervision) to actually type the responses as they haven't been yet so poisoned by the car business that they totally have lost touch with the perspective of the consumer.

Please? With cream and extra sugar... :rolleyes:

"I don't like it any more than you men".

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you’re right with this, but Im not sure. I think this is just the leather seats away from the first edition which is 62k. I think that makes this a 60k build.
I hope the 2.7 don’t cost 3000 to upgrade too that’s crazy

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Richtor I totally understand that, I am far from new to the game...

That being said the car business like many others has a language of its it's own.

If you go back and look at the first 3 twits (yes that is what I call tweets) you will see the differentiation.

Mike should not be leaving things like that in the air, however I think he just answers correctly but without total context.
https://www.toyota.com/configurator

Sponsored

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m sure this was addressed already, but I really don’t want to read through 37 pages of comments...does anyone know where the August timeline even came from?

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like we have to wait until December for the Build & Price tool.

Also:

See this is what I'm talking about.. now that the fever pitch is coming down from the reveal now the fine print starts to rear its head... Ford... don't mess this up. I'm a huge fan and you have the opportunity to take the lead here but every 5 seconds I'm seeing options I can't have or an upcharge with cryptic messaging via twitter.. now more speculation for the next 3-4 months.. yay.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m sure this was addressed already, but I really don’t want to read through 37 pages of comments...does anyone know where the August timeline even came from?
A forum post

JK

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Richtor I totally understand that, I am far from new to the game...

That being said the car business like many others has a language of its it's own.

If you go back and look at the first 3 twits (yes that is what I call tweets) you will see the differentiation.

Mike should not be leaving things like that in the air, however I think he just answers correctly but without total context.
His answers were opaque and not clear. In other words, as written it could've meant "Build in price goes live well before ordering, but I can't tell you exactly when. Ordering begins in December."

Or it could have meant, "Build and price goes live in December, but well before ordering takes place."

As as has been demonstrated, at least some automakers use Configurator and Build and Price interchangeably.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct
His answers were opaque and not clear. In other words, as written it could've meant "Build in price goes live well before ordering, but I can't tell you exactly when. Ordering begins in December."

Or it could have meant, "Build and price goes live be in December, but well before ordering takes place."

Well said!

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A forum post

JK
Thanks. So nothing from an official source. Then it’s hard to get butthurt about hearsay from unreliable sources. But it is frustrating that Ford has such a ridiculously long timeline for a product that’s been under development for years. And it does seem they released this ‘teaser’ purely on their need of positive publicity to boost a poorly performing stock price. Seems shady

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

August is still listed as B&P reveal..

That has not changed

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought it was for both? But even if your right they would be opening up the price tool the same exact time the order banks open up. How the Hell can you decide and make changes and decisions that fast?
My guess is we’ll see pricing the first part of December and orders won’t be until the end of the month.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.