Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Clubs

Ouch.

On the one hand, hopefully that means they're still actively working on firming up more options (interior colors, white tops, etc.).

On the other hand, this raises 2 very real issues:

First, releasing the tool at essentially the same time they open up orders is just begging for problems. If they make any mistakes in the tool (and judging from the variety of images on the existing site, that's possible), it is going to wreak havoc on the ordering process.

Second, this makes the requirement to lock down your dealer in October ridiculous. You're supposed to commit to a dealer with no information on actual pricing?!

A_Locke

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Clubs

But the fact we have to lock in a dealer in October puts those with reservations in a tough position. I suppose there is the opportunity to make a change at order as well, at least as I understand it thus far.
That's true. But I guess my question is, how does what dealer you are going to purchase it at affect your buildable configuration decision?

I guess if you happened to pick one that had a markup, you might choose a different model, but that's the only scenario I see really affecting people's choice.

From what I understand, after the "build and price" launches in December, you can reserve the exact model, configuration, etc of your Bronco. Until then, what you chose does not matter in the eyes of Ford.

BaseMod

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Clubs

It’s becoming more and more apparent that I’ll just have to buy my Ranger at the end of lease and move on from this madness.
I actually hit up the Ranger configurator after seeing this thread, but Ranger is being updated for 2022...waiting on Nissan Frontier Gen3 reveal now.

Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Omg was just coming on here to post this! 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 whyyyy
Poor IS program management. #GetYourSoftwareRequirementsFiguredOut #NotACOVIDIssue
Clarification - I'm ex-software support/technical service for Enterprise systems #NotJustATorquedOffWannaBe

Last edited:

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement