Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I read your comment as: 'we need to be united in our outrage because if I don't do things like you do, I might get something you don't - and that is far worse than you standing up for what you believe in'.

And THAT is the mentality corporations and politicians thrive on. Attacking each other rather than holding them accountable.

You are so upset you are willing to cancel your place in line - do it. There will be thousands just like you.

But don't be upset because someone else is like "it makes no difference to me".

Spending energy over a thing that will be rusting or recycled in a few decades is silly. There are much bigger issues and greater legacies to leave behind.
I will never tell anyone to follow my lead. I am not upset that someone else is fine with waiting til December. I am pissed that Ford is starting to string let me down every time they don't follow through in a timely matter.
And I'm certainly not here to talk about politicians. But like every forum out there, I am here to voice my happiness or displeasure whichever that may be. And absolutely, if someone is going to dismiss my comments by telling me to chill out, that just means they didn't hear me.
So you do you, I'll do me. I may or may not cancel my reservation, but that will be my choice.

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went and mowed the lawn and came back still mad

- lock in dealer, having no idea of any price of anything
- build and price comes in December, need to figure out ASAP because you need to place said order with dealership
- dealer says yeah we are charging 2000 over MSRP. Don’t like it, cancel your reservation and lose out in line
- won’t get car until possibly 2022-2023 now

Yeah I held off buying a Jeep once they announced the Bronco but I think I’m gonna have to axe the Bronco, this just seems way to convoluted and sketchy for my liking

TriTipEater

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No News, Relax!
-Reservation start 13 Jul
-Configure tool Aug
-Change/keep dealer 31 Oct
-Build and price Dec
-Convert Res to Order December and ends whenever you decide
to do it. (First Edition will have a convert by date) others can do it on the first day Ordering is allowed or sit on the reservation to convert for a later build date for financial reasons or match up to expiring lease etc.
Where did you read this? I would like to sit on it and take delivery early 2022 if possible. I’ll have a much larger down payment that way.

Sponsored

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
“Reservations” are a tool for generating hype and extra cash. Popularized by everyone’s favorite billionaire, Elon Musk via Tesla. Also seems to create this illusion that people are receiving something unique or personalized, which they really aren’t.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL - I mean I love my Gladiator and Jeeps are great, but this is a little extra. ?‍♂

JK

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
?

I hate this argument, of course you can compare apples to oranges! Maybe I want to go off roading, but I don't want either of those 2 competitors. I have a rather varied interest in cars so the cars I cross shop aren't normally that related to each other, and the Bronco and Mustang both do things I really like, just in different ways. I like the idea of being able to go off road, the utility of an SUV and being able to take the roof/doors off the Bronco, but I'm also a big fan of road course/drag racing and mountain roads, which the Mustang does a damned good job of.

I'm just getting tired of every part of this launch being bad news, that I might not be able to order my Bronco the way I want from the factory. Then whats the effing point of ordering?! Ford really stuffed this launch up and its leaving a sour taste in my mouth whenever I see pictures of a Bronco now.
I hear you there. I like all of those same things too. I have a 800hp CTS-V for ripping up the asphalt and a 70 Pontiac Formula 400 for cruising. My 4Runner does a great job off-road but the Bronco will be a beast worth waiting for!!

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have received over 150k reservations already. They’re busy. Fine tuning. Getting it ready for us. Have patience it will happen.
And the Bronco won't be here until spring 2021 anyway

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That makes no sense, I’m not gonna lock in my dealer by October 31 without knowing the price that I’m gonna be paying

I will cancel my reservation if that’s the case
So will many others. Major screw up Ford.

Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
F K This

Wrangler just announces 72 months, zero % financing and no payment for 90 days.... That Rubicon is looking pretty good right about now

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No News, Relax!
-Reservation start 13 Jul
-Configure tool Aug
-Change/keep dealer 31 Oct
-Build and price Dec
-Convert Res to Order December and ends whenever you decide
to do it. (First Edition will have a convert by date) others can do it on the first day Ordering is allowed or sit on the reservation to convert for a later build date for financial reasons or match up to expiring lease etc.
What's the difference between configurator and build/price?

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more people that cancel over petty things the better. Just gets me a better spot in line ?
I'm with you all the people who are pissing off and going to the jeep dealer where just looking for a excuse anyway.

Broncojeff

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2020 GT350 R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh Ford... you keep coming hard with kicks to the nuggets. At this rate, I wont be able to have children.

Who is in charge of this shit show? This screams "we weren't ready to launch, but our stocks are in the toilet and we need some positive momentum so we don't go completely bankrupt."

Them trying to copy Tesla is going to bite them in the ass. Musk owns his entire chain, there is no dealership nonsense with a Tesla. ADM, required markups, delays, limited options to the most expensive model, etc are going to doom this product.

Thanks for the fun videos and ideas of some off-rodeo 3 yrs from now. Part of me hopes half the people drop their reservations and buy a competitor.
I new along Ford would screw this up.....just didn't think it would be so soon after the introduction. Reservation process being the mess it was should have told us all what we've already known about Ford. They weren't ready to introduce it and they sure as hell are nowhere near ready to produce it. Now we are 4 months away from even configuration? Smoke and Mirrors is what it was. Doubt you'll have the vehicle you reserved until late 2021 or early 2022.....or ever. Plus side is I sold my Ford stock after the run up early last week and I might use the gain to pay for a big chunk of a new Wrangler......just sayin.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, a wise Jeep dealer would offer a $1000 discount to anyone who comes in with their Bronco Reservation confirmation...:)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.