Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read through page 13, so not sure if someone mentioned this yet. I wonder how much of this could be just miscommunication. First Mark said the "configurator" would be December. When people asked for clarification he quoted the stock answer of being able to build and price before you place your order. He never said Build and Price would be in December. Maybe by "configurator" he meant the internal ordering tool? Just a thought. I get about 200-300 emails a day in my job, and even people who are paid to communicate professionally are frequently terrible at it!

So I'm not saying Build and Price will be August, but hopefully it's much earlier than December. Based on Mark's exact answer I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What if everyone with an extra reservation canceled that tonight. You think Ford would start moving things along any faster???? ?
This is a great idea, you go first....

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been die-hard Ford since I started driving. Obviously, looking at my pic, I sank my heart, soul, and money into my bronco when I was a kid. When that lady at Ford opened her fat mouth and got political a year ago, I was done. Never buy another one. I told myself previosly, if this bronco ever materialized, I'd buy it. I decided to give them one more chance for the sake of remembering when this world wasn't a place I dreaded raising a kid in. I never thought I would say that I would cancel my Bronco order, but I have half a mind to. Yes, we couldn't do anything until December anyways, but Ford is jerking us around, and it is not fun. Totally taking the wind out of my sails. If they knew they weren't ready for a smooth launch, they should have not make assumptions about rollout schedules. If they didn't know, they need to fire some people and hire me. The lack of communication is the problem. Does their PR guy really get paid $200K a year to give answers like "December"? Ford need to make this right and send official communication on the timeline and not through twitter. What a joke. Sending this to Ford next.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So who is this Mike Levine character anyway and why are we taking his word as gospel? I mean he contradicted what Ford put out on the first page of this thread. In truth, nobody really knows when the build & price will be out. We have to realize that unless we see pictures or Ford releases info, it’s all hearsay and rumors.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Swear on my kids life, I only have 1 reservation right now. Your turn

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read through page 13, so not sure if someone mentioned this yet. I wonder how much of this could be just miscommunication. First Mark said the "configurator" would be December. When people asked for clarification he quoted the stock answer of being able to build and price before you place your order. He never said Build and Price would be in December. Maybe by "configurator" he meant the internal ordering tool? Just a thought. I get about 200-300 emails a day in my job, and even people who are paid to communicate professionally are frequently terrible at it!

So I'm not saying Build and Price will be August, but hopefully it's much earlier than December. Based on Mark's exact answer I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.
This is *exactly* my question I raised earlier.

Us commoners are treating “Build and Price” and “Configurator” as meaning the same thing, but I wonder if they are distinctly two different things.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been die-hard Ford since I started driving. Obviously, looking at my pic, I sank my heart, soul, and money into my bronco when I was a kid. When that lady at Ford opened her fat mouth and got political a year ago, I was done. Never buy another one. I told myself previosly, if this bronco ever materialized, I'd buy it. I decided to give them one more chance for the sake of remembering when this world wasn't a place I dreaded raising a kid in. I never thought I would say that I would cancel my Bronco order, but I have half a mind to. Yes, we couldn't do anything until December anyways, but Ford is jerking us around, and it is not fun. Totally taking the wind out of my sails. If they knew they weren't ready for a smooth launch, they should have not make assumptions about rollout schedules. If they didn't know, they need to fire some people and hire me. The lack of communication is the problem. Does their PR guy really get paid $200K a year to give answers like "December"? Ford need to make this right and send official communication on the timeline and not through twitter. What a joke. Sending this to Ford next.
Well said.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s possible they ARE listening to us, which means they might be making some adjustments
If that's the case, Ford should post an official statement to help potential customer understand what's happening. Right now, it seems Ford has no plan fully executed or possibly Bronco still has unresolved issues making it not ready for production and Ford is stalling until they can be resolved.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is *exactly* my question I raised earlier.

Us commoners are treating “Build and Price” and “Configurator” as meaning the same thing, but I wonder if they are distinctly two different things.
That's the cover Ford will use if they can fix this very poor communication effort. Kinda how the politician never really answers the question and diverts us to the shinier penny.

Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if everyone with an extra reservation canceled that tonight. You think Ford would start moving things along any faster???? ?
Probably not a good idea. If the build and price tool comes out after October 31st then one of your only bargaining chips left against the dealer is having a second reservation at a competing dealer.

CWGrisw0ld

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
False dichotomy? It's an analogy. Hastened Bronco=Premature birth. Un-rushed Bronco=full term delivery. Further, medically, it's a false analogy because, seriously, "baked?"

/surgeon
It's false dichotomy and a poor analogy then - it supposes that our only options are to be able to order, price, and receive a "not ready for prime time" vehicle in a timely fashion or to continue to be met with delays in order to receive a fully functioning vehicle. Or in the baby analogy: Would you prefer a 28 week premie or an induced pregnancy at 43 weeks?

Let's suppose, just for a moment, that a 3rd option exists: FoCo could actually get it's crap together, hire a competent web designer, provide clear and consistent messaging to it's potential consumers, and actually deliver a 2021 vehicle within the calendar year for those that want one.

How much confidence does anyone have regarding the 3rd option at this point?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.