First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't expect anything, including a reply. As a customer who did their part to pony up money for a "spot", I don't think it's out of line to expect professional communication. If Mike Levine is communicating our thoughts to Ford like he does Ford's to us, there's the problem. I don't say things I don't mean, so for me, it's not a threat, but me exercising my right to express their customer's feelings. I would still love to have a Bronco, but I'm also not going to keep my mouth shut when I am vested in a product. For them to push this tool 4 months overnight with a one-word reply is a slap in the face to me. If they are reconsidering our wants and that is what is pushing things, great, no problem. just say that. If the fake pandemic is complicating things, that's understandable. "December" isn't.
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If we want to change our model we have to do by Oct 31st?!
THIS ?is my point about forum rumor mill turning into “fact.”

NO.

You can change the DEALER on your RESERVATION up till Oct. 31.

You can change your trim Base/Big Bend/Black Diamond/etc. when you place an order. Model i.e. 2dr/4dr has not been confirmed to be able to change or not. AND it also looks (per the Ford website) that, again, at the time of order the dealer can be changed still/also.

JK

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't expect anything, including a reply. As a customer who did their part to pony up money for a "spot", I don't think it's out of line to expect professional communication. If Mike Levine is communicating our thoughts to Ford like he does Ford's to us, there's the problem. I don't say things I don't mean, so for me, it's not a threat, but me exercising my right to express their customer's feelings. I would still love to have a Bronco, but I'm also not going to keep my mouth shut when I am vested in a product. For them to push this tool 4 months overnight with a one-word reply is a slap in the face to me. If they are reconsidering our wants and that is what is pushing things, great, no problem. just say that. If the fake pandemic is complicating things, that's understandable. "December" isn't.
They didn’t push it - you were operating under the assumption that “August” (from a forum post - NOT Ford) was the date for Build & Price ... AFAIK Ford has never committed to August for pricing. See my previous post a few pages back (and Granger Ford’s post a few replies back) ...

?‍♂

JK

Last edited:

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build & Price is not the configurator - Dealer Build Tool

Let's wait and see when it really comes out.

Been out of pocket today and this firestorm shure took off.

Terminology is important and everything so be careful with the auto industry terminology
Build & Price is not the configurator - Dealer Build Tool

Let's wait and see when it really comes out.

Been out of pocket today and this firestorm shure took off.

Terminology is important so be careful with the auto industry terminology

The 3rd tweet indicated it but no one picked up on it...

There is only so much Mark can say in public.
Well then maybe he should either be clear with his terminology or not say anything. He is in complete control of what he responds to.

He does the Ford brand no favors. He alienates as many people as he ‘engages’.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When did it get tool get pushed out?

Configurator is a dealer not customer tool

The 3rd twit on there first post stated it but was glossed over for effect.

Following twitter may be hazardous to ones psyche?

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ouch.

On the one hand, hopefully that means they're still actively working on firming up more options (interior colors, white tops, etc.).

On the other hand, this raises 2 very real issues:

First, releasing the tool at essentially the same time they open up orders is just begging for problems. If they make any mistakes in the tool (and judging from the variety of images on the existing site, that's possible), it is going to wreak havoc on the ordering process.

Second, this makes the requirement to lock down your dealer in October ridiculous. You're supposed to commit to a dealer with no information on actual pricing?!
Stupid question, what does locking down a dealer and placing our orders have to do with each other?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THIS ?is my point about forum rumor mill turning into “fact.”

NO.

You can change the DEALER on your RESERVATION up till Oct. 31.

You can change your trim Base/Big Bend/Black Diamond/etc. when you place an order. Model i.e. 2dr/4dr has not been confirmed to be able to change or not. AND it also looks (per the Ford website) that, again, at the time of order the dealer can be changed still/also.

JK
I bet they will change this.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wild guess on waiting for the build and pricing delay till Q3-Q4 is inflation...

Ford Bronco Ford Update: Bronco Build & Price coming in **SEPTEMBER** with ordering in December 1596415837556

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well then maybe he should either be clear with his terminology or not say anything. He is in complete control of what he responds to.

He does the Ford brand no favors. He alienates as many people as he ‘engages’.
No as I stated the 3rd twit in the first post indicated it and his hands are tied to stating specifics at certain times.

I wish that they would cut it out but some culpability is had here on the Forum for running with rumor instead of facts.

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bet they will change this.
LOL - maybe but the terms and conditions said EVERYTHING was subject to change and we agreed to that when we placed the reservation. It’s also why the reservation is refundable. ?‍♂

JK

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You know, the sad thing here is that the Bronco Sport was revealed the same day as the Bronco and has had a build & price up for weeks now.
Because no one wants them.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is my guesstimate on my build. I think it will be pretty close, but who knows.

44,600....................4-Door Badlands
4,000.......................Lux Package Upgrade
3,000.......................2.7 / 10 Speed
1,500........................Sasquatch
1,500........................Color Matched Hardtop
500...........................Towing Package

55,100.....................Total MSRP
This my build. I hope so because I would come out cheaper than the Rubi I wanted plus the Aftermarket stuff I would want to add. Hell, the Alpine Restyle was $3k alone.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow... 33 pages in under 6 hours. Needless to say I didn't read them all...

My first reaction is WTF...but then as others have said... we don't really need it. I don't need a fancy summary sheet to email my dealer and get a quote.

What I need is what packages and options cost. You telling me they really don't know yet? I think it's more correct to say they was the ability to adjust per the market demand without getting the "...but you said..."

I just mean, give us a clue as to if we are talking 3k or 10k for sas and/or 2.7... give us the ability to figure out these stupid colors... allow someone to drive it and start doing reviews so we can start getting answers...
Because people need to basically know if they can afford these or even want to buy one.

Sure I would like to know if I can get B&O as a stand alone...but can I wait till December... sure.

But to not know how much the Mid package is.... at least roughly... come on...

I'm starting to think this whole thing is a unicorn and they just want people to hang on and not jump to the competition yet..cuz once we have concrete information we can make concrete decisions and I think that worries Ford because until now... we have nothing to call them on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.