First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this the first week I owned mine. I sewed them up so there is no slack on the top of the clip. It helps a bit but not a lot. I have also thought about getting another row of velcro sewed on to tighten it even further.
The larger issue is the damn channels for the bottom of the windows. I curse the engineer/designer every time I go to put the side windows back on. WTH!
Sponsored

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The larger issue is the damn channels for the bottom of the windows. I curse the engineer/designer every time I go to put the side windows back on. WTH!
I don’t have issues with the channels other than the small section on the quarter windows is not even with the long section.

ACass98

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco and 2002 Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure if it had been mentioned but took the windows out of my wife’s ‘22 bronco and ford changed the top. The clips now mount to little flaps that you can actually grab and clip the clips easily. 👍 mine are tight to the fabric and a pain in the rear on my ‘21
F5F5BA29-A6F6-40EB-A9EB-735E2F8B8ECB.jpeg
Legit I just had an issue with one of my clips today for my bronco. The side fastener clip flew off when I was taking the top off. Do you know where I can upgrade it?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Legit I just had an issue with one of my clips today for my bronco. The side fastener clip flew off when I was taking the top off. Do you know where I can upgrade it?
I do not. I may get some material and add tabs myself but like I said I haven’t been clipping the clips on my ‘21. The Velcro holds well

Last edited:

Blue Spark

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon/Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two of the side clips are broken on my 2022 softtop. The front clips on both sides are now inop. One popped off the fabric completely and the other broke one of the prongs on the male end. I'm taking it to the dealer on Wednesday for repair.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2022 built on 1/20 has the old style clips.

The new style definitely seems like an improvement.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So is this a confirmed change for all soft-tops built going forward? Looks like a good improvement.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Along the lines of the redesigned clips, I think Ford also added painted white arrows on the upper rear corners so you know where to slot the plastic tab. I watched two different soft top videos and they did not have the painted arrows that I have on my 2022. Is this another very minor update?

C569F1C6-B7A6-4323-8212-B10A36320929.jpeg

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Along the lines of the redesigned clips, I think Ford also added painted white arrows on the upper rear corners so you know where to slot the plastic tab. I watched two different soft top videos and they did not have the painted arrows that I have on my 2022. Is this another very minor update?

Ford Bronco Ford updated the soft top clips recently C569F1C6-B7A6-4323-8212-B10A36320929
My ‘21 has the arrows but that doesn’t mean all of them do.
Sponsored