Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like Ford updated the reservation process FAQ and added a product section. Late availability items will not be shown in the B & P at this time. Also reviews transitioning from MY21 to MY22 process.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works
I am reading this to mean - If you really want a painted top, order a manual Sasquatch and that top will be available at that time. Sounds like Mansquatches are going to be 2022's.
Sponsored

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have an answer. But as I read it, I think you are right. Mansquatch won't make it into B/P prior to 1.31.21. You either submit a build with an early reservation that you are content with or make a new reservation that all but guarantees that you will receiver a MY22 with the corresponding Mansquatch late calendar year offering. Doesn't sound like that is what people want to read. But Ford is using the phrase on purpose. Now, some might be able to get around the order bank's priority by submitting a build that has MY21 late availability (Black Mod Top) that would delay their order. Hopefully, the Mansquatch would become available prior to a VIN being issued when the order is moved from the Unscheduled to the Scheduled Order Bank. Still a roll of the dice.
Yeah… I have a res on each side of Ford's 2021/2022 cutoff… but I'm hoping that manual/sas makes it to the B&P sooner rather than later. Thanks for the input. More "wait and see".

CFD288

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and I am pretty sure the Filson concept with all that gear and water tank adds up to more than all of the offered options and accessories combined. The B&P and ford’s comments make no sense.

if you put the larger engine and tires on it you can’t haul any extra weight? But if you put the small engine and tires you can?
The weight of the water alone would be over 400lbs. There are no back seats but has a roof rack and a ton of gear. Would be interesting to know the total weight

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This weight situation still makes no sense to me.
A 4 door wrangler with a Solid front axle certainly weighs just as much if not more and mopar who I believe is owned by FCA sells roof racks.

The Bronco is not all that high off the ground when compared the wrangler or certain pickups..

Me thinks this is more related to 35" tires - which yes, technically contribute to the overall weight
The Wrangler actually weighs less - quite a bit less depending on config - if these numbers I found are legit:

Jeep Wrangler JL curb weight:
3,970 to 4,449 lbs

Bronco curb weight:
4,319 to 5,320 lbs

I wonder why the 4 door Bronco upper range weighs so much more than the Wrangler? Unless the frame and some other components are much heavier on the Bronco. I'd like to recheck those numbers, but nearly 900 lbs heavier?

Also I don't completely buy the GVWR claim for not having certain accessories. Someone mentioned product testing as a possible reason as well.
Sponsored