Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have 2 reservations (7/14 &24th). I've been kicking around the idea of canceling the early and hoping the latter w/BDManSquatch would definitely push me into '22. I want the Mid Pkg, a white top and maybe more options (colors/interiors). I care less about the wait if I can get manual+mid+white top+SAS (in that order). I just don't know how any of this "late availability" plays out.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently, we got hell lot of reservations as well. But far less stuff on our B&P which is a joke for 65k to 80k rigs...

The only thing I wonder if its Ford Canada will built Bronco in a canadian factory or if its all going through your factory.
I'm sure we did but it will be a small percentage of the US.

We will likely have mostly the same accessories. Don't worry about the B&P.

All Broncos will be built at the Michigan Assembly Plant

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I may have missed it but where did getting the roof rack with the sasquatch puts you over the GVWR. I would think putting an extra 200-250 lbs on the root with the bigger tires is going to change the center of gravity. Thus possibly opening you up to roll overs.
I don't think it is center of gravity - I think it forces it out of the passenger vehicle category and into light commercial. So in NY I'd have to put commercial plates on it and then I THINK you'd have to stop at all open weigh stations on interstates - in addition to a whole host of insurance changes.

A1A

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only want the WHITE WT lux loaded. Price was not an issue since I waited 2 years to see Land Rover screw up the Defender release at 30% more. I had a white Defender 90 with a 4.6HSE 300 hp for a decade and love it but to barbaric for me now with wife, 6 year old and retriever. I reserved a WT a few weeks after the reservations started. I live in NV and rather have the SPORT mode for desert washboard roads than crawling the Rubicon, 40 minutes from my house in Tahoe. I have been excited from the start and probably check brono6g.com every day. I want it in white and was thinking the white/gray marine vinyl from the day they showed it I prototypes.
Bronco all white.png

2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-19.jpeg

Marine Vinyl Seat.png

So now the B&P is released and the most expensive trim package, WT, has only a single cloth and a single leather option? Sandstone multi colored or camo seats and that dash. No white top. On top of everything, ONLY A51 stitching and trim????????????

Unless I can choose the Bronco that I saw/want, there is no way I am plunking down $58K and $4K in sales taxes for the honor of buying a new vehicle.

Farley/Ford: Let me choose what I want from a new B&P from what you already teased us with and just push my delivery date until 2022. Don't trash my place in line and don't make cancel everything and get so pissed at Ford that it would take a decade until until I look at another Ford for my family, parents and kids.

Ooooooo...Stormtrooper trim level!....sweet!

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure...I know the commercial plate thing was definite that was a big I think on the weigh station so I don't really know, I had a friend who got GMC pickup with a 5th wheel for his daughters horse trailer and just that alone put him into commercial vehicle which then limits you from parkways too...forgot that part.

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flipside of that coin: some of us are surprised by the sheer number of people angry that Ford hasn't taken their unique and specific use case and designed a custom vehicle around it.

I get it. The Bronco might not meet your every dream and fantasy. Good luck finding the vehicle that does.
Ok, I’ll play.

My “every dream” was a BL, white, color matched top, V6, lux, tow, could care less about interior. Yeah, a crazy fantasy. I feel as though Ford should have been able to deliver on this level of simplicity.

Peace Broncos ✌

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

GVWR is a safe operating limit for the vehicle fully loaded. The 4dr's GVW Rating has to include allowances for 5 adults, full fuel tank and cargo. Longer body, 2 additional doors, bigger block engine with heavier automatic transmission, more suspension parts, bigger tires, etc. all add up. The roof rack itself may not tip the scales, but it enables the huge overlanding storage racks and cargo they imply. That may be the issue.

As for the sound-deadening and paint protection.... who frigging knows?
That’s like saying you can’t get a bed on a Ranger because you might overload it; and I agree that’s probably their line of thinking with the roof rails, but seriously, you can get roof rails on a Subaru Outback, but not a 4-door Bronco?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an early time stamp but would like the black modular hardtop to be delivered latter in 2021. If I order that and it gets pushed back any do I get a 2021 or 2022. It might be a small point but I look at the long game. 2021 s will ultimately be worth more than a 2022. There really are a look of questions that dealers can’t answer ( and neither can Ford at the moment.

JK_Brook

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford is trying to add DIO accessories for convenience, but i believe they are trying to respect GVWR and weight/payload rating of accessories.

Lets say roof rack weights 50lbs and can hold 150lbs, these are 200lbs Ford has to take it into account in the weight of the vehicle.

If you add rack yourself afterwards, it’s your responsibility to not overload your rig, if you load the roof to its maximum allowance you have to balance load according to Ford specifications.
But the Badlands and the FE share the same mechanicals (quoting Ford), and adding paint Protection Film to a FE would put it over the weight limit? (Paint Protection Film is not offered on an FE) The GVWR and weight/payload rating can't that tight, if they are why can I add a winch? Pretty sure a winch weighs more than some 3M film. Fords GVWR statement is Swiss cheese, full of holes.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an early time stamp but would like the black modular hardtop to be delivered latter in 2021. If I order that and it gets pushed back any do I get a 2021 or 2022. It might be a small point but I look at the long game. 2021 s will ultimately be worth more than a 2022. There really are a look of questions that dealers can’t answer ( and neither can Ford at the moment.
at this rate 21 will be worth far less in 5 years than a 22. Once ford fixes that top, accents, interior colors, back seat vents, and who knows what other bugs still need to be worked out. maybe in 40 years from now....20 years after the last bronco rolls off the assembly line.

I actually hope I can move my 21 into 22MY so I can get the white top....that or I hope Ford rolls out the 21 Raptor or else I will probably just buy something else

Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the Badlands and the FE share the same mechanicals (quoting Ford), and adding paint Protection Film to a FE would put it over the weight limit? (Paint Protection Film is not offered on an FE) The GVWR and weight/payload rating can't that tight, if they are why can I add a winch? Pretty sure a winch weighs more than some 3M film. Fords GVWR statement is Swiss cheese, full of holes.
and I am pretty sure the Filson concept with all that gear and water tank adds up to more than all of the offered options and accessories combined. The B&P and ford’s comments make no sense.

if you put the larger engine and tires on it you can’t haul any extra weight? But if you put the small engine and tires you can?

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

at this rate 21 will be worth far less in 5 years than a 22. Once ford fixes that top, accents, interior colors, back seat vents, and who knows what other bugs still need to be worked out. maybe in 40 years from now....20 years after the last bronco rolls off the assembly line.

I actually hope I can move my 21 into 22MY so I can get the white top....that or I hope Ford rolls out the 21 Raptor or else I will probably just buy something else
Why not make a second reservation now so your options are open. Depending on the where your original reservation is you may get a late 2021 with what you want or you may get your 2022 early.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not make a second reservation now so your options are open. Depending on the where your original reservation is you may get a late 2021 with what you want or you may get your 2022 early.
My reservation is 22 July, so probably latter half of MY21, but I am well before MY cutoff date. I am hoping Ford will allow us to postpone to MY 22 but keep our time stamp so we will be front of the line for that model year.