Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My reservation is 22 July, so probably latter half of MY21, but I am well before MY cutoff date. I am hoping Ford will allow us to postpone to MY 22 but keep our time stamp so we will be front of the line for that model year.
Those are the 64000 questions that e everybody is wanting clarification on.
Sponsored

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The GVWR calculations are a combination of a lot of factors including stability and wear factors on many of the vehicles parts. Not allowing a rack on a SAS package makes sense to me because if this. If you look at Jeep ratings they are basically the same and the models with bigger tires are more limited in payload. In regards to towing the bronco is exactly the same as the Jeep so I'm assuming regulation is holding that up even though the Bronco has much more power.

With all this said I imagine the paint coating has to be an error. The headliner I'm guessing is probably an error as well but maybe it weighs more then we realize especially that far above the center of gravity on such big squishy tires.

A couple comments above I see someone mentioned a winch adding more weight which is true but it is also lower down so it won't impact stability in the same way.

I think a lot of it depends on how close a base bronco is to the limits at that GVWR. If the base is already pushing some if the limitations then adding small things here and there can really push it over.

Just some thoughts from someone who works in the aerospace industry where weight and balance is an even trickier subject.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the Badlands and the FE share the same mechanicals (quoting Ford), and adding paint Protection Film to a FE would put it over the weight limit? (Paint Protection Film is not offered on an FE) The GVWR and weight/payload rating can't that tight, if they are why can I add a winch? Pretty sure a winch weighs more than some 3M film. Fords GVWR statement is Swiss cheese, full of holes.
PPF is a mystery!

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reservation is 22 July, so probably latter half of MY21, but I am well before MY cutoff date. I am hoping Ford will allow us to postpone to MY 22 but keep our time stamp so we will be front of the line for that model year.
That'd be a nice compromise by Ford to accommodate some issues, but I have little faith in them to tweak the system programming to track MY21 reservations that want to defer conversion rather than ordering by Jan 31 or whatever the date is currently

Not a systems wizard so maybe its easier than I think

Sponsored

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This weight situation still makes no sense to me.
A 4 door wrangler with a Solid front axle certainly weighs just as much if not more and mopar who I believe is owned by FCA sells roof racks.

The Bronco is not all that high off the ground when compared the wrangler or certain pickups..

Me thinks this is more related to 35" tires - which yes, technically contribute to the overall weight
Also higher center of gravity.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if I’m reading this right if I put a reservation in tomorrow fully knowing it’ll be a 2022 I couldn’t order a modular top because that’s a 2022 improvement?
You are misunderstanding what your are reading. You repeated the premise on another thread which is how rumors spread. @Edelfin posted a screenshot of the exact wording.

Regardless of when your reservation was made, it must be converted to an order by 1.31.21. You will use the B/P available at the time to coordinate your build order with your dealer. Your order will be submitted based on the MY21 offerings. But late reservation holders (post 9/18) will likely be receiving MY22 Broncos. Likely in late August - early September, your order based on MY21 offerings will have to be updated. The B/P at that time will reflect MY22 options which updated orders can add.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are misunderstanding what your are reading. You repeated the premise on another thread which is how rumors spread. @Edelfin posted a screenshot of the exact wording.

Regardless of when your reservation was made, it must be converted to an order by 1.31.21. You will use the B/P available at the time to coordinate your build order with your dealer. Your order will be submitted based on the MY21 offerings. But late reservation holders (post 9/18) will likely be receiving MY22 Broncos. Likely in late August - early September, your order based on MY21 offerings will have to be updated. The B/P at that time will reflect MY22 options which updated orders can add.
Yep that's cause I was putting words where they didn't actually exist. Totally on my end lol.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

. . . Your order will be submitted based on the MY21 offerings. But late reservation holders (post 9/18) will likely be receiving MY22 Broncos. Likely in late August - early September, your order based on MY21 offerings will have to be updated. The B/P at that time will reflect MY22 options which updated orders can add.
There are details about converting a MY21 order to a MY22 order here that I haven't seen before - i.e. order a MY21 in Dec/Jan; convert to MY22 in Aug/Sep. Are you able to provide a source? So far I've only seen info in Ford's "Online Reservation FAQ "How it works":

What happens if my order is not built in 21MY?
Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.

Thank you!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are details about converting a MY21 order to a MY22 order here that I haven't seen before - i.e. order a MY21 in Dec/Jan; convert to MY22 in Aug/Sep. Are you able to provide a source? So far I've only seen info in Ford's "Online Reservation FAQ "How it works":

What happens if my order is not built in 21MY?
Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.

Thank you!
Nothing official from Ford, but piecing information from Ford and Ford insiders, the schedule will likely follow what I outlined. Ford has already designated the cutoff date of 9/18. Part of that is their expectation of reservation conversion. If the actual conversion falls short of their expectation, a reservation made on 9/19 will likely still be made for MY21. That is common sense. Ford isn't going to stop making Broncos just because of some arbitrary date. But their designation of 9/18, allows for Ford to retool the line for MY22. Legend who works at MAP confirmed the process (not the exact dates, just the process). When Ford begins MY22 manufacturing, they will need orders in the Scheduled Order Bank. Those orders will be MY21 orders (late reservation holders) that were in the Unscheduled Order Bank all spring/summer. Those orders will need to be updated. Hence, MY22 changes will need to be announced and made available so the updated order can reflect the changes prior to the assembly line beginning again.

Edit: the timeline that normally follows might be delayed seeing that J1 won't begin till late in the 1st qtr. But if the timeline is delayed, the process that I outlined in the quoted response will still hold even if the timeline is fluid.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing official from Ford, but piecing information from Ford and Ford insiders, the schedule will likely follow what I outlined. Ford has already designated the cutoff date of 9/18. Part of that is their expectation of reservation conversion. If the actual conversion falls short of their expectation, a reservation made on 9/19 will likely still be made for MY21. That is common sense. Ford isn't going to stop making Broncos just because of some arbitrary date. But their designation of 9/18, allows for Ford to retool the line for MY22. Legend who works at MAP confirmed the process (not the exact dates, just the process). When Ford begins MY22 manufacturing, they will need orders in the Scheduled Order Bank. Those orders will be MY21 orders (late reservation holders) that were in the Unscheduled Order Bank all spring/summer. Those orders will need to be updated. Hence, MY22 changes will need to be announced and made available so the updated order can reflect the changes prior to the assembly line beginning again.
That's interesting if it goes down that way......how will they handle the gap between final MY21's and allowing time to re-contact everyone for MY22 change updates.....surely they aren't gonna halt production while dealers chase everyone down again to re-confirm builds......but maybe that's when they slip in some dealer inventory?

I know you don't know....just thinking out loud based on your post

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's interesting if it goes down that way......how will they handle the gap between final MY21's and allowing time to re-contact everyone for MY22 change updates.....surely they aren't gonna halt production while dealers chase everyone down again to re-confirm builds......but maybe that's when they slip in some dealer inventory?

I know you don't know....just thinking out loud based on your post
I think you might have a good theory. Build up some dealer inventory while the reservation builds are updated. They can continue with stock builds and work in the updated builds as they get them.

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a question that I think @Beach_Bum answered—but I want to be certain I'm following with respect to the manual/Sas combo… the below in blue is directly copy/pasted from the Bronco Q&A in the B&P:

Why isn’t the Sasquatch manual transmission available in the Build & Price?

As mentioned in our announcement, Sasquatch expanding to manual transmission-equipped Bronco models will be in late 2021 calendar year and Build & Price will be updated at that time.

Can I assume that the mansquatch option will in fact hit the B&P (with proper price adjustments) sometime in 2020, before I need to convert my reservation to an order in January—to receive a MY21 mansquatch? The use of "late 2021 calendar year" is throwing me, and may in fact mean that it won't even be available in a B&P until 2021 calendar year, which would obviously mean a 2022 build.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the actual conversion falls short of their expectation, a reservation made on 9/19 will likely still be made for MY21. That is common sense.
I agree that it's common sense that there will be no gap in production (i.e. - get to rate, stay at rate). However, there is another alternative. if actual conversion falls short of expectation, rather than continuing to build MY21, they may elect to break MY22 into production sooner.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a question that I think @Beach_Bum answered—but I want to be certain I'm following with respect to the manual/Sas combo… the below in blue is directly copy/pasted from the Bronco Q&A in the B&P:

Why isn’t the Sasquatch manual transmission available in the Build & Price?

As mentioned in our announcement, Sasquatch expanding to manual transmission-equipped Bronco models will be in late 2021 calendar year and Build & Price will be updated at that time.

Can I assume that the mansquatch option will in fact hit the B&P (with proper price adjustments) sometime in 2020, before I need to convert my reservation to an order in January—to receive a MY21 mansquatch? The use of "late 2021 calendar year" is throwing me, and may in fact mean that it won't even be available in a B&P until 2021 calendar year, which would obviously mean a 2022 build.
I don't have an answer. But as I read it, I think you are right. Mansquatch won't make it into B/P prior to 1.31.21. You either submit a build with an early reservation that you are content with or make a new reservation that all but guarantees that you will receiver a MY22 with the corresponding Mansquatch late calendar year offering. Doesn't sound like that is what people want to read. But Ford is using the phrase on purpose. Now, some might be able to get around the order bank's priority by submitting a build that has MY21 late availability (Black Mod Top) that would delay their order. Hopefully, the Mansquatch would become available prior to a VIN being issued when the order is moved from the Unscheduled to the Scheduled Order Bank. Still a roll of the dice.
Sponsored