Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.”

Is this the answer to why I can’t get a roof rack? I’ve been promising my wife more room for camping gear on that roof rack. Are they saying the deal will install it?
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like Ford updated the reservation process FAQ and added a product section. Late availability items will not be shown in the B & P at this time. Also reviews transitioning from MY21 to MY22 process
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works
Here’s the big question for me... the first Deliveries are in June 2021
Initial Bronco 2 and 4-door deliveries are targeted to begin in June 2021.

Due to the high number of Bronco 2 and 4-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year.
so, what is considered late availability, August?

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So they parade around a Bronco Overland concept but can't actually build it due to GVWR?

Sounds like they over promised and underachieved. The Bronco might be a capable vehicle but only in the stripped down versions.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I speaking to a dealership sales manager a few days ago and he told me "the dealers can decide who moves up on the reservation list..." I told him he was wrong. You notice is in the reservation FAQ Ford alludes to not actually following reservation order based on many factors...

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So GVWR does play a role in limiting factory accessories.
Ford is trying to add DIO accessories for convenience, but i believe they are trying to respect GVWR and weight/payload rating of accessories.

Lets say roof rack weights 50lbs and can hold 150lbs, these are 200lbs Ford has to take it into account in the weight of the vehicle.

If you add rack yourself afterwards, it’s your responsibility to not overload your rig, if you load the roof to its maximum allowance you have to balance load according to Ford specifications.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So they parade around a Bronco Overland concept but can't actually build it due to GVWR?

Sounds like they over promised and underachieved. The Bronco might be a capable vehicle but only in the stripped down versions.
I think the Bronco will be more capable, but much less versatile than we’d hoped. We’ll see.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of good info in the updated FAQ. Including the 2nd transfer switch. Anybody have a screen shot of the Order Fulfilment section to compare to what it says now? Seems like there is a bit more qualifying langue on what could possibly affect delivery. A cya for the allocation rules or am I being paranoid?

Ford Bronco Ford Updates Bronco Reservation and Product FAQ Screenshot_20201025-081005

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order."

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This weight situation still makes no sense to me.
A 4 door wrangler with a Solid front axle certainly weighs just as much if not more and mopar who I believe is owned by FCA sells roof racks.

The Bronco is not all that high off the ground when compared the wrangler or certain pickups..

Me thinks this is more related to 35" tires - which yes, technically contribute to the overall weight

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order."
Thats... interesting.....

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This weight situation still makes no sense to me.
A 4 door wrangler with a Solid front axle certainly weighs just as much if not more and mopar who I believe is owned by FCA sells roof racks.

The Bronco is not all that high off the ground when compared the wrangler or certain pickups..

Me thinks this is more related to 35" tires - which yes, technically contribute to the overall weight
Weight and that also lifts the vehicle. Think they're trying to avoid a death roll scenario

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't doubt it will be a seriously capable rig and I am excited about getting one. It's just that I already own one more than 30 years old and will be able to tow more with it than a brand new one. Seems like a step back.
Towing standards only came around about 10 years ago. Before that the manufacturers could just make up numbers.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Ford Updates Bronco Reservation and Product FAQ Screenshot_20201026-153716_Chrome

MAN-SQUATCH in calendar year 2021 so I'm banking on that meaning that I am still getting a MY21 Bronco.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of good information in this thread
Thanks OP

I think I'll stop torturing myself. I'll just order what I built, and then in late 2021 when the black painted top is available, I'll ask my dealer to also put the racks on there too. I understand the liability shifts to me but I don't intend on stacking half a ton of weight up there either
Sponsored