Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Screenshot_20201026-153716_Chrome.jpg

MAN-SQUATCH in calendar year 2021 so I'm banking on that meaning that I am still getting a MY21 Bronco.
Its interesting that the build and price tool won't be updated with those late additions until basically, a full calendar year from today. I can see many being disappointed that they can't prime their order for a mansquatch ahead of time...
People will just have to accept
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I speaking to a dealership sales manager a few days ago and he told me "the dealers can decide who moves up on the reservation list..." I told him he was wrong. You notice is in the reservation FAQ Ford alludes to not actually following reservation order based on many factors...
They way I have understood all of this is that they are not building the broncos in a direct numerical order, i.e. your reservation was in on july 13th at 6pm, mine was in at 6:01 pm. They will be building them in batches and the way the broncos roll down the assembly line will be based on reservation time stamp. They aren't going to build an FE then follow it up with a base, following by a BD, followed by BB. There would be no way a dealer could pick which order gets built when.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
“Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.”

Is this the answer to why I can’t get a roof rack? I’ve been promising my wife more room for camping gear on that roof rack. Are they saying the deal will install it?
Many are saying you can have the dealer install it. Its really just an assumption and hope at the moment. But a lot of people are in this situation, including myself. I don't see why a dealer would say no to a paying customer

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its interesting that the build and price tool won't be updated with those late additions until basically, a full calendar year from today. I can see many being disappointed that they can't prime their order for a mansquatch ahead of time...
No idea how that works with the reservation to be converted to an order by end of January (I think)

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here’s the big question for me... the first Deliveries are in June 2021

so, what is considered late availability, August?
Normal delivery will be from June to December 2021. Late availability will be 2022. Thats the way I've been reading into it. Its not going to be fun for people in a hurry to get the Bronco thats for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They way I have understood all of this is that they are not building the broncos in a direct numerical order, i.e. your reservation was in on july 13th at 6pm, mine was in at 6:01 pm. They will be building them in batches and the way the broncos roll down the assembly line will be based on reservation time stamp. They aren't going to build an FE then follow it up with a base, following by a BD, followed by BB. There would be no way a dealer could pick which order gets built when.
Sounds like a logistical nightmare tbh

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the Build and Price does not submit your order. It's the dealer's Configurator that is usually much less graphic intensive which will make the order and send it to Ford. So, there's still hope that it will be correct.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Screenshot_20201026-153716_Chrome.jpg

MAN-SQUATCH in calendar year 2021 so I'm banking on that meaning that I am still getting a MY21 Bronco.
I wouldn't bank on a MY21, it says calendar year. It is all in the wording, our MAN-SQUATCH could very well be a MY-22, but be built in December 2021.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Normal delivery will be from June to December 2021. Late availability will be 2022. Thats the way I've been reading into it. Its not going to be fun for people in a hurry to get the Bronco thats for sure.

And now with Covid-19 numbers spiking through the roof as the weather gets cold the situation is only going to get worse. I wouldn't be surprised if the factories shut down for a period of time. It is what it is.
We have to look at the positive of this. The longer it takes, the more money ill comfortably have to drop on the down payment.
My only issue is I was promising to sell my current car to my sister. It will then go on to be my nephews first car ever. I told them June since I'm an early reservation holder. But if there are delays then that's longer for him to get his car. Or it means I still sell my car to them and I just go carless or use one of those zip car rent services for a while until my Bronco arrives

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are words in here that make me wonder about going with a smaller dealer. Does anyone have any older copy of the FAQ to compare against? "Residency" and "Location" bother me.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?

Bronco deliveries begin June 2021 and will extend through 2022. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. Actual delivery times will vary based on vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, and location. In late Q1 2021 you will receive an estimated delivery window based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Sponsored

GSDRock

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2020 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know what will be different on the MY22 vs MY21 other than the white hardtop roof?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.”

Is this the answer to why I can’t get a roof rack? I’ve been promising my wife more room for camping gear on that roof rack. Are they saying the deal will install it?
pretty sure if you took that to a lawyer, it's not specific enough to rule out the roof rack due to GVWR. it's a catch all CYA.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did they change the dealer thing too. Even if you changed dealers you can change again?

I already changed my dealer once, can I update my dealer selection again?

Yes. Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection through January 31, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order."
Where did you see this at? I have looked for it and do not see it on there. I could very well be blind and skipping right over it every time.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have to look at the positive of this. The longer it takes, the more money ill comfortably have to drop on the down payment.
My only issue is I was promising to sell my current car to my sister. It will then go on to be my nephews first car ever. I told them June since I'm an early reservation holder. But if there are delays then that's longer for him to get his car. Or it means I still sell my car to them and I just go carless or use one of those zip car rent services for a while until my Bronco arrives
Having longer to save money is definitely the positive. Thats the only positive though. Lol..
Sponsored