The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, I had been reading that differently, like there was a definite difference between 2021 & 2022, but I can’t argue with your logic.

this flu season will get REAL ugly, especially as I see a number of schools returning... just before Thanksgiving (what are they thinking!?)
Its definitely going to get ugly. Nobody is thinking thats the problem. Most leaders and people in charge have no clue what to do and there not making the right decisions.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can I make changes to my reservation?

You will be able to make changes and complete your Bronco configuration at the time you place your order.* The order conversion process will begin in December and run through January 31, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order

Guess my dealer will have to figure out the selling price at ordering.....

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More specifically, it's the weight that Ford has tested and confirmed that the vehicle is compliant to NTSB safety standards of performance. Loaded past that weight, they have limited their liability if an operator damages their vehicle or harms themselves.
Lets not forget the rating includes what goes inside the Bronco too. Some of you boys might need to see Jenny Craig between now and June. :giggle:

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The towing capacity as a separate issue, I can agree that it is limited. Is the limit imposed to limit Ford's liability? I think it should and will easily tow more.
You should never tow over what a vehicle is rated to tow. Ever. So if Ford puts 3500 as its capacity, that is it.

It is illegal and your not just putting yourself at risk, you are putting others at risk as well.

Off road capable and towing don't go together. For off road you have a high center of gravity large tires, and soft suspension with big articulation. None of that works well for towing.

I don't think you are necessarily recommending people do this, but I think it is important to mention that it is a really bad idea to tow over manufacture's stated capacities.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@CentennialState much appreciated. I almost forgot about this line in the fulfilment faq which is now missing: "All reservations will be completed before production of stuck units begins."

Since this is no longer in the revised FAQ does this mean the Ford intends to deliver dealer stock before all reservations are fulfilled? And if so, when? MY2021 or MY2022's?

I think Ford owes us reservations holders a clarification on how the allocation process is truly going to work and if they intend on delivering all reservations before shipping dealer stock. Somebody on twitter care to hit up the new CEO as Mike L. has proven he can't be trusted?

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GVWR is a safe operating limit for the vehicle fully loaded. The 4dr's GVW Rating has to include allowances for 5 adults, full fuel tank and cargo. Longer body, 2 additional doors, bigger block engine with heavier automatic transmission, more suspension parts, bigger tires, etc. all add up. The roof rack itself may not tip the scales, but it enables the huge overlanding storage racks and cargo they imply. That may be the issue.

As for the sound-deadening and paint protection.... who frigging knows?
If Ford is saying, the Bronco cannot have a roof rack, because four of my friends and I are gong to the beach, and I have their stuff, and couple boards on the factory rack, or bikes, or a pod carrier, or god forbid a tent, on the roof I am over the safe limit, they screwed up. This is a shat excuse for this debacle.

This is just one more time when Ford is not owning the fact that whoever has been put in charge of this Bronco project has failed it, and failed Ford.

Edit: most importantly failed us.

I am also shocked by the sheer number of apologist for Ford. I just don't get it.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty simple. Time to expand into the next weight class since FORD failed the weigh in for Bantam weight

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bandlands has steel bumpers, OBX does not...they are apparently very close to the GVWR. My only question is why are they trying to stick to being classified as a "Mid-size"? The price tags are certainly putting them in the full size category, they have the Baby Bronco for the mid-size...