First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I will be taking delivery of my Bronco within next week or two. I am planning on putting $10k down at finance. I was just thinking.....why couldn't I use my Ford VISA rewards card to make the down payment, collect a ton of points, then just pay the balance when statement is due? Either way I'm making a payment in same amount and this way I'll at least get a little something back. Good idea or bad idea?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s stopping you? I’ve put large down payments on my credit card in the past and paid it off, just to get the points. Should be no different.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I will be taking delivery of my Bronco within next week or two. I am planning on putting $10k down at finance. I was just thinking.....why couldn't I use my Ford VISA rewards card to make the down payment, collect a ton of points, then just pay the balance when statement is due? Either way I'm making a payment in same amount and this way I'll at least get a little something back. Good idea or bad idea?
Putting $3000 down on the card is what getting you the points. I just looked that up

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s stopping you? I’ve put large down payments on my credit card in the past and paid it off, just to get the points. Should be no different.
Exactly.....the points I earn getting the Bronco I will use to buy more stuff for the Bronco! :ROFLMAO:

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New Vehicle First Purchase Example

Make your first purchase of a $3,000 vehicle down payment and enjoy all of this:

• $100 Statement Credit1 when you spend $3,000 within your first 3 billing cycles after your account is opened
  • Enjoy 0% Intro APR2 for 6 billing cycles from the date of purchase on Ford Dealership purchases over $499. After your 6 billing cycles expire, you’ll have a variable APR rate of 15.99% – 26.99% based on the Prime Rate depending on how you meet our credit criteria
  • 5% Back in Points1 on Ford Dealership Purchases
  • 11,000 FordPass™ Rewards Points1 after your first purchase, get enough Points to enjoy The Works Service Package – a complimentary oil change3 and tire rotation
  • $200 Statement Credit1 Every Year when you spend $6,000 in 12 consecutive billing cycles after account opening – your new vehicle would mean you’re halfway to this benefit

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought tires at a ford dealer with my card and got x10 the points. Took about 3 weeks to show on my account. Check the fine print for vehicle purchase points.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even if you don't get the Visa, don't forget:

Ford stated that at the time of delivery, Ford Bronco buyers will earn 42,000 FordPass rewards points (over $200 value) to use toward maintenance, service, accessories, and more at their local Ford dealer. On top of that, Ford is adding an additional 20,000 rewards points at the time of delivery, which adds up to 62,000 points, or an over $300 value.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
New Vehicle First Purchase Example

Make your first purchase of a $3,000 vehicle down payment and enjoy all of this:

• $100 Statement Credit1 when you spend $3,000 within your first 3 billing cycles after your account is opened
  • Enjoy 0% Intro APR2 for 6 billing cycles from the date of purchase on Ford Dealership purchases over $499. After your 6 billing cycles expire, you’ll have a variable APR rate of 15.99% – 26.99% based on the Prime Rate depending on how you meet our credit criteria
  • 5% Back in Points1 on Ford Dealership Purchases
  • 11,000 FordPass™ Rewards Points1 after your first purchase, get enough Points to enjoy The Works Service Package – a complimentary oil change3 and tire rotation
  • $200 Statement Credit1 Every Year when you spend $6,000 in 12 consecutive billing cycles after account opening – your new vehicle would mean you’re halfway to this benefit
Thank you for the info. I've had the card for almost a year...think I got it after I made my reservation and realized that one day we might actually see/own/drive a Bronco! Looks like I will get bonus points for Dealership purchase......cha ching!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as the dealer will accept it, I'd use a CC with points-and in this case the Ford CC is a solid pick-every time.

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a 🇨🇦 I am very envious on what 🇺🇲 are able to put on credit.

There isn't a new car dealer in this country that will accept Credit Card that I'm aware of.

Sponsored

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your dealer is like most dealers I have either worked for or bought cars at, they will have a max amount they will allow on a card, to avoid a large credit processing fee. Typically 1-4K. Or they will charge you an additional 2-5% on the down payment to cover it. Just call their finance department and ask ahead of time so there are no surprises.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I worked with a guy who’s dad decided to buy a corvette on a Friday evening. This was on the 90s and the dealer couldn’t process financing that late. He used his AMEX to buy it and got the points.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for all the input……great information. I will contact the finance department to get an answer and post their response.
Will be sweet if I can put entire down payment on card and get the extra points to get some goodies!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for all the input……great information. I will contact the finance department to get an answer and post their response.
Will be sweet if I can put entire down payment on card and get the extra points to get some goodies!
But if you don't pay the balance in full the intetest charges will be ten times the value of the "free points".

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But if you don't pay the balance in full the intetest charges will be ten times the value of the "free points".
Definitely not gonna let that happen! Don’t even want to think about that!
Sponsored