Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I agree, always gonna be someone who needs a vehicle right now.
That's how I ended up in my Mazda lol, Focus died and I needed to find a replacement ASAP
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a reservation for a Cybertruck. With over 1000HP and 0-60 in 2.9 seconds it is going to be a beast.

BTW the range is 500+ miles. Once an EV passes the 500 mile barrier then I think more people will move away from ICE vehicles.

I'd love to have a Bronco or Truck that had 600+ hp and 600 ft/lbs of torque on tap at 0 RPMs. Or 1,000 of each would be even better but the styling of the Cybertruck is a bridge too far for me. :)

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a reservation for a Cybertruck. With over 1000HP and 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, it is going to be a beast.

BTW the range is 500+ miles. Once an EV passes the 500 mile barrier then I think more people will move away from ICE vehicles.
I have a reservation for a tri-motor one as well, just in case I warm up to the styling between now and when they deliver it in 2-3 years. I got in late on the reservations, so there are about 800,000 in front of me in line, lol. If my Model S starts giving me problems(it shouldn't as Tesla replaced the HV battery under warranty this April at 120,000 miles), I'll certainly replace it with the MS Plaid. The 2.0 second 0-60 and 9.03 1/4 mile will likely get me in trouble as I already have trouble daily keeping my Tesla under 90mph. The Plaid does 0-100mph in 5 seconds and 60-130mph in 4.51 seconds lol. I can't wait to drive one.

Ford Bronco Ford Wants To Compete With Tesla, But Its Dealers Are Getting In The Way Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.29.36 AM

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I for one am planning on buying a Tesla Model Y to replace my wife's Edge (yes I test drove a Mach-E) and I am getting a Bronco to replace my Expedition.

The Tesla experience has been amazing! Easy to schedule a test drive, all done on a smart phone and it took 1 minute. A text message reminder, and knowledgable sales staff who were not pushy and let me have the vehicle for an hour.

I haven't placed an order yet for a Bronco (waiting on '22 or '23) but gosh am I dreading having to deal with a dealer...

To be fair, I have not purchased either but I wish the Ford business model could work as simple as tesla's. The price I build it for online, is the price I get it regardless of dealer. All I want the dealer for is the test drive and to look at different models prior to purchase. I want to buy the darn thing online, show up and submit my financing and drive away in 20 minutes. Good luck having that happen at a Ford dealership...

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The biggest expense for me on my Tesla is the tires. The heavy foot has cost me. I got 25,000 miles out of the original set. The 2nd set got me another 25,000 miles and then I started to calm down so the 3rd set I got 50,000 miles. I just put on the 4th set so hopefully I'll get another 50,000 miles out of them.

They'll be some impressive off road vehicles coming out in the next 5 years because the torque they'll produce will really be beneficial for off roading.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
wait until the Austin plant goes online as they are producing the Model Y. The chassis/frame will be improved via the New GIGA press. If you can wait a little bit longer, wait for the new battery ... the 4680 battery.

I for one am planning on buying a Tesla Model Y to replace my wife's Edge (yes I test drove a Mach-E) and I am getting a Bronco to replace my Expedition.

The Tesla experience has been amazing! Easy to schedule a test drive, all done on a smart phone and it took 1 minute. A text message reminder, and knowledgable sales staff who were not pushy and let me have the vehicle for an hour.

I haven't placed an order yet for a Bronco (waiting on '22 or '23) but gosh am I dreading having to deal with a dealer...

To be fair, I have not purchased either but I wish the Ford business model could work as simple as tesla's. The price I build it for online, is the price I get it regardless of dealer. All I want the dealer for is the test drive and to look at different models prior to purchase. I want to buy the darn thing online, show up and submit my financing and drive away in 20 minutes. Good luck having that happen at a Ford dealership...

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wait until the Austin plant goes online as they are producing the Model Y. The chassis/frame will be improved via the New GIGA press. If you can wait a little bit longer, wait for the new battery ... the 4680 battery.
This is exactly why I haven't placed an order yet! Waiting for that "Rev 2" Model Y. Once it comes out, ordering pronto!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It should be soon as the Austin plant is already producing model Y demos to test run the line. Tesla wants it up and running in the 4th quarter as the model y is a HOT seller.

This is exactly why I haven't placed an order yet! Waiting for that "Rev 2" Model Y. Once it comes out, ordering pronto!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You might want to brush up on your Tesla revenue and carbon credit facts.
Their carbon credits were 3% of their revenue last quarter(Q2 2021) in which they made $1.6B in profit on $11.96B in revenue, up 100% YOY, lol. With Tesla’s sales forecasted to grow another 80% in 2022, their carbon credit will shrink to about 1.7% of their annual revenue. All the other car companies are scrambling to go electric with dozens of new models coming out in the next 2–3 years. They have ignored Tesla at their own peril and are now trying to play catch up while Tesla’s sales revenue will be over $100B a year by 2023. Last year only 33 US companies had over $100B in revenue.

Also, my Tesla with 131,000 miles on it drives newer with fewer rattles than 3 of our other ICE vehicles that all have less than 60,000 miles. Our ‘18 Range Rover is still pretty much rattle free but it’s much newer, has 70,000 fewer miles on it, and the Rover maintenance costs have already more than doubled what we’ve spent on the Tesla.

From Yahoo finance July 27th 2021 -

“For many years, Tesla made good money from selling carbon credits. But as other companies also shift to renewable sources, they need to buy fewer of those credits from companies like Tesla.

The share of revenue from carbon credit sales in Tesla’s total revenue more than halved to 3% in the June quarter from 7% a year ago.”
Tesla made 1.1 billion dollars profit with 354 million coming from selling carbon credits. So about 30% of their profit came from selling carbon. They have been profitable for the last 8 quarters but this was the FIRST time they made more money from energy storage and selling cars. Revenue isn’t profit and btw when you substitute wood and zip ties on the assembly line that isn’t quality.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a reservation for a Cybertruck. With over 1000HP and 0-60 in 2.9 seconds it is going to be a beast.

The Lucid Air says hi. 😁

Lucid Air EV Crushes 500 Miles-On-a-Single-Charge Barrier

Lucid Air has achieved a Holy Grail of EV technology—an electric car that sneers at "range anxiety"

Sponsored

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Back to the dealership model. :p

The old model of pressured sales, variable price, getting passed around from the sales guy, sales manager, financing guy, etc, to the process taking hours, is just dying out.

People, most at least, do their research, and try to nail down as much as they can before stepping foot at the dealership. The dealers with good internet sales teams will probably adapt and survive, the ones that don't will probably die out.

IMO, dealerships should be looking at becoming a delivery pickup location, service center and accessory installer. And that includes charging realistic prices for parts and accessories. I think that is the true dealership future.

If Ford really wanted to do more of a fixed pricing structure, they should set the MSRP, and the dealer gets a flat fee if it goes through their dealership to the consume, no ADM. Buyer comes in, signs the pickup slip (All other paper work could have been done online up front), and drives away.

My last 3 vehicles where all done via email/phone, time in dealership was minimal to sign papers, I waited longer for the finance guy to be available, than it took to just sign and leave (Had my own financing through the CU)

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Welcome to Texas, Tesla Headquarters...