Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford/warn winch mount Vs RC mod bumper winch mount pictures 79B5212A-C065-410C-93E8-8FCF4CAA748C

Ford Bronco Ford/warn winch mount Vs RC mod bumper winch mount pictures EA8C5F47-2B24-41E8-B0B9-6E3F9DA9F9F3
Ford Bronco Ford/warn winch mount Vs RC mod bumper winch mount pictures EA03938B-DEFF-4AE5-A481-E4706A58749B
Ford Bronco Ford/warn winch mount Vs RC mod bumper winch mount pictures 21CFDD83-09B5-46B8-ACE3-7E5C40CB229C
Ford Bronco Ford/warn winch mount Vs RC mod bumper winch mount pictures AB0AF310-D4BE-4968-8486-676304C07B87
Sponsored

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 antimatter blue obx (sold) 22 badlands mt
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
seems like you can have the RC option + high quality winch installed at a much cheaper cost than the ford performance. Are these both your broncos? Recommend one over the other?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that RC has the light bar provision, but wish it had the Ford Performance bull bar.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

seems like you can have the RC option + high quality winch installed at a much cheaper cost than the ford performance. Are these both your broncos? Recommend one over the other?
Red is my wife’s grey is mine. There is I doubt the ford setup is built better. Is has cross bracing underneath that the RC does not. Also fords kit comes with frame reinforcements for the end of the frames. RC, JCR do not include this to my knowledge. If one could find the ford setup for $2000ish they would be doing well. They both have theirs good points. The RC has provisions for you parking sensors. Fords setup does not. I did drill and move the sensors on ours. Both block the front camera if you have one. Ease of install goes to RC. If you don’t do frame reinforcements and fish the sensors out without taking the bumper off it’s very easy. Fords setup the bumper is coming off period as you get new recovery points and the frame reinforcements.
If your a person hung up on testing and safety well Fords setup has been tested approved and even has an air bag recalibration so the air bag timing is spot on.
both Work well. The ford setup seems over engineered and the difference in weight of the winch plate is very noticeable. The ford setup is a brute to hold and install. I also wish the RC came with a bull bar and will probably have a custom one made at some point. Possibly with camera mounting tabs welded on it.
the bull bar studs are what hood the winch plate on with the ford setup you can’t run it without the bar unless you buy separate hardware.
I added the LOD frame stiffeners to my RC setup because someone with more engineering knowledge decided fords setup should have them. The LOD are not a direct bolt on and without trimming do not fit with the modular bumper and metal bash plate. Also they require you to drill the frame if you want the most effective stiffening. I would have loved to find a set fords frame stiffeners/reinforcements and they are a better setup.

imo the ford setup is better thought out and complete.
but I was not prepared to spend that kind of money twice. It came with her Bronco from the dealer it was one thing Incoukdnt get them to budge on. It was supposed to be on a mannequin but didn’t arrive in time. They claimed they may not get another bronco for retail the rest of the year and flat out said it gets sold with it or this Bronco isn’t for you. They put in nicer than that lol. They did knock off some $$ from the $3500 list price. And I didn’t have them install it as I wanted to move the parking sensors so saved another $500 there that they wanted for the install.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely love the RC. The price was incredible. The look is great once I relocated the control box. Finished it off with a blackout job and decal removal.
Ford Bronco Ford/warn winch mount Vs RC mod bumper winch mount pictures A2B4452D-5EE3-43B7-999D-C855198C1BF9

Sponsored

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Red is my wife’s grey is mine. There is I doubt the ford setup is built better. Is has cross bracing underneath that the RC does not. Also fords kit comes with frame reinforcements for the end of the frames. RC, JCR do not include this to my knowledge. If one could find the ford setup for $2000ish they would be doing well. They both have theirs good points. The RC has provisions for you parking sensors. Fords setup does not. I did drill and move the sensors on ours. Both block the front camera if you have one. Ease of install goes to RC. If you don’t do frame reinforcements and fish the sensors out without taking the bumper off it’s very easy. Fords setup the bumper is coming off period as you get new recovery points and the frame reinforcements.
If your a person hung up on testing and safety well Fords setup has been tested approved and even has an air bag recalibration so the air bag timing is spot on.
both Work well. The ford setup seems over engineered and the difference in weight of the winch plate is very noticeable. The ford setup is a brute to hold and install. I also wish the RC came with a bull bar and will probably have a custom one made at some point. Possibly with camera mounting tabs welded on it.
the bull bar studs are what hood the winch plate on with the ford setup you can’t run it without the bar unless you buy separate hardware.
I added the LOD frame stiffeners to my RC setup because someone with more engineering knowledge decided fords setup should have them. The LOD are not a direct bolt on and without trimming do not fit with the modular bumper and metal bash plate. Also they require you to drill the frame if you want the most effective stiffening. I would have loved to find a set fords frame stiffeners/reinforcements and they are a better setup.

imo the ford setup is better thought out and complete.
but I was not prepared to spend that kind of money twice. It came with her Bronco from the dealer it was one thing Incoukdnt get them to budge on. It was supposed to be on a mannequin but didn’t arrive in time. They claimed they may not get another bronco for retail the rest of the year and flat out said it gets sold with it or this Bronco isn’t for you. They put in nicer than that lol. They did knock off some $$ from the $3500 list price. And I didn’t have them install it as I wanted to move the parking sensors so saved another $500 there that they wanted for the install.
Thanks for the awesome reply! Im not a huge fan of new recovery points. Sounds like if i go with the one from ford i cant ever take it off and transfer it to another bronco. I have an offer for one for $2100 (new open box) from a dealer. After install it would prob be about $600-$750 more than getting a comparable winch and going with the RC mount. Either case I certainly will not be installing. I have a badlands manual with standard package so not worried about camera or sensors.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Recommend the Warnfor the name or the badlands winch for the price, or no real opinion either way?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the awesome reply! Im not a huge fan of new recovery points. Sounds like if i go with the one from ford i cant ever take it off and transfer it to another bronco. I have an offer for one for $2100 (new open box) from a dealer. After install it would prob be about $600-$750 more than getting a comparable winch and going with the RC mount. Either case I certainly will not be installing. I have a badlands manual with standard package so not worried about camera or sensors.
It is all completely reversible nothing is cut or welded with the ford setup. It would transfer over just fine.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Recommend the Warnfor the name or the badlands winch for the price, or no real opinion either way?
I haven’t had enough actual use to really form an opinion other than warn has been around long time and has a decent reputation. For the rarely used scenario such as myself.
I’m hoping the badlands apex does well.
Not that I like getting stuck but I do like to challenge the limits of what I can do.

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is all completely reversible nothing is cut or welded with the ford setup. It would transfer over just fine.
thanks again. I did buy it based on your feedback. Got it for $2100 plus tax

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

thanks again. I did buy it based on your feedback. Got it for $2100 plus tax
Nice! It’s a solid setup and parts availability if needed are a plus. Install was straight forward. I can tell you that when you nose plant the bronco straight down in the dirt with the ford warn setup it will hold the weight of the bronco and not bend at all. My wife nose planted hers to a dead stop. Saved the bumper and grill from damage.

Last edited:

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you make a custom bracket for the camera relocation? It looks great. I have an OBX and thinking of doing this. Did you drill a hole behind that plastic plate? Finally do you have before and after camera views?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you make a custom bracket for the camera relocation? It looks great. I have an OBX and thinking of doing this. Did you drill a hole behind that plastic plate? Finally do you have before and after camera views?
No bracket needed but I did have to drill a big hole. While at least the camera is usable it is not perfect it makes the winch look huge from the overhead view. Still better than just looking at the back of the winch and cost nothing. I’ll grab a picnic the screen when I get to work.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it possible to show us what the frame reinforcements look like on the Ford setup?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would be a @drewgolson question I’m not taking mine back apart 🤣. There are thicker front plates then a on either side of the frame. They bolt through the frame them bolt all together when the recovery points get mounted if my memory is correct.
Sponsored