Sponsored

Ford Warranty - 3 year stock vs 7 year extended?

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just picked up my basequatch and I opted for the 7 year after I was told there was a $3000 instant rebate and then an additional $500 discount for Costco and AAA memberships.

long story short - was a I bamboozled? is the 3 year fine or was dropping $4400 on the "more coverage" 7 year a good deal?

My wife seems to think I was hosed. Please help me understand as I have a small window to cancel the coverage and get my money back.
Cancel it…..Flood Ford or Granger will do the same warranty for 1700 bucks
Sponsored

OP
OP
nic_papagiorgio

nic_papagiorgio

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi e-tron
Your Bronco Model
Base
@nic_papagiorgio

An extended warranty on vehicle design that is new to the market and one that has lots of tech in it is a good idea. These things get expensive to fix once past the 3 year, 36k mile warranty, the length of which is short these days. One repair bill can cover the cost of the that extended warranty. It sounds like your dealer sold you a third party warranty since it had some type of rebate and discount for Costco and AAA. I am unaware of Ford offering such discounts on the Ford ESP Premium Protect extended warranty. As some have pointed out, cancel that warranty through the dealer.

Price a Ford ESP Premium Protect factory extended warranty through one the 3 major dealers selling online. Flood Ford ESP and Ziegler Ford ESP have been Ford dealers doing this online the longest. They both give you quotes online. Grainger requires calling them to get a quote. Compare all 3 because they will differ slightly in price but be relatively close and so much cheaper than most Ford dealers. When I did mine, Ziegler gave a nice discount for paying in full. If you have Ford Points, you can apply those to offset some of the cost. Make sure to add on the lights coverage (LED replacement lights are pricey), key FOB coverage and first day rental coverage. Super inexpensive add-ons that save you money down the road. In fact, for the $20 for first rental coverage, if you take your Bronco in now for warranty service the dealer has to give your a loaner even if it's just for the afternoon. Cheap perk I have already benefited from. Otherwise, under the normal warranty the threshold is like several days in the shop before they give you a loaner covered by Ford (of course, your dealer may provide one as a courtesy but I don't see that much with the Ford vehicle market). There are a bunch of threads on here regarding the extended warranties if you need more research and input from folks. Links below to Zeigler and Flood.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Granger thread - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-protect-extended-service-plan-50-over-cost.37719/
thank you kindly!

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@nic_papagiorgio

An extended warranty on vehicle design that is new to the market and one that has lots of tech in it is a good idea. These things get expensive to fix once past the 3 year, 36k mile warranty, the length of which is short these days. One repair bill can cover the cost of the that extended warranty. It sounds like your dealer sold you a third party warranty since it had some type of rebate and discount for Costco and AAA. I am unaware of Ford offering such discounts on the Ford ESP Premium Protect extended warranty. As some have pointed out, cancel that warranty through the dealer.

Price a Ford ESP Premium Protect factory extended warranty through one the 3 major dealers selling online. Flood Ford ESP and Ziegler Ford ESP have been Ford dealers doing this online the longest. They both give you quotes online. Grainger requires calling them to get a quote. Compare all 3 because they will differ slightly in price but be relatively close and so much cheaper than most Ford dealers. When I did mine, Ziegler gave a nice discount for paying in full. If you have Ford Points, you can apply those to offset some of the cost. Make sure to add on the lights coverage (LED replacement lights are pricey), key FOB coverage and first day rental coverage. Super inexpensive add-ons that save you money down the road. In fact, for the $20 for first rental coverage, if you take your Bronco in now for warranty service the dealer has to give your a loaner even if it's just for the afternoon. Cheap perk I have already benefited from. Otherwise, under the normal warranty the threshold is like several days in the shop before they give you a loaner covered by Ford (of course, your dealer may provide one as a courtesy but I don't see that much with the Ford vehicle market). There are a bunch of threads on here regarding the extended warranties if you need more research and input from folks. Links below to Zeigler and Flood.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Granger thread - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-protect-extended-service-plan-50-over-cost.37719/
I disagree with buying nothing on a first year truck with unknown history, but each of us is capable of assessing our personal risk tolerance. I’m capable of paying for whatever repairs come my way, but I believe the vehicle may incur more in repairs during the term than the cost of the warranty. I’ve been in the black on every extended warranty I’ve purchased to date with the warranty paying at least 2x it’s cost, some on my VW’s paid 4-7x the cost of the warranty in repairs. One or two out of warranty electrical repairs will likely cover the $1955 I paid for the 8/100 warranty with $50 deductible, LED, and key coverage. I’d be more inclined to roll the dice on a Base, but my Badlands High had all kinds of electronics to break.

I will point out that the warranty can be purchased for $100 more between 12,000 miles and when the 3/36 warranty expires. I bought back in January before the published price increase and saved 8%. I also wanted to lock it in before inflation gets a hold of the number and drives it up farther.
There is always a fair argument for springing for the so called peace of mind. It definitely works for someone. On the other side of the coin is if everyone who bought one used them then the insurance companies would go out of business. Folks love to sell them. They are a super profitable product. They also tend to be very restrictive and may require the vehicle owner to perform extra maintenance and produce supporting documentation thereby negating any coverage benefits.
The other question is why who anybody buy a vehicle that they think is going to be a train wreck?
To each his own…

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Kudos to the Dealer!

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

listen to your wife. You could have got that 7 yr 100k warranty for less than half that if you researched this forum first.

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just picked up my basequatch and I opted for the 7 year after I was told there was a $3000 instant rebate and then an additional $500 discount for Costco and AAA memberships.

long story short - was a I bamboozled? is the 3 year fine or was dropping $4400 on the "more coverage" 7 year a good deal?

My wife seems to think I was hosed. Please help me understand as I have a small window to cancel the coverage and get my money back.
you could have gotten a sweet deal from granger on the ford esp

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bought the extended 100000 mile because I drive alot, I'm already 1/5 the way there so it won't take long to rack up 100,00k. Just long enough to figure out a 5.2 supercharged swap..I bought it for the engine and trans and computer, the rest of the shit I can fix myself.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cancel it…..Flood Ford or Granger will do the same warranty for 1700 bucks
@nic_papagiorgio
Folks in Florida can ONLY buy extended warranties from a dealer in Florida and cannot buy one “online” or out of state and therefore we pay more. It is State Law. We can’t participate in the flood or Granger program. You can thank Florida politicians for that.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Either get no warranty and revisit the question before you hit 3 yrs/36,000, or email Granger. Sweet spot IMO is 8years, 100,000 miles with $100 or $200 deductible. Get add-ons for lights and rental if you don’t have an extra vehicle.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either get no warranty and revisit the question before you hit 3 yrs/36,000, or email Granger. Sweet spot IMO is 8years, 100,000 miles with $100 or $200 deductible. Get add-ons for lights and rental if you don’t have an extra vehicle.
$50 deductible is the sweet spot for me. I made a long post as to why a while back, but basically if you used it between 3 and 7 times the $50 was best.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After weighing the arguments for and against the ESP I'm leaning towards cancelling mine altogether. My concern is even if something big breaks and I need it, I'm likely to void coverage anyway with some of the stuff I do.

OP
OP
nic_papagiorgio

nic_papagiorgio

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi e-tron
Your Bronco Model
Base
@nic_papagiorgio
Folks in Florida can ONLY buy extended warranties from a dealer in Florida and cannot buy one “online” or out of state and therefore we pay more. It is State Law. We can’t participate in the flood or Granger program. You can thank Florida politicians for that.
i feel like there's a lot of shit Florida can "thank" its politicians for...

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Powertrain is a 5 year so you are paying for 2 more years in that regard.
Sponsored