Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the silicon wafers for the next year are already spoken for/paid for too, so it's gonna be a minute. Also, the two Ukrainian companies that export an estimated 50% of the global high-purity Neon for chip production have halted exports.

This would be a great time to switch away from the hyper-connected vehicle electronics that will tattle on you or Ford will, and has, release the collected information to the authorities. I don't see that happening, so it's going to be at least two years before this gets better.
Sponsored

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didnā€™t take it as condescending. The scenario you lay out is a good one. Iā€™d have to give it some thought, if thatā€™s all it turned out to be (and Iā€™m in the ā€œdonā€™t bother with my stop/start chipā€ camp), Iā€™d have to consider it. But if it ended up being a significant portion of the lux packageā€™s nice-to-havesā€¦ thatā€™s a different story. As I said, Iā€™ve got some rules with money in the four figures and up. I keep my money working and being out of the market (especially a down market like now, pronounced: ā€œon saleā€) can end up being significant opportunity costs. Iā€™m willing to take those on for something that I want (fully loaded kickass bronco), but Iā€™m not nuts about the notion of selling low and taking the hit for nothing but vague promises. Iā€™m fundamentally opposed to giving a corporation (or the govt) an interest-free loan.
So, like in all things, weā€™ll have to see what the situation looks like when it is being implemented. If itā€™s minor like your example, I might try to set aside my somewhat hardliner stance and write it off as ā€œthe cost of cool.ā€ If it ends up being four figures-worth of non-essentials, thatā€™s a big no and a 99 from me. Like I said, YMMV. I can wait.
Yeah, individual situations vary. As a first 10 minute reservation holder and my WT sitting at Ice Mountain for the past 2 monthsā€¦..the prospects of it sitting there for another year for capabilities that are no more than creature comforts does not appeal to me.
Iā€™m taking ford at their word (dangerous, I know), that itā€™ll be whole within a year, and sitting in my garage for a year, and being able to take it for a spin, minus a nanny option, sounds better than the alternative to me.
And I couldnā€™t care less as to the resale value since I will pass this vehicle down to my grandson.
Hopefully there will be more options available to the consumer thanā€¦.itā€™s here, take it or leave it, but if not, Iā€™m not getting back in line after waiting 2 yearsā€¦ā€¦at least not back in the Ford line.

Deleted member 21681

Yeah, individual situations vary. As a first 10 minute reservation holder and my WT sitting at Ice Mountain for the past 2 monthsā€¦..the prospects of it sitting there for another year for capabilities that are no more than creature comforts does not appeal to me.
Iā€™m taking ford at their word (dangerous, I know), that itā€™ll be whole within a year, and sitting in my garage for a year, and being able to take it for a spin, minus a nanny option, sounds better than the alternative to me.
And I couldnā€™t care less as to the resale value since I will pass this vehicle down to my grandson.
Hopefully there will be more options available to the consumer thanā€¦.itā€™s here, take it or leave it, but if not, Iā€™m not getting back in line after waiting 2 yearsā€¦ā€¦at least not back in the Ford line.
Definitely. Also, I should have noted: Iā€™m a Jan 2021 res, with no vin. My calculus might be a bit different if Iā€™d been seeing dirt/ice mountain pictures and knowing my baby was somewhere out there.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Folks will have two opportunities to make a choice. Once when its been shipped to the dealer and he asks if you want it or not. If not, then it will go on the lot to be sold to someone else. The other opportunity is earlier when we get confirmation from our dealers that yes Ford is moving forward with shipping units without modules. At that point, you can probably change your status to 99 and wait out the missing module period.

So step up and make a decision. You may not like any of it, but we know that Ford really doesn't care what any of us thinks. We just have to find our own path that we can live with.
You cannot 99 an order that already is being built, you are past the point of no return

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You cannot 99 an order that already is being built, you are past the point of no return
Correct. If you don't have a VIN (like someone I know), you have a choice to make.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, to confirm, we haven't confirmed which features will be turned off during that year long wait correct? All speculation at this point?
Correctamundo. Hopefully, itā€™s just the A.S.S chip or Ass warmer chip, but yeah, weā€™re killing time speculating at this point.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct. If you don't have a VIN (like someone I know), you have a choice to make.
Ah, well ok. I'd say if you don't have a vin by now you will be reordering a my23 anyway

Right now ford is looking into contingencies of their contingency plans, im not as optimistic as some of you are

If you thought 2 years of pandemic was bad, you are really going to be surprised how much changes with a war

Last edited:

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If, you have a Bronco sitting in a Michigan parking lotā€¦..I donā€™t see how this could be bad news. I mean, itā€™s bad news that they donā€™t have required parts or chips, but we already knew this. I would imagine just about anyone would rather have their Bronco in their driveway or garage waiting on an auto start/stop chip or heated seat chip vs not getting built at all or sitting at Ice/dirt mountain.
This is great news and canā€™t for the life of me understand why this hasnā€™t already happened. Itā€™s what some of us have been clambering about for months.
I still donā€™t understand how or why they are completing and shipping broncos finished to people if these are sitting unfinished?? First chips should go to broncos on lot waiting THEN you can build and ship incomplete cars if you want. A total f-you to those that have been patiently waiting and early supports of the brand

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still donā€™t understand how or why they are completing and shipping broncos finished to people if these are sitting unfinished?? First chips should go to broncos on lot waiting THEN you can build and ship incomplete cars if you want. A total f-you to those that have been patiently waiting and early supports of the brand
Logistics of keeping plants/people working the best way possible.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They thought it would be a quicker fix, and be able to get people whole broncos within a few months. I'm sure with all the bullshit shortages, and events in the world recently, they decided to look at other options.

My bronco has modules, and like most was driven to ice mountain. I'm sure it's feature related, not safety or drivability related for the majority of broncos like mine.

Send It .

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Meanwhile bronco production goes on 1500+ per week with 2000 chips each. Car chips are mostly made in Japan. IDK Never heard of those materials needed. Car chips are micro silicon chips. Please Explain where neon and palladium is used?
Ford has a supply for at least a while. Could be tight but a supply.
Iā€™m not going to educate you on chip manufacturing. Just use Google theyā€™ll explain it better anyway.
Sponsored