HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s my experiences with @Ford Motor Company and promises for features to be added after taking delivery of the vehicle.
In March 2021, we ordered an F-150 Platinum with the PowerBoost engine. BlueCruise was “supposed” to be added to it by Q3 of 2021 and here were are, a full year later with no BlueCruise.
The hardware is already loaded on the vehicle. We’ve been driving a truck with a very expensive and appealing option that we’ve not been able to use for a full year, and so far, it’s been crickets from Ford…..For a SOFTWARE OTA update. Other F150s produced after ours already have the feature available and have been using it for months.
If any of you think that Ford is going to be able to pull this off with dealers physically adding “chips” to tens of thousands of Broncos in a timely manner, I’ve got a bridge in Arizona to sell you.
Look at the monkey screwing a football debauchery we’ve already seen from this company with reservations/allocations and how we’ve been treated over the past 2 years. I’ll believe it when I physically have a complete Bronco in the driveway. Until then, it’s just more empty promises from Ford.
This Bronco may very well be my last Ford ever. And this is coming from a Ford family for the past 40+ years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

100% agree BUT bronco6g likes to complain and go against the grain at every opportunity. If Ford holds vehicles for chips then bronco6g gets angry and if they release them while waiting for chips then bronco6g still gets angry. No matter what Ford can’t win
Agreed ... next some malcontent is going to start talking about "lemon laws".

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it's good, overall.

I do love the minimalist comments, though. Yea, for some they would actually love going back to crank windows, no A/C, some rubber floors over bare metal, etc. But for the majority of people it's the proverbial rose-colored glasses.

Give it one winter (in northern states) and you'll be trading for something with remote start and/or heated seats. Give it one summer you'll want the A/C. Give it... well, just give it time and you'll want your power windows (not as much for the 2-door people haha).

It's fine, I'm one of you, I'm criticizing myself. I've tried to go back to vehicles that are simpler, and it's fun for a bit, but then daily life kicks in after a while and you're ready for some of the conveniences again.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So let’s say the chip that your vehicle is missing is the chip that controls heated seats (or auto start or something else non essential). Would Ford allow the dealers to release the vehicles to us? Or would the dealers hold onto our Broncos until the part comes in?
Why would the dealer pay Ford for the vehicle and then hold on to it for as long as possible after Ford has told them the vehicle is drivable and salaable?

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers represent FORD. Should be some kind of compensation for not getting a COMPLETE VEHICLE. That would be like buying a house with just felt paper on the roof, livable until the shingles are manufactured! UNEXCEPTABLE!!
Nope. Not without the compensation coming from the top (FORD), you won’t be getting it from the dealership. Bet..

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m saying if your bronco sat out there all winter, and then they ship it the same way it was when they put it there, I’d be pissed.
Tell them to hold on to it until they have all the chips?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Within one year? Are you fucking kidding me? Ford must really be deprioritizing Bronco. I know we all want our vehicles, but in my optics this is a horrible idea.
Its wiggle room? I'll take take mine, you can let them sit on yours ...

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its wiggle room? I'll take take mine, you can let them sit on yours ...
Keep reading / see my other comments.

Ford can keep the auto start module, I don’t see any trouble with that omission.

Last edited:

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The first article makes no mention of Bronco, and the second is nothing more than speculation based on what Ford told dealers at NADA. It’s no different than someone saying…

1. I like ice cream
2. Ice cream makes me cold.
3. Obviously I like being cold.

Number 3 cannot be assumed from 1 & 2.

I‘m not sure how you cannot understand that nowhere has it been stated from Ford that Broncos are going to start shipping missing features.

I‘m not saying it could not happen…just that it hasn’t been confirmed anywhere from Ford yet.
Bet you are real fun at parties….

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
at this point, since my bronco has been sitting in a lot since january with radio silence from ford, my hopes of them actually getting ice mountain cleared out by may are very low. i'd much rather have it in my garage than in that lot even without a module. if i hadn't been built and mothballed i might feel differently but no good comes from my vehicle sitting there on ice mountain for three months or likely more.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is too new and the information is closely guarded to know for sure, but it estimated that new vehicles can have anywhere from 100 to 1,400 semiconductors for the various systems. I will gladly wait or purchase something else. The last thing I want is an incomplete product. Do you really think Ford will have the manpower to replace missing computer chips at a later date?
Ford Bronco Ford will ship Broncos without chips controlling non-safety critical features chips-detailed-diagram

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Walking away is power. The person I’m protecting is myself, and sometimes the only way to win is not play the game.

So what if my unfinished Bronco goes to someone else with ADM? They can make the gamble I won’t. I have a perfectly working car right now. Why would I want to trade down for a lot more money?
Ford Bronco Ford will ship Broncos without chips controlling non-safety critical features 1647198859471

The consumer has more power in their hands than they want to believe
Not playing the game is a strong option

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is an option when ordering the f150 but I don’t think it is an option in the bronco.

When you do this on the f150, the button will have a blank and your window sticker will reflect a decrease in mpg.

Has anyone tired this with the bronco yet?
Sponsored